• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Minor League Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I am not saying we will trade him, but they will listen to offers for him, but we differ on what we think will happen and thats part of being on a sports forum.

Do you know if Marabell is doing something different this season with his swing or anything like that? I haven't gotten to watch him play much, but once in awhile in spring training the last couple seasons and his OF numbers defensively don't seem to bad.

Yeah, we differ, my opinion is based in reality :chuckle:

No idea what Marabell is doing. I don't think he's worth paying much attention to. He's an organizational guy kind of like Gallas was a few years back.

Reactions: AZ_
"Won't trade him but will listen to offers" basically means he isn't untouchable, which applies to like 90% of the players in the league.

Bradley is hitting .199 in Akron thus far with 7 magnum dongs.

40 SO, 20 BB through 40 games.

Why the fuck would we trade Carrasco? Makes zero sense.

edit: Well, I guess if somebody blew you away, but...

Bradley is hitting .199 in Akron thus far this season with 7 magnum dongs.

40 SO, 20 BB through 40 games.

Really odd that he's doing so poorly while a repeating a level where he already had success.

However, he was hitting .114 less than a month ago, so he has shown signs of coming around.

His BB% is actually up a little this year while the K% is only up a hair. His BABIP is only .220 compared to .287 last year and .293 the season prior, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him get really hot in the near future and make us forget about his early seasons struggles.

Really odd that he's doing so poorly while a repeating a level where he already had success.

However, he was hitting .114 less than a month ago, so he has shown signs of coming around.

His BB% is actually up a little this year while the K% is only up a hair. His BABIP is only .220 compared to .287 last year and .293 the season prior, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him get really hot in the near future and make us forget about his early seasons struggles.

For sure. I won’t check his numbers again until later next month — unless someone happens to post an update or something sooner. I’m not particularly concerned but it’ll definitely be interesting to monitor for the next 30-90 days.

Carrasco is still in the midst of a team-friendly deal that is borderline criminal. He is only traded if the team decides a rebuild is necessary- and then they would get a true ransom. I would expect something close to what they gave up for Miller.

Carrasco is still in the midst of a team-friendly deal that is borderline criminal. He is only traded if the team decides a rebuild is necessary- and then they would get a true ransom. I would expect something close to what they gave up for Miller.

The biggest issue I see in 19 is the fact we are loosing almost our entire bullpen, and most of the projected ABs from our OF, but our budget isn't 100% friendly. We have 87 million or so projected before we do arbitration for Bauer, Lindor, Salazar, Goody (I mean Bauer is likely 7+, Who knows about Lindor, Salazar will be 5 again) so we are looking at 100+ million with the loses of Allen, Miller, Brantley so we don't have a ton of money to spend in free agency. We are going to have to be creative in filling in the holes we lost since we don't have a ton of prospects ready in the spots we need to replace. (I mean the projected OF next season is Zimmer, Allen, Naquin and Guyer. Are the young guys all ready to play everyday?)

I feel we are going to trade Kipnis regardless next season since Diaz, Gonzo are MLB ready in all honesty. I think it is the question mark will we improve with the team now and long term moving a Carrasco/Bauer in 19?

I’m not sold on Yandy. He doesn’t seem to be making the necessary changes in his swing to be an every day guy, and I don’t envision E-Gon as an every day guy either.

However, I do think Yu Chang could be an every day guy in the near future at 3B or 2B.

Will Benson is about to break out. His biggest problem right now is he is unlucky. His ISO and BABIP both show that he has insane power and getting very unlucky right now.

And he is still OPSing .810. That's so good.

Was at the Clippers game today. Thoughts:

-Yandy might not have power but man can he get on base. There's something to be said for a guy that just gets on base, even if it's only singles & walks (he actually had a nice double down the line today). Had a really bad day in the field today with about 3 errors.

-Yu Chang is a player. I expect he'll be in the majors at some point this year, whether it's with the Indians or someone else...

-Mejia is a mess right now. Looks like he's swinging for the fences. I talked to a few stadium workers and they said the same thing. Hopefully he cuts that shit out soon.

-Got to watch some of our favorite washout relievers get crushed today :chuckle:

-Think I missed a Bieber start by one day :(

Was at the Clippers game today. Thoughts:

-Yandy might not have power but man can he get on base. There's something to be said for a guy that just gets on base, even if it's only singles & walks (he actually had a nice double down the line today). Had a really bad day in the field today with about 3 errors.

-Yu Chang is a player. I expect he'll be in the majors at some point this year, whether it's with the Indians or someone else...

-Mejia is a mess right now. Looks like he's swinging for the fences. I talked to a few stadium workers and they said the same thing. Hopefully he cuts that shit out soon.

-Got to watch some of our favorite washout relievers get crushed today :chuckle:

-Think I missed a Bieber start by one day :(

You missed Bieber by multiple days. He pitched Sunday.
I think Chang should move to 3B next season and move JRAM to second (see ya kip).

One would think he's going to start again tomorrow, no?

giphy.gif

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."