• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs vs. Celtics - 2018 Eastern Conference Finals

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will the final result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would be nice if we can finish this series up in the next two games and wcs goes 7. Must win game tonight if we're trying to accomplish that . . .
I think the Cavs just proved at the beginning of this series that a very long lay-off is not good for them and they come out rusty. 3 days off I believe is probably the best for them.

This will be a tough game: Boston is just so different at home. Refs let them get away with a lot more stuff and guys like Smart feed off the crowd.

We have a good shot though and that's all you can ask for: We've pretty much outplayed them for the last 3 years games except post Lebron head injury. I predict Baynes/Horford at some point and hopefully Lue has something up his sleeve for that.

This will be a tough game: Boston is just so different at home. Refs let them get away with a lot more stuff and guys like Smart feed off the crowd.

We have a good shot though and that's all you can ask for: We've pretty much outplayed them for the last 3 years games except post Lebron head injury. I predict Baynes/Horford at some point and hopefully Lue has something up his sleeve for that.
The Cavs have to come out being aggressive and not act defensive ..because Boston will come trying to deliver a knockout punch.
Sometimes the Cavs counter punch until late in the game and cover up but I 'd rather see them come out and start slapping them right away and then body punch them for the rest of the game, meaning be physical and attack them in the paint.

Agreed. With their young team, they are going to be doubting themselves. If we take an early lead we can keep that doubt in their minds all game.

I feel like game 2 got away and was actually very close. The Cavs stopped executing the game plan and Lebron got shaken up. To me it looked like the Cavs had been in control of most of the last 3 games. Celtics will ave to have super hot shooting or the Cavs will have to turn it over a bunch to lose.

Agreed. With their young team, they are going to be doubting themselves. If we take an early lead we can keep that doubt in their minds all game.

Honestly, I don't think they will. They know they are a better team at home than on the road, and the Chowds will be going nuts. I don't think we can count on them folding if things go well for us early. They likely will fight pretty hard the whole way. Heck, they outscored us the last three quarters of the last game, in Cleveland. If they didn't give up on the road, they're not going to do it at home.

There's a danger in us getting a lead, getting complacent, and then them fighting back in the 3rd/4th. We're going to need to play well for 4 quarters to beat them.

I feel like game 2 got away and was actually very close. The Cavs stopped executing the game plan and Lebron got shaken up. To me it looked like the Cavs had been in control of most of the last 3 games. Celtics will ave to have super hot shooting or the Cavs will have to turn it over a bunch to lose.

I totally agree. A couple of things really changed that game IMO.

One was obviously when LeBron took the hit in the jaw. He was totally not the same after that. And it would also not be hard for me to believe that other guys on our team seeing/knowing he's kind of messed up how that would kind of weigh on them and at the same time spur the other team on.

Two was the 11 point lead that turned into a 7 point lead right before the half, it just totally game them the momentum going into the locker room especially with the way most of our 3rd quarters go.

I am just really hoping that we can limit the turnovers tonight. I feel like the team has found ways to limit some of the things that Boston does well (mainly Horford), and we have found ways to pick on them defensively. If we can just clean up the play a little bit I think we will have a great shot to win tonight.

I totally agree. A couple of things really changed that game IMO.

One was obviously when LeBron took the hit in the jaw. He was totally not the same after that. And it would also not be hard for me to believe that other guys on our team seeing/knowing he's kind of messed up how that would kind of weigh on them and at the same time spur the other team on.

Two was the 11 point lead that turned into a 7 point lead right before the half, it just totally game them the momentum going into the locker room especially with the way most of our 3rd quarters go.

I am just really hoping that we can limit the turnovers tonight. I feel like the team has found ways to limit some of the things that Boston does well (mainly Horford), and we have found ways to pick on them defensively. If we can just clean up the play a little bit I think we will have a great shot to win tonight.

Yep. Turnovers are really going to be key. Cavs got away with it in game 4 at home, but they won't have that margin of error in the garden.

My hope is that we run so far away with this game that LeBron gets to rest the entire 2nd half, only to check back in on the last possession for a highlight reel dunk that trammels on Boston's heart and brings that little troll doll-looking pissant Jaylen Brown to his knees.

Yep. Turnovers are really going to be key. Cavs got away with it in game 4 at home, but they won't have that margin of error in the garden.

We have 3 paths to victory:

(1) Make over 15 3s

OR

(2) Have less turnovers and more rebounds than Boston

OR

(3) LeBron scores 40+ and one other player scores 20+

Ppl forget bron was concussed

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."