• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I ask you again, who should we have dealt the pick for?

As bad a look as you think it is for the organization to hedge their bets, it would have been worse if they had panicked and flushed their only asset of value in some futile attempt to salvage what was clearly a lost season.
It's not about the pick it's the fact that we could've had Khris Middleton and Malcolm Brogdon instead. Middleton both would've been the difference in the series being that he's better than Jeff Green in every way, and he's comparable to a measly number 8 pick in trade value

Although we'd have been left with no real way to improve for 2018-19 since we'd already have burned our only remaining asset of significance. That may have made it even harder to convince LBJ to stay than where we are right now.

Not moving the pick was absolutely the best move for the franchise. There was nothing out there to justify moving the pick.

Be patient, draft the BPA, make a pitch to LBJ with the available deals that are present.

If he wants to stay, fantastic. If he wants to go to LA, at least he’s leaving the east.

Personally I think we are still playing in the finals with Walker and Batum.. we win games 1 and 3 IMO and game 4 would have been a whole different ball game... I still believe that going forward too but who knows what LBJ thinks...also Bron doesn't have a broken hand after game 1 either

Although we'd have been left with no real way to improve for 2018-19 since we'd already have burned our only remaining asset of significance. That may have made it even harder to convince LBJ to stay than where we are right now.
We still would have had Love to trade. Cedi too, possibly, if he has value to other teams. I'm fine with withholding judgment until we see what happens during the offseason, though.

Personally I think we are still playing in the finals with Walker and Batum.. we win games 1 and 3 IMO and game 4 would have been a whole different ball game... I still believe that going forward too but who knows what LBJ thinks...also Bron doesn't have a broken hand after game 1 either
You mean if those refs weren't working game one and JR was on the bench.

Yea just having another legit threat to make Curry work might still have us playing. George Hill was no threat at all to Curry. Batum another guy to keep LeBron fresh.

I do agree with @Heej that Middleton/Brogdon/Delly might have done the job. Solidified our backcourt (Delly >>>>> Clarkson) and Middleton is a legit 2 or 3 option.

It wasn't a sexy move though. So Koby probably wanted to make a bigger splash with the Celtics deal. It sounded good (IT and a potential #1 pick)

However, once that hip became an issue that was the moment to not trust Ainge. Cause maybe his scouts know through in division scouting that the Nets are going to be better than projected.

What was the crowd size for their victory parade versus the one the Cavs had? Anybody know?
I saw reports that it was somewhere around 150,000. But if you include the homeless population that lined the parade route I believe it was close to 2.6 million.

God what a toilet that once-beautiful city has become.

The blame game:

It was Gilbert's fault It was Altman's fault It was Lue's fault It was Kyrie's fault
It was JR's fault It was Hill's fault It was TT's fault It was Love's fault
and on and on and on.
Very easy... It was Golden States fault...they are a better team.
Now fix it, or lose Lebron period.

You have to wonder how much the economic impact is weighing on LeBron's head. Him leaving again, even more so than last time, will cost the city of Cleveland and Northeast Ohio for that matter, millions. I think Forbes projects the Cavs franchise alone would lose $300 million in net worth this time around.

Yea just having another legit threat to make Curry work might still have us playing. George Hill was no threat at all to Curry. Batum another guy to keep LeBron fresh.

I do agree with @Heej that Middleton/Brogdon/Delly might have done the job. Solidified our backcourt (Delly >>>>> Clarkson) and Middleton is a legit 2 or 3 option.

It wasn't a sexy move though. So Koby probably wanted to make a bigger splash with the Celtics deal. It sounded good (IT and a potential #1 pick)

However, once that hip became an issue that was the moment to not trust Ainge. Cause maybe his scouts know through in division scouting that the Nets are going to be better than projected.
Man everyone knew the Nets would be decent with the job Atkinson did last year. And then they picked up Jeremy Lin on top of that. We were so fortunate that he happened to injure himself otherwise we're looking at a 10 or 11 pick

It's not about the pick it's the fact that we could've had Khris Middleton and Malcolm Brogdon instead. Middleton both would've been the difference in the series being that he's better than Jeff Green in every way, and he's comparable to a measly number 8 pick in trade value
Um, it is about the pick because with Middleton and Brogdon there is no pick.

You're rehashing the Kyrie trade, which is an entirely separate discussion and one I'm not going to engage you in; @cavsfever oughta be around somewhere.

Howard Beck on the Herd just said GS and Boston are completely off the table. Colin also said he got word from someone in Bron's circle that his wife wants either LA or Cleveland - prefers where they have homes, friends, family, social circle, etc. He also said for LeBron it's purely a basketball decision and he'll have the final say (obviously).

SMFH - fuck LA!

Um, it is about the pick because with Middleton and Brogdon there is no pick.

You're rehashing the Kyrie trade, which is an entirely separate discussion and one I'm not going to engage you in; @cavsfever oughta be around somewhere.
No it's about people saying the Cavs hedged this season and you saying "hurr Durr who could they have traded the pick for??" when in reality there was a better winning route available from the jump.

Howard Beck on the Herd just said GS and Boston are completely off the table. Colin also said he got word from someone in Bron's circle that his wife wants either LA or Cleveland - prefers where they have homes, friends, family, social circle, etc. He also said for LeBron it's purely a basketball decision and he'll have the final say (obviously).

SMFH - fuck LA!

the Mrs. wants either Bath, Ohio or Los Angeles. Oooook

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."