• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Series #14 | Indians @ Detroit | May 14th, 15th, & 16th | *Barebones Edition*

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many wins do the Indians earn?

• 1 win

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • 2 wins

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 3 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Indians being a plain old cesspool are definitely part of it.

The Indians being a plain old cesspool are definitely part of it.
It is really sad they've allowed their bullpen to sink to this level. It has gotten to the point that no lead under about 7 runs is safe. I'm not even asking them to have a strong bullpen. But, can't they have at least a mediocre one?

The amount of pressure is bleeding onto the starting staff, IMO.

Guys feel like they've got to go out and get 7+ innings, and that is no way to approach the game.

But I do feel the loss of Callaway, even if he has been struggling in his own right in New York.

The silver lining, bullpen arms can be had en masse at the deadline, so as we get closer to that, I think they'll be able to get creative and level out the bullpen to rectify the issue.

Honestly, it's only going to take 1-2 guys emerging as a 6th/7th inning guy.

If healthy, Miller and Allen will be fine. Establishing two guys who can handle that 6th and 7th inning will allow guys like Otero, McAllister and Olson to settle into matchup roles as they did last year. Hopefully that will bring them back to center in terms of their historical averages.

The amount of pressure is bleeding onto the starting staff, IMO.

Guys feel like they've got to go out and get 7+ innings, and that is no way to approach the game.

But I do feel the loss of Callaway, even if he has been struggling in his own right in New York.

The silver lining, bullpen arms can be had en masse at the deadline, so as we get closer to that, I think they'll be able to get creative and level out the bullpen to rectify the issue.

Honestly, it's only going to take 1-2 guys emerging as a 6th/7th inning guy.

If healthy, Miller and Allen will be fine. Establishing two guys who can handle that 6th and 7th inning will allow guys like Otero, McAllister and Olson to settle into matchup roles as they did last year. Hopefully that will bring them back to center in terms of their historical averages.

Can this team afford to wait until late July and August to make these moves though? I think they need to find a solid reliever immediately.

The Indians would surely get bent over in any significant they make right now 2 months away from the deadline.

It wasn't cheap for them, but the Yankees trade last year when they got Frazier as well as Robertson & Kahnle really strengthened their bullpen. Would be great to pull off a similar deal for 2+ solid relievers especially knowing we are losing Miller and probably Allen too.

Can this team afford to wait until late July and August to make these moves though? I think they need to find a solid reliever immediately.

Don't really have much choice at this point, honestly.

Many teams aren't willing to deal until the market heats up.

Up 2-0 early.

Does anyone even care anymore?

Up 2-0 early.

Does anyone even care anymore?

I'm watching as I do whenever I can. Hell I was watching the Indians over the annoying ass Cavs last night until the pen and defense blew the game away.

Just haven't been frequenting this section as much this year because the hot takes (mine included sometimes) are just insufferable this season, just like they are on the Cavs board.

I'm watching as I do whenever I can. Hell I was watching the Indians over the annoying ass Cavs last night until the pen and defense blew the game away.

Just haven't been frequenting this section as much this year because the hot takes (mine included sometimes) are just insufferable this season, just like they are on the Cavs board.

I know we all care. I more was referring to, does anyone really think a 2-0 lead in the 2nd inning is gonna last?

I know we all care. I more was referring to, does anyone really think a 2-0 lead in the 2nd inning is gonna last?

Bauer’s pitching pretty well. Might need to go nine innings today though with our pen. :chuckle:

Timely two-out hitting by Kipnis and Perez. Somebody pinch me.

latest

Carl Willis looking at a nice 5-0 lead

That's a nice lead there. Game is over, right?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."