• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New TV Series to watch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Amazon doesn't get a lot of talk, but they just released two new seasons of some pretty good shows...Sneaky Pete and Bosch.

I binged Bosch's new season last week and it continues to be a very solid detective show. It kind of reminds me of Dexter minus the nonsense. Just started Sneaky Pete's new season and the first two episodes have been really good.

Lol Barry is really, really good. Highly Recommended.

Yes it is! Also forgot to even mention that the main character, played by Hader, is from Cleveland. He wears a WMMS shirt in the pilot. And while it's really good and I understand most shows end up in LA or New York and end up being about acting/show business, it woulda been cool to see a hitman series in the rust belt as well (a la Fargo).

Yes it is! Also forgot to even mention that the main character, played by Hader, is from Cleveland. He wears a WMMS shirt in the pilot. And while it's really good and I understand most shows end up in LA or New York and end up being about acting/show business, it woulda been cool to see a hitman series in the rust belt as well (a la Fargo).

Hader is from Cleveland? that's awesome...He is a cool dude.

This show is probably my go to casual show. Just makes my mood better...and I love the acting by everyone tbh.

The blonde girl also makes watching this show a pleasure(Although she is fucked up on the inside lol)

Hader is from Cleveland? that's awesome...He is a cool dude.

This show is probably my go to casual show. Just makes my mood better...and I love the acting by everyone tbh.

The blonde girl also makes watching this show a pleasure(Although she is fucked up on the inside lol)

Hader is from Oklahoma, but the character Barry is from Cleveland.

I'm not really sure why they chose Cleveland, but Berg and Hader apparently initially wrote the show set in Cleveland but then realized they'd have to film there instead of staying in LA with their kids and nice weather.

Hader is from Oklahoma, but the character Barry is from Cleveland.

I'm not really sure why they chose Cleveland, but Berg and Hader apparently initially wrote the show set in Cleveland but then realized they'd have to film there instead of staying in LA with their kids and nice weather.

Hader was in the movie with Lebron, so that may have had something to do with it.

I really tried liking The Expanse. The seasons are on Amazon Prime. It feels hollow though.

so the girl died from an organic entity that came from some unknown species that will likely take ten more seasons to find out about, and they got it from or associated with ANOTHER unknown species that will likely take twenty more seasons to find out about?

Also, almost everyone is a scumbag. So it's hard to care what happens to anyone.

I really tried liking The Expanse. The seasons are on Amazon Prime. It feels hollow though.

I mean, did you think they'd just resolve everything in one season? The whole series is about how the existence of this alien protomolecule completely changes the future of the human race, and they only just discover the thing in the first season.

Also, I believe only nine novels are planned for the series (seven are currently out, and the books should be done by the end of 2019), and the show has seemed to move at roughly one season per novel, which means you're looking at nine to ten seasons max, and that's assuming they don't streamline anything.

At any rate, I'd recommend sticking with it. The first and second books were probably two of the weakest in the series (lots of necessary set-up), and some absolutely bat shit crazy stuff starts happening later on. If I recall, the third book was pretty great, and some of the later ones are even better.

The oa is frustrating.

Is an interesting premise but there are so many mistakes in the writing

The lead actress created it. Seems like she had way too much power and I think a lot of goofy shit made it much further than it should have

So any Legion lovers in here?

This series is just so well made...the atmosphere, cinematics, the story that you have no idea how is going to unfold...the series also tries to send a message regarding humans and the world in general.

This series is all over the place, but in a good way. It's captivating and it's just very enjoyable to me. Highly recommended.

So any Legion lovers in here?

This series is just so well made...the atmosphere, cinematics, the story that you have no idea how is going to unfold...the series also tries to send a message regarding humans and the world in general.

This series is all over the place, but in a good way. It's captivating and it's just very enjoyable to me. Highly recommended.

I like the show but the story being all over the places makes it hard to remember what exactly happens from episode to episode. Maybe if I binged it, the shorten timespan would help with that issue. As a week to week show of 8 episodes in season one and 10 episode in season 2 more than a year later, it almost makes large parts of it forgettable.

For me the show feels like a dream in almost every sense. Completely forgettable parts, all over the place, crazy, ending in weird places, etc but also capitiving and wanting to see more of what happens.

Last edited:
Just discovered Eric Andre.

It's irritating, but it is funny.

The oa is frustrating.

Is an interesting premise but there are so many mistakes in the writing

The lead actress created it. Seems like she had way too much power and I think a lot of goofy shit made it much further than it should have

This is a flaw in the Netflix way of running things. They work almost like venture capital, giving money out as bets expecting low percentage hit rate but those hit pay out big. I think they are slowly moving away from this. The OA just falls right on the edge of a big pay out. No one expected it to be as good as it was. It was almost dumped to us and a small following found it and got the word out.

Brit Marling was an indie film maker and got a budget to make 8 episodes of tv. I won't say she got too much power but she had too much responsibility. I fully expect the second season to be better production value and the writing to be more thought out. She will get a writers room and help in other areas since Netflix will be willing to invest more into the show.

This is a flaw in the Netflix way of running things. They work almost like venture capital, giving money out as bets expecting low percentage hit rate but those hit pay out big. I think they are slowly moving away from this. The OA just falls right on the edge of a big pay out. No one expected it to be as good as it was. It was almost dumped to us and a small following found it and got the word out.

Brit Marling was an indie film maker and got a budget to make 8 episodes of tv. I won't say she got too much power but she had too much responsibility. I fully expect the second season to be better production value and the writing to be more thought out. She will get a writers room and help in other areas since Netflix will be willing to invest more into the show.
gotcha.

There are just so many plot holes.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."