• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Cleveland Browns Off Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Any insight into why Greg Robinson turned into a bust? #2 overall pick ffs

He was one of those OL that was supposed to be a surefire HoF'er coming out...has it been injuries or work ethic or shitty technique or what?

Like b00bie said, he’s been hot garbage since he came into the league. You’re essentially hoping that he’s capable of learning how to play because physically, he’s a stud.

Graded out as one of the worst/most penalized tackles pretty much every year he has played and has been with 3 teams now so I’m not holding my breath.

There were a few red flags, but overall, the guy looked like an absolute monster in college. Just rag dolled SEC D-linemen like a grizzly bear.

There were a few red flags, but overall, the guy looked like an absolute monster in college. Just rag dolled SEC D-linemen like a grizzly bear.

This is why, with their offensive system the last few years, you just can’t trust a tackle out of Auburn early in the draft. There's too much unknown.

They get very little pass blocking experience. Their left tackle is basically playing guard his whole career.

Greg Robinson spent so much time run blocking for Nick Marshall. Shon Coleman, more of the same. He was a massive project from a pass-blocking standpoint.

Coaches often say “give me a mauler with good feet, I’ll teach him to pass block.”

Sure. The issue is, most players get a little more experience in college against talented edge rushers. These guys are starting out behind entering the NFL.

Coleman, entering his 3rd year, has hopefully made more strides from a technique standpoint working with Joe.

Greg Robinson never made any.

Last edited:
Now that he is suspended...I don't think you can cut him until his suspension is up.

That just can't be the case... Getting suspended automatically puts him on the 53 man roster? I'd be ODB every offseason.

They are not on the 53 if they are suspended...you can use that spot for another player to have 53 active.
Once they come off suspension, then you have to release one or release them.

Maybe they plan to insert Joe Thomas' brain into this guys body. Or if Thomas balks at that idea, maybe Joe would at least be agreeable to coaching the dude up?

Maybe they plan to insert Joe Thomas' brain into this guys body. Or if Thomas balks at that idea, maybe Joe would at least be agreeable to coaching the dude up?

something tells me after two organizations have given up on him, that he doesn't have the effort/attitude needed to succeed in the NFL.

I got stupidly bored and did something out of curiosity.

Based on the SBNation "Browns are in Hell" video? I tried to figure out what match ups and against who the Browns were featured in during the Super Bowl, Monday Night Football era of the sport. (and for the record when I say "Nationally relevant" I mean't shown on network television and nationally broadcast. So ABC, NBC games "count". ESPN, TNT games do not "count")

1.) The moment where the Browns were the most "Relevant" in the national conversation during this time was indeed the 1986 to 1989 time period.

86- Two Nationally televised games (Dolphins, Bengals), Two playoff games (Jets, Broncos)
87- One Nationally televised game (Rams), Two playoff games (Colts, Broncos) (One MNF was cancelled against the Broncos)
88-Three Nationally televised games (Colts, Oilers, Dolphins). One playoff game (Oilers)
89-Two Nationally televised games (Bengals, Bears), Two playoff games (Bills, Broncos)

2.) Apparently our "big matchup" from 1970 to present have been

1.) The Dolphins (72, 85 Playoffs, 73, 86, 88, 92 MNF)= 6 times
2.) Steelers (94, 02 Playoffs, 85, 95 MNF, 08 SNF)= 5 times
Bengals (82, 83, 86, 89, 90 MNF)
Oilers (88 Playoffs, 72, 80, 81, 88 MNF)
Broncos (86, 87, 89 Playoffs, 84, 90 MNF)

Got something small this weekend. Tampa Bay was the only team to call about the 4th spot. Browns wanted a 2nd this year and next, along with swapping spots in the first. They didn’t hear from anyone, put the pick in. Then Tampa called and said they’ll do the deal. They were trying to trade up for Denzel.

Got something small this weekend. Tampa Bay was the only team to call about the 4th spot. Browns wanted a 2nd this year and next, along with swapping spots in the first. They didn’t hear from anyone, put the pick in. Then Tampa called and said they’ll do the deal. They were trying to trade up for Denzel.
Great information.

So, a prime example of where staying put and taking our guy paid off--because we'd have lost him.

Great information.

So, a prime example of where staying put and taking our guy paid off--because we'd have lost him.

Exactly.

We wanted Ward > Chubb.

If we happened to trade with TB, that would have turned into (hypothetical):

1st - Our pick of: Davenport? Kolton Miller? Derwin James? Jaire Alexander?

2nd - Josh Jackson? Harold Landry? Courtland Sutton?

We of course have no idea how they would have drafted if we did that, and "hypothetically" getting a combo of those players would have been nice, but Ward is a freak athlete and a lockdown corner that was respected by a lot of people other than the "NO CHUBB?? FUCK OFF. #TANK19" people. He was also a big need. If Ward turns out to be a Lattimore type player, we have our lockdown #1 CB for 5 years.

That would have been a nice swap of picks if we could have landed all of that, but I am happy with the Ward pick.

Plus, it can't hurt that he is going to be going up against freakin' Gordon everyday in practice.

Does anyone know what our cap space situation is like after this off-season?

Does anyone know what our cap space situation is like after this off-season?
giphy.gif

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."