• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Just finished Far Cry 5, and I’m almost done with Assassins Creed Origins.

Awesome games from UbiSoft. Can’t wait for the next installments.

Just finished Far Cry 5, and I’m almost done with Assassins Creed Origins.

Awesome games from UbiSoft. Can’t wait for the next installments.

Skipped Origins, but I think I'm all in on Odyssey. Looks beautiful.

AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. That said, I'm a tad nervous about this RPG path they took the series down and that's partly why I didn't get Origins. Is there still the satisfaction of assassinating and one-shotting bad guys? I see videos of Bayek impaling dudes and they fall down...then get back up. Cuz, RPG mechanics.

But Odyssey I just can't resist and I figure they will have fine-tuned it enough with the second game with all the new mechanics and systems they are using, to where I am willing to give it a shot.

AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. That said, I'm a tad nervous about this RPG path they took the series down and that's partly why I didn't get Origins. Is there still the satisfaction of assassinating and one-shotting bad guys? I see videos of Bayek impaling dudes and they fall down...then get back up. Cuz, RPG mechanics.

But Odyssey I just can't resist and I figure they will have fine-tuned it enough with the second game with all the new mechanics and systems they are using, to where I am willing to give it a shot.

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to, but is that so far fetch really? lol .

But one thing I really love in this game is using the eagle to scout and tag all the enemies in a fort/area and then slowly infiltrate quietly the entire area with bows and arrows with one-shots to the head.

Like this video, but minus the slow motion arrow control. I just let it fly:
https://youtu.be/99OvpJRQPFk

I am not exactly sure what you are referring to, but is that so far fetch really? lol .

But one thing I really love in this game is using the eagle to scout and tag all the enemies in a fort/area and then slowly infiltrate quietly the entire area with bows and arrows with one-shots to the head.

Like this video, but minus the slow motion arrow control. I just let it fly:
https://youtu.be/99OvpJRQPFk

I’ve seen finishers where they stab dudes in the chest and a buncha numbers just pop up and they keep fighting. Presuming he wasnt high enough DPS or level or whatever. Hard to explain.

In like AC2 iirc you could kill guys instantly.

After Witcher 3, I think these guys deserve the benefit of the doubt on anything they make until they prove us wrong. When you make a GOAT game, you get that kind of respect.

You can find a bunch of writeups online about a behind the scenes demo that CDPR showed the media, but basically everyone was absolutely blown away and they showed things that you haven't seen anywhere else. Lots of stuff you'd expect from CDPR like branching storylines and a ton of new combat tweaks that you've never seen before. Bullets that ricochet off walls, implants that change your GUI and allow you to see different things, drugs that change sensory perception like slowing down time, mantis blades that can come out of your arms and help you climb walls and rip up enemies in close combat...

They also stressed verticality and people were commenting how every floor of a high-rise seemed so alive, like there were people to talk to and quests and stories to discover. Basically, CDPR can do no wrong in my book until they release a sub-par game.

You can find a bunch of writeups online about a behind the scenes demo that CDPR showed the media, but basically everyone was absolutely blown away and they showed things that you haven't seen anywhere else. Lots of stuff you'd expect from CDPR like branching storylines and a ton of new combat tweaks that you've never seen before. Bullets that ricochet off walls, implants that change your GUI and allow you to see different things, drugs that change sensory perception like slowing down time, mantis blades that can come out of your arms and help you climb walls and rip up enemies in close combat...

They also stressed verticality and people were commenting how every floor of a high-rise seemed so alive, like there were people to talk to and quests and stories to discover. Basically, CDPR can do no wrong in my book until they release a sub-par game.

Hell man, I've been spending time with the Gwent stand alone, which was made by CDPR's B team. LOVE it, super addicting once you get a deck that's fun to play and the mechanics click. Just wish I had more time to game, I've gotten close to Grand Master with a high win rate but don't have the time to grind up to pro ladder with seasons only lasting a month. Plus the game is getting a massive over haul + expansion in October. My first CCG and loving it.

Only complaint I heard was the driving looked pretty mediocre at best.

Game is definitely early 2019 at the earliest, probably more like mid to late 2019, so they have a shit ton of time to fix it.

Also, I'm a bit late to the game but I bought God of War and just beat it. Easily one of the best games I've ever played and it's in TLoU tier right below the Witcher 3 for me. So many amazing story moments in the game, and the first fight with The Stranger is better directed than any action sequence in any Marvel movie so far. Just unbelievable quality and everything is so polished.

Also, I'm a bit late to the game but I bought God of War and just beat it. Easily one of the best games I've ever played and it's in TLoU tier right below the Witcher 3 for me. So many amazing story moments in the game, and the first fight with The Stranger is better directed than any action sequence in any Marvel movie so far. Just unbelievable quality and everything is so polished.

I think I posted somewhere on here that the Witcher 3 and GoW are like 1a,1b for me. Hard to decide.

So I agree 100% with your entire post. lol

I think I posted somewhere on here that the Witcher 3 and GoW are like 1a,1b for me. Hard to decide.

So I agree 100% with your entire post. lol

What makes the Witcher 3 the GOAT for me is the sheer ambition of the game. The game wasn't nearly as polished as something like GoW; there were a ton of bugs, combat wasn't nearly as good... But there's no other game where I could wander into any little random town and get a fascinating story about the world I'm exploring. Between the fantastic writing and creativity of the team, no other open world has felt so alive and independent of whatever you're doing. Compare that to all the Elder Scrolls games where everyone basically exists to give you quests.

What makes the Witcher 3 the GOAT for me is the sheer ambition of the game. The game wasn't nearly as polished as something like GoW; there were a ton of bugs, combat wasn't nearly as good... But there's no other game where I could wander into any little random town and get a fascinating story about the world I'm exploring. Between the fantastic writing and creativity of the team, no other open world has felt so alive and independent of whatever you're doing. Compare that to all the Elder Scrolls games where everyone basically exists to give you quests.

The Witcher 3 was so damn great, that each of its two DLCs were better than 95%+ of standalone games out there. Which is crazy when you think about it.
Also, Loved how Gwent was its own thing inside the game. Game was just so deep. The feel of the game was truly like playing a “Fairytale”.

Fucking Witcher 3 man.

We still talking about that in here? Fuck it, it's deserved. GOAT for me, as well. I have a lot of other games I love but I'm not sure any even come close to it. Maybe the original Deus Ex.

Game was already my favorite of all time after I beat the base game. THEN a year later I dove into the DLCs, as I chronicled on here, and just continued to be blown away. The final shot of Blood and Wine is my last memory of The Witcher 3:

Geralt and Regis huddled around the fire shooting the shit: "So we shall, my friend. We have witnessed- and in fact on several occasions incited- many great and weighty events. After all that toil, I believe we deserve a bit of a rest."

"That we do."

And somehow, it was the most fucking perfect last memory of the game that I could have asked for. No doubt, I'll probably go back and play it through again at some point. Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, that was just so textbook perfect when that logo popped up I just sat back in my chair and wondered if this game would ever be topped for me.

For anyone who follows Blizzard esports....

Endemic just picked up Gale Force's old Heroes of the Storm roster, and they announced it today with the team playing with Paul George :chuckle:

Don't know who plays here other than @Chris , but still kinda fun, if not cheesy, crossover.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."