• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
DgGy75XV4AA2Zyf.jpg
This is from last year. Not the recent meeting.

Watching all these LeThanos trailers on YouTube moments ago sure is depressing.

We win game 1 we win the series I’m fully confident in that.

I want Lebron to beat these pricks out west but I want him doing it in a Cleveland jersey. Just won’t seem right if he does it wearing anything else.

I’m praying for a miracle that I know won’t happen that Lebron stays and we somehow retool with enough fire power to beatbox GS next year.

I don’t ever wish injury on folks but it sure would have been nice if Klay stayed down in game 1...
If games 2 or 4 were any indications, no we wouldn't have.
Whats really unique about GSW is not only do they have the talent, but they have a great system in place.
Cavs have to add talent, and actually have some form of a system where we can generate good looks. Cavs have done it sporadically, but it's something that needs to be worked on.

I am starting to believe we can pull this off.

Playing in cleveland suits kawhi's personality. Lebron will take all the lime light. Humungous public pressure if kawhi goes to lakers which i dont think he wants

Whats really unique about GSW is not only do they have the talent, but they have a great system in place.
Cavs have to add talent, and actually have some form of a system where we can generate good looks. Cavs have done it sporadically, but it's something that needs to be worked on.

Game 4 we simply quit. We win game 3 lose game 4 we’re 2-2 heading back to GS

Nah, Bron had a fucked up hand. A full power LeBron and confident Cavs team vs a shaken GS is a different story. They were vulnerable this year and we hedged.

I don’t know if we win series or not, but the blueprint was to win GM 1. Cavs, and especially LeBron, came out with mindset of jumping on GSW and stealing that first game. The Cavs had an extra day of rest, an extra day of scouting, GS was severely banged up........and we won. Until we didn’t.

LeBron punching the whiteboard wasn’t about JR Smith. It was about the officials ruining the series. Game 1 killed the Cavs spirit.

I said it after game 1. We’d have been better off losing by 20, than the way we did where the refs gave every call imaginable to GS in the 4th Q and OT to seal that win. LeBron’s clean steal of KD that was called a foul. KeVon Looney raking LeBron across arm leading to TO and an open dunk on other end. The block/charge foul. The non-called lane violation. George Hills clean strip of KD first possession of OT.

I mean....just all of it. It killed any hope this team had. And it manifested in LeBron going Mike Tyson on a blackboard. Games 2 - 4 were just semantics after game 1.

I have a slightly different take on that series but it's just my opinion. The refs screwed us big but from the end of the 4th quarter of game 1 (which we should have won) to the end of game 4, the Warriors made some key adjustments we couldn't handle.

By the end of game 1 they were forcing switches and spamming the Curry on Love action with some success. This continued into game 2 where we started trapping to avoid the switch. They saw it coming and had those slip screens ready to go. Also ran plays to find Javale camped under the rim. Basic plays we were never able to counter that gave GS easy points each and every time they needed it from games 2 to 4. Why we never seemed to get a stop after game 1 and why Barkley said he'd never seen a dumber team. We were getting toyed on by the same plays.

There's a reason our defense looked so incompetent after game one and it wasn't only because the refs demoralised us.

If LeBron stays I hope we stock up on guys who can defend with their head on a swivel because this lot are no good

Last edited:

Playing in cleveland suits kawhi's personality. Lebron will take all the lime light. Humungous public pressure if kawhi goes to lakers which i dont think he wants

I agree with this but I think Kawhi wants to get the notoriety that a top 5 player in the league should get. I think that's why he wants to go to LA. He wants the sponsorship and ads that top players in the NBA gets.

If you think about Kawhi, he might be the most unrecognizable top 20-30 star in the NBA. Does he even have a signature shoe? He is rarely in ads. Playing along side LeBron he will get those things that he thinks he will get playing in LA without the pressure from the media.

Kyrie and Love both have had large ad campaigns centered around them. They will quickly roll in for Kawhi if he teams up with LeBron.

For reference, Kawhi is only getting paid 500k for his Jordan brand endorsement. They offered him 4 years at 20 million total for his next deal but that deal has stalled. Westbrook gets paid twice that under the same Jordan brands.

Last edited:

He wants to go to LA, he is making it known he does. If he comes here, it will be for one year. We really have no idea how bad his injury was or if it can re-occur. Yet people are willing to trade every asset we have for him. I do not get it.
If we are going to trade everything we got, I rather see if we can land both Kemba and McCollum in separate deals.

Just not sure we have enough

He wants to go to LA, he is making it known he does. If he comes here, it will be for one year. We really have no idea how bad his injury was or if it can re-occur. Yet people are willing to trade every asset we have for him. I do not get it.
If we are going to trade everything we got, I rather see if we can land both Kemba and McCollum in separate deals.

Just not sure we have enough

I've thought about Kemba and McCollum but it would mean giving up Love while getting alot smaller. That isn't a team built to go against the warriors.

I truly believe that Kawhi and his team just want the endorsements and notoriety that a top player in the NBA should get. The urge to go to LA will go out the window when the endorsements start rolling in with a new LeBron superteam. LeBron will get the ball rolling by having a Nike ad with Kawhi.

It’s between Cavs and Philly. Houston would have to gut their team. I think with Kawhi saying he’ll sign in LA next year this helps Philly and maybe Bos too. They now can offer much less for a 1 year rental. Either way LeBron stays with Cleveland or goes to my hometown team I think. If Kawhi goes to Philly then he might come here. Philly could offer Cov+26 pick now. No way should any team put a lottery pick on the table for a 1 year rental. Filler+8 could do it too but Kawhi could realistically walk next year

It’s between Cavs and Philly. Houston would have to gut their team. I think with Kawhi saying he’ll sign in LA next year this helps Philly and maybe Bos too. They now can offer much less for a 1 year rental. Either way LeBron stays with Cleveland or goes to my hometown team I think. If Kawhi goes to Philly then he might come here. Philly could offer Cov+26 pick now. No way should any team put a lottery pick on the table for a 1 year rental. Filler+8 could do it too but Kawhi could realistically walk next year

he would walk, he said he wants to be in LA.
Keep #8 and draft best available. I am not for trading all of our assets for one more year of Lebron.
I like the idea of using Love to then go after McCollum who would improve us for next year and under control for a couple years.
Then use expirings of JR, Korver, or trade Hill, or use the mid-level to replace Love

Also throw in more time for cedi and zizic...that is a better team than we had last year and we dont gut ourselves for when LBJ leaves

he would walk, he said he wants to be in LA.
Keep #8 and draft best available. I am not for trading all of our assets for one more year of Lebron.
I like the idea of using Love to then go after McCollum who would improve us for next year and under control for a couple years.
Then use expirings of JR, Korver, or trade Hill, or use the mid-level to replace Love

Also throw in more time for cedi and zizic...that is a better team than we had last year and we dont gut ourselves for when LBJ leaves
Cedi has to start next year. Fundamentally a great player...will grow into a solid started if given the opportunity

Cedi has to start next year. Fundamentally a great player...will grow into a solid started if given the opportunity
if we trade #8 & cedi for a one year rental we will regret it for years. There is nothing we can add that is going to put us over GS
Not even Leonard who would be a player that really wouldnt want to be here and is coming off a injury that no one knows much about

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."