• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Cleveland Browns Off Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
So what’s Donald Stephenson’s issue. He’s already on the bubble and he’s not showing up to camp? Is he contemplating retirement? Just cut him for a camp body that actually goes to camp.
Yeah I don't get it. I mean he's a back up at best, but IIRC, he chose to sign here as a FA. He wasn't traded, so he is voluntarily here.

So what’s Donald Stephenson’s issue. He’s already on the bubble and he’s not showing up to camp? Is he contemplating retirement? Just cut him for a camp body that actually goes to camp.
I think he wants cut. He wants his guaranteed $1 million of the $2.5 million contract. I don't know that he ever intended to play--more just led us astray.

I think the Browns should just fine him all of camp, then cut him. See what you can do about recovering that guaranteed money as well.

I think he wants cut. He wants his guaranteed $1 million of the $2.5 million contract. I don't know that he ever intended to play--more just led us astray.

I think the Browns should just fine him all of camp, then cut him. See what you can do about recovering that guaranteed money as well.

Not saying you are saying it's 100% true - but if he is actually doing that, there has to be some kinda backass Section 1.4 Zone 3 paragraph 5 line 16 that says if a player doesn't participate in shit and plans to collect money and "retire" or what not, we don't have to pay.

And I totally agree with you, fine the shit outta him. I saw on Twitter today actually that in total for the 3 days if a player does not show up to any practices, he can be fined ~$89K

I don’t believe you get paid until you show up. Was that 1M a signing bonus or just guaranteed? If it was just guaranteed then he hasn’t received a penny yet.

I don’t believe you get paid until you show up. Was that 1M a signing bonus or just guaranteed? If it was just guaranteed then he hasn’t received a penny yet.
It was all signing bonus.

He is probably questioning whether or not he wants to put his body through all of the work. The guy had two awful years in Denver but he was a serviceable player in Kansas City. I bet the idea of coming back with a fresh start is easier to buy into in March than June.

I really don’t think he’s as bad as people make him out to be. He’s not number one but he can be a solid number 2 with top end number 2 potential.
Shouldn't a post like this be in EAYOR? ;)

Reactions: Lee
Ok guys Cavs season is over. Can people get back to posting more about the Browns?

I love hearing any details from camp, stories about players’ pasts, off-season developments (particularly on-field ones), etc.

I think our OC has a great set of players who look to be working hard to right the ship. The key is going to be to train Taylor to take and make those downfield shots. That’ll really open things up. We all know offense is about timing and precision, so we will need some games to get it right, but I have a lot of confidence that we will be a mid-tier offense this year.

In defense, these bastards never got a rest last year and have IMO even more to prove than the defense. My concern is that we were only good against the run last year because teams were kicking our asses and went run centric to finish us off. However, the secondary got a talent lift, our LB’s are pretty good, and our young line will have another year of conditioning, seasoning, strength training, and studying.

Generally, depth is really important in the NFL because injuries (including nagging ones) happen all of the time. I feel like we aren’t deep and that’s simply a crapshoot whether or not our key guys can stay on the field.

And to really make things interesting, we need a couple of random late round guys, free agents, or end of roster guys to blow away expectations. Not to mention, those are always the best stories.

I think the biggest question mark right now is Hue. I don’t hate him because we arguably had horrible talent last year, but this shit better come together FAST or he won’t make it through the season. Like if we are 0-4 and have been blown out by 10 in more than 1 of those, I think we see a short leash.

Ok guys Cavs season is over. Can people get back to posting more about the Browns?

I love hearing any details from camp, stories about players’ pasts, off-season developments (particularly on-field ones), etc.

Uhh...Baker likes to drink soda.

Hue Jackson's car...is green.

:conf (11):

You know honestly I changed my mind

I was critical of trading the first pick of the 3rd round for a 1 year rental, but I think I underestimated the leadership portion of it. Listening to the Thomahawk podcast Baker seems to really be making the most of the opportunity to learn from Tyrod. Then hearing he is the first one in the building, last to leave. This team has needed leadership at the QB position for the last 20 years. Glad we got Tyrod

You know honestly I changed my mind

I was critical of trading the first pick of the 3rd round for a 1 year rental, but I think I underestimated the leadership portion of it. Listening to the Thomahawk podcast Baker seems to really be making the most of the opportunity to learn from Tyrod. Then hearing he is the first one in the building, last to leave. This team has needed leadership at the QB position for the last 20 years. Glad we got Tyrod

I keep saying dont sleep on Tyrod. With better receivers and a more pass friendly offense, he can be a 4k yard QB.

We could actually have an issue where he has a great season and we franchise him with all the extra cap space and have a Brees vs Rivers type situation. It would be a great problem to have.

A veteran QB who owns the leadership role, even for 1 year, when you have a rookie coming into a rudderless QB room is worth more than the gamble of another rookie trying to find his way in the NFL.

Tyrod Taylor is a top 20 QB. We haven't had a top 30 QB in three decades.

I wasn't a Baker guy, but I like what I have heard. I feel confident in our QB situation finally.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."