• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Basketball Recruiting

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Time to breathe some life back into this thread. Two big commitments in the last few days, one from a D-I transfer (C.J. Walker) and one from a 2019 prospect (Alonzo Gaffney).

Walker is a point guard transferring in from Florida State. He'll be required to sit out the 2018-19 season, but he should provide a steady presence a the point guard position after C.J. Jackson graduates.

Gaffney is a local kid (started HS at VASJ, transferred to Garfield Heights) and a consensus five star and top 20 player in the 2019 class.

Time to breathe some life back into this thread. Two big commitments in the last few days, one from a D-I transfer (C.J. Walker) and one from a 2019 prospect (Alonzo Gaffney).

Walker is a point guard transferring in from Florida State. He'll be required to sit out the 2018-19 season, but he should provide a steady presence a the point guard position after C.J. Jackson graduates.

Gaffney is a local kid (started HS at VASJ, transferred to Garfield Heights) and a consensus five star and top 20 player in the 2019 class.

Word on the street as of a couple weeks ago is that Gaffney may be going to a prep school this year.

He could still end up in the class of 2019, but with the extra year allowed at prep schools, he might end up in 2020 when it's all said and done. I'd still bet on 2019, but something to keep an eye on.

Word on the street as of a couple weeks ago is that Gaffney may be going to a prep school this year.

He could still end up in the class of 2019, but with the extra year allowed at prep schools, he might end up in 2020 when it's all said and done. I'd still bet on 2019, but something to keep an eye on.

I'm hearing he's heading to a Connecticut prep school for the upcoming season.

Big time get for Holtmann and Co. Carton is a composite five star PG.

View: https://twitter.com/DJCarton/status/1018211848330588160

And best of all, Carton is recruiting E.J. Liddell, whom we’ve already put a ton of work in on.

Only has one official lined up, Ohio State football opening weekend.

Book this one.

Similar to Carton, a guy sky-rocketing recruiting rankings.

By the time he commits, likely to be in the Top 30 as a bouncy 6’8 PF/C prospect.

I say “book this one” because the signs and CB’s are there.

But Duke recently gained interest, so.... let’s hope that never gets off the floor.

Not sure where else to put this.....

Went to TBT at Capital University in Cbus the last couple days. Awesome to see Craft, Sully, Lighty, Diebs, Willy B, etc... in the scarlet and gray again. The place only holds 3,000 people, but the atmosphere was better than any game I attended at the Schott last year. Really wish Buckeyes played in St. John’s or a smaller venue all the time.

Last edited:
Program pulled in the final of their three big targets in four star Illinois combo forward E.J. Liddell. He was Gatorade Player of the Year in Illinois as a junior and ranks as a top 50 player nationally. Great get for Chris Holtmann and company.

It's real nice getting good recruits again.

Can't wait to see what Holtmann builds this program into.

Holtmann is doing a hell of a job.

Holtmann and company secured a commitment from Cal transfer Justice Sueing. Combo forward who averaged 14 points and 6 boards last year. He’s a traditional transfer so he’ll be sitting out next year then be eligible for the 2020-21 season. Two years of eligibility are left.

OSU also has Keon Johnson, a top 30 player in the 2020 class on campus for an official today. This is the last of his five junior year officials (previously visited Vandy, Tennessee, Auburn and Virginia). He could be one to watch closely due to his relationship with new OSU assistant Jake Diebler. Johnson told Rivals that if Jerry Stackhouse did not retain Diebler at Vandy, they would have to start from square one with his recruitment.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."