• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Damn, Jimmy G this is some serious good quarterbacking.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Plenty of other teams out there who need a QB and he still got dealt for a 2.

As I said, he hadn't earned the value to recoup a first rounder. And he didn't.

giphy.gif

Simply false.

A truly elite talent evaluator (aka me) would have realized that he is worth the first round price tag. (Because he was) this was proven this year by going 5-0 with one of the worst rosters in the league.

Jimmy G AKA FRANCHISE QB.

Simply false.

A truly elite talent evaluator (aka me) would have realized that he is worth the first round price tag. (Because he was) this was proven this year by going 5-0 with one of the worst rosters in the league.

Jimmy G AKA FRANCHISE QB.

Be careful on calling someone a franchise QB after 5 starts. RG3 is a very recent example of that precautionary tale.

I am not saying he isnt, just saying it isnt proven yet. 5 games is just way to little, but it is trending in that direction for sure.

Jimmy G will be fine, and will be well worth the (predicted) investment of a second round pick.

Not sure why we're rehashing my accurate prediction that he would not be valued as a first round pick.

Jimmy G will be fine, and will be well worth the (predicted) investment of a second round pick.

Not sure why we're rehashing my accurate prediction that he would not be valued as a first round pick.

But in hindsight......

But in hindsight......

Which isn't what anyone was arguing.

The point was he hasn't earned a first round pick return, given his lack of playing time.

It had nothing to do with him as a player. And, since I'm sure you tried to pull up my own takes from this thread, you'd see I've never said otherwise.

And also said this:

Bears or Browns?

Okay, if the Bears give up a Top 3 pick. They can have him.

Other than that, take 33 or leave it.

JG isn't commanding the 12th pick, that doesn't present enough value.

Which isn't what anyone was arguing.

The point was he hasn't earned a first round pick return, given his lack of playing time.

It had nothing to do with him as a player. And, since I'm sure you tried to pull up my own takes from this thread, you'd see I've never said otherwise.

And also said this:

You specifically valued him at a second round pick.

I said fuck it give em 12.

Anyways I’m messing with you anyways. But man... you’d be a little more bareable if you learned how to say you were wrong every once in a while. :chuckle:

So did the team that traded for him, as I said.

You had like a year to understand my point, looks like it didn't take.

Better luck next time.

I said fuck it give em 12.

Anyways I’m messing with you anyways. But man... you’d be a little more bareable if you learned how to say you were wrong every once in a while. :chuckle:

The issue is not understanding what Boobie said.

You say you think he will play up to a 12 pick, looks like he might, still not proven yet.

Boobie was saying that this current value was an early 2nd, which proved to be true.

How a player ends up playing has nothing to do with value at trade. People out play or under play their value.

In this case it looks like you were both right. Keep in mind, his value is hurt because he was not a rookie and ended up taking the same level contract Cousins got and you didnt have to pay anything for Cousins.

Basically there was a huge risk because of the coming up free agency for Jimmy, he wasnt worth a first round pick. NE knew that, but Belicheck didnt want to trade him, he wanted to pay him and stash him behind Brady. It became obvious that NE wouldnt have the cap room to do that and traded him for a 2nd round pick.

The issue is not understanding what Boobie said.

You say you think he will play up to a 12 pick, looks like he might, still not proven yet.

Boobie was saying that this current value was an early 2nd, which proved to be true.

How a player ends up playing has nothing to do with value at trade. People out play or under play their value.

In this case it looks like you were both right. Keep in mind, his value is hurt because he was not a rookie and ended up taking the same level contract Cousins got and you didnt have to pay anything for Cousins.

Basically there was a huge risk because of the coming up free agency for Jimmy, he wasnt worth a first round pick. NE knew that, but Belicheck didnt want to trade him, he wanted to pay him and stash him behind Brady. It became obvious that NE wouldnt have the cap room to do that and traded him for a 2nd round pick.

Bro I’m fucking with him

Her work is less than stellar...

Tom Brady remains disappoint!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."