• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 Draft Prospects Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Watched some film on Devin White from LSU.

Man, he might be better than Roquan Smith when its all said and done.

I'm exited about this crop of defensive linemen as much as the next guy but I'll be straight with ya... I think the Browns defensive line as constructed RIGHT NOW is going to be top quarter of the NFL. Maybe they add another threat to the interior, but I'm not even seeing a huge need at the moment. Now if Ogbah has another season where he gets dinged up, maybe my urgency changes.

Those top three left tackle prospects intrigue me more.

I'm exited about this crop of defensive linemen as much as the next guy but I'll be straight with ya... I think the Browns defensive line as constructed RIGHT NOW is going to be top quarter of the NFL. Maybe they add another threat to the interior, but I'm not even seeing a huge need at the moment. Now if Ogbah has another season where he gets dinged up, maybe my urgency changes.

Those top three left tackle prospects intrigue me more.

Oliver is an interior prospect. Dude weighs like 290 pounds.

Hes a freak of nature. But hes also going to go 1 overall and I dont expect at 1 again.

Oliver is an interior prospect. Dude weighs like 290 pounds.

Hes a freak of nature. But hes also going to go 1 overall and I dont expect at 1 again.

I'm with you on that, but I am intrigued by the depth at D Line as well. My way too early prediction is the Browns target one of the top three offensive tackles in the first round - Williams from Bama, Little from Ol Miss, or the under-discussed Adams from Washington. A guy from Wisconsin can rise as well, they churn out offensive tackles.

My way too early prediction is the Browns target one of the top three offensive tackles in the first round

I could see this.

I think the odds are just as good that Corbett ends up as a long-term starter at guard or center as they are him being Joe’s replacement at left tackle.

Except there is, Moz.

Josh’s Allen’s spirit animal, Drew Lock, who is being touted as the top guy in 2019.

You know the drill... 6’4, can fling a pigskin over them there mountains, punishes the air, and is extremely inaccurate. Career 54.5% passer at Mizzou.

Here he is blaming teammates, or “Josh Allening” as the kids call it now.

Lock3-1024x512.jpg

Stay tuned while I look up middle school completion percentage and high school Neo-Nazi tweets.
You never saw Josh Allen ever yell at a teammate. Fact. So my bullshit meter is working overtime. Sad how most of the guys on here didn't want Allen or Mayfield, but you still have to bring up Allen. Allen isn't a Brown, so sit and find a new guy to spread lies about. I am not sure how Mayfield or Allen will do, but each will get their shot eventually. At least Mayfield will have an offensive line to play behind. Allen will be just fine. And I hope Mayfield will be also. I hope neither get thrown in too early, but not likely. And just for ships and giggles, Dan Patrick reported a big time scout has said the kid out of Mizzou is going to be the guy. You guys really do rely on stats way too much. Too many qb's with good stats not playing in NFL. But I suppose you qwill find another state saying some misleading bullshit. That is what you do. Jab and misdirect.

It’s like someone mentions Josh Allen and the dipshit signal goes up in the sky over Wyoming to bring him into this thread spamming disagrees and bringing 2018 prospect talk into the 2019 thread.

Almost positive he said he'd delete his account if Allen wasn't selected, because he was that sure he would be.

Not so Slick. I said I would challenge AZ to a contest. If Allen was picked he would disappear. If Rosen was picked I would disappear. He wouldn't agree. His life would have been meaningless. Hary cary was on his mind. He wouldn't even begin to consider it. I would have honored the deal. I am that kinda guy. Have a good life buddy.

I had to see if AZ had committed suicide or not. It was not. So at least one less funeral to attend this year. So how is the consensus on the draft? I hope Mayfield pans out. I think in some areas he will suprise, in others not as good as expected. But hopefully he helps the Browns win. I am worried about the O line in Buffalo. Not greato from what the posters are saying. Same with the receivers. Their D should be pretty good. I want to see Allen play, but knows it would be best for him if he didn't. It is about 80 - 20 over their as far as fan acceptance. Most realize Rosen wouldn't want to be there, and would more than likely get hurt. And a lot say they think he has peaked out for the most part. What you see is what you get. Not a lot of growth later. Not my opinion, as I really don't know much about him. I did love to see how pissed he was at the draft when they called his name. I figured he and AZ probably looked like twins about then. Lol.

Good luck with the season. Really hoping the Browns are in the playoff talk. This is definitely a team that has to learn how to win. Once they do they have the pieces in place. Listening to the Buffalo fans, they were saying Tyrod was the king of the checkdowns. Pretty much saying he was afraid of interceptions and would not challenge deep. That he would check out of it and throw short passes or hand off. Not much vertical game. They sounded frustrated about it. Take it c or what it is worth. (Before I am done writing, AZ has already pushed his disagree button. Lmfao.)
What's the deal with Nance Jr. looking like a shell of himself? Is he hurt?

Stats are stats. Each one is different. Some are valuable in evaluating a QB's NFL potential. Others are not. For example, I'd never cite a QB's total yards as a reason to draft or not draft him. It's a largely meaningless stat. Obviously you want a QB who is productive, but being productive in college doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL.

Accuracy, however, does translate. If a QB can't hit his receivers in high school or college, what makes anyone think he'd be able to do it in the NFL? You can either throw accurately or you can't.

Time will tell. The Buffalo fans were open minded enough to take all the info into account and then decide. Only a few on here would do that. It doesn't matter, all the qb's will be figured out. Some went to teams that were better than others, so it will not be a 1 or 2 year deal. But desperate fans will not care about that. Buffalo has their defense almost all the way in place. I feel they are quite a ways behind the Browns in the offensive part. It will take 2 or 3 years to get that part serviceable. So Allen will once again be playing for a team that has a lot of holes. That is the fan board saying that. Hopefully they have a good OC.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."