• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I don’t agree that Lebron wasn’t “happy” in Cleveland. The raw emotion he displayed while in the Cavs uniform was too authentic. He NEVER displayed this level of emotion in Miami. At least not during the regular season/post season. Just look at the emotion after the Celtics series this year (notably after the ‘and 1 layup’ in game 7). Look at the emotion in the Raptors series.

I think this is what hurts me the most. I think he truly wanted to continue winning in Cleveland but knew it was hopeless. At that point he might as well lose where his family is happy and wants to be and where his businesses can start to flourish.

Just like I did in 2010, I do believe he’ll find his way back here. This time it won’t be in his prime and more to the end of his career.

Man as I type this, this really sucks. It really does...

Bingo. I remember reading on, I think, rgm that Heat fans "wished they'd seen the signs" that Bron wasn't interested in staying there because of some of his body language, and how he showed no interest in Cuban-American culture or at all learning Spanish when he was there.

Likewise, it's really fitting that "Whatever It Takes" became our song because of, with Kyrie gone, Bron really put in his arguably best season and played his heart out putting his team on his back, while it would've been easy to do what many teams did and "wait for the fall of man" i.e. tanking/retooling until GS declined.

It took me a while to like Imagine Dragons but it's nice to see them be basically CLE's and, with the Thunder song, OKC's official band - even though the band consists of Mormons from Utah Jazz country. :)

I think he was happy, and I think he likes the region.

I think he's a confused, weird dude at times though. He's not a Bernie Kosar type. He's a different type of guy.

I can tell "leaving" wasn't something he was exactly thrilled with. Every press conference and leaving the arena was kind of a "sad" thing for him, more than it was a "Fuck y'all" thing that has happened in years past.

He'll accomplish a lot out there with his business side and I can see his kids doing well. But I am really struggling to see him enjoying the basketball side at the moment

I honestly think he went all out, balls to the wall this past season for the fans here in Cleveland because he knew he was going no matter what and he wanted to give us his best basketball for the last time. he did show raw emotion throughout the playoffs towards the fans that i've never seen before. he had a connection with us. in one of his post game interviews on the court at home (i think after that buzzer beater against Toronto) he said about the fans "they know me" as if we were family in a sense. i wish i could find the clip but it was pure genuine to me. For that, i'll forever appreciate what he did for us. although the regular season was a shit show, what he did in the playoffs was legendary. just wish it ended with a championship.

I dont see him going all out in a Laker uni like he did last season. but we'll see.

I dont see him going all out in a Laker uni like he did last season. but we'll see.

Maybe not in the regular season, but in the playoffs he’ll be the Lion he always is. Come post season, the color of his jersey won’t matter...he’s a competitor and will be fueled by the opportunity to win.

Maybe not in the regular season, but in the playoffs he’ll be the Lion he always is. Come post season, the color of his jersey won’t matter...he’s a competitor and will be fueled by the opportunity to win.

That’s nice and all but his team will get dismantled in the western conference playoffs, he chose location lifestyle movies and money over winning championships

I agree that Lebron chose lifestyle and location over basketball in picking the Lakers...was very disappointing to me that he left us...but I also think a lot of people are going to get a reminder this season of how truly great he is. Lakers do have some young talent for him to work with. (Even though their vet signings this year have to make you wonder, seems like he has gone from one incompetent front office to another).

It’s indeed going to be an interesting season of NBA basketball.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."