• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NBA Draft - June 21

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
It’s number 8 boys.

1. Phx - Ayton
2. Sac - Doncic
3. Atl - Bagley
4. Mem - JJJ
5. Dal - Bamba
6. Orl - Young
7. Chi - Porter
8. Cle- ???

Not that it matters what the order is before our pick, but every permutation I imagine involves Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Bamba, Porter and JJJ being gone. I guess it’s possible that a team “reaches” unexpectedly but no elite talent will be there. Pretty sure recent success stories like Embiid will embolden a team to take MPJ. Wouldn’t surprise me if he went top 3.

It's Wendell Carter or Mikal Bridges in this scenario, which I am great with.

ESPN's current mock has us with MPJ

I think when it's all said and done, mock drafts where Michael Porter Jr. falls to #8 are going to age VERY poorly.

He's going top 5.

I think when it's all said and done, mock drafts where Michael Porter Jr. falls to #8 are going to age VERY poorly.

He's going top 5.
Well know once he starts to post workout videos. If he demonstrates some lateral movement and explosiveness then people will focus more on his potential than his back. Teams seeing Tatum succeed will drool over porter

Here is the combine schedule according to ESPN. Thursday and Friday scrimmages are on ESPN2 I believe. Not sure the extent of NBA TV's coverage on the weekend.

Schedule and logistics

• Monday and Tuesday: Players arrive. Elite prospects conduct physicals/medical testing. Combine participants are invited to watch NBA draft lottery show.

• Wednesday: Measurements. Medical testing. First batch of NBA team interviews from 2-8 p.m.

• Thursday: Second batch of NBA team interviews (8:30 a.m. to noon). Shooting drills, athletic testing and competitive 5-on-5 scrimmaging (1:45-6:30 p.m.). Elite prospects depart.
  • Friday: Final NBA team interviews (8:30 a.m. to noon). More drills, testing and scrimmages. In the evening: Remaining combine participants meet with players association (NBPA) representatives.

• Saturday: Medical testing. Meeting with NBA player development group and NBPA.

• Sunday: Medical testing.

• Monday: Players depart, many to NBA team facilities for private workouts.

this is nuts lol.

Porzingis and Gobert have an 8'0 wingspan, but 7'10 is still going to force an offense to adapt. Looking forward to hearing his agility testing just as much.

MPJ would be a dream at #8... I've seen to much if him in HS to let an injury plagued short college career change my mind... He won't be there though IMO... Carter Jr and Sexton both have the potentoal to be All-Star caliber players IMO...and Sexton is a bulldog...after seeing the effort this team put forth last night give me a guy like Sexton all day that attacks for 40 minutes on both ends of the court .. personally I think the pick is traded

Ok I'll bite. Not saying I agree or disagree, but why

He's got legitimate superstar potential. Big and strong NBA body already. Great height for a wing. Good athleticism. On his way to becoming very skilled and already has a very solid jumper and decent handles.

He just looks the part of a franchise player if developed properly. That kind of potential can't fall out of the top 5.

And in the unlikely case where he falls for some reason, the Bulls will 100% grab him at 7. Either way he won't be there at 8.

Porzingis and Gobert have an 8'0 wingspan, but 7'10 is still going to force an offense to adapt. Looking forward to hearing his agility testing just as much.

Where did you get this? this is wrong...

Porzingis has a 7'6 wingspan and Gobert has 7'9 wingspan. Bamba will have the longest wingspan in the NBA.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."