• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Golden State Warriors Era

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Douchiest team I’ve ever seen in any sport.

That said...

They play the game the way it should be played. They are incredibly well coached. Their entire organization has been first class since Lacob took over.

The doucheyness rightfully distracts from the paragraph above, but as an organization, they’ve made great decisions that have coincided with a couple huge breaks (pun intended) in Curry’s ankles and the salary cap spike.

About to add 41% three point shooter Jonas Jerebko for the vet min.

Just curious, how many players are there on this fucking team that can’t shoot?

About to add 41% three point shooter Jonas Jerebko for the vet min.

Just curious, how many players are there on this fucking team that can’t shoot?

Actually, they had two weaknesses last year: defensive rebounding (25th in the league) and not enough shooters (only had the the three and Nick Young).

If Cousins can play and rebound the way he has in the past (top 5 defensive rebounder), he fixes one problem although not sure if he plays in their death lineup.

The Warriors were only 10 in three point attempt rate last year because they didn’t have any bench shooters. Jerebko should help with that.

Who knows how Cousins heals, but I know for sure a decent defender like Jerebko who can shoot will help them win games. The Warriors simply make no bad moves and evennbad moves on paper turn into fucking gold for them.

Meanwhile, we draft midgets and give Jeff Green 45 minutes per game.

Actually, they had two weaknesses last year: defensive rebounding (25th in the league) and not enough shooters (only had the the three and Nick Young).

If Cousins can play and rebound the way he has in the past (top 5 defensive rebounder), he fixes one problem although not sure if he plays in their death lineup.

The Warriors were only 10 in three point attempt rate last year because they didn’t have any bench shooters. Jerebko should help with that.

Who knows how Cousins heals, but I know for sure a decent defender like Jerebko who can shoot will help them win games. The Warriors simply make no bad moves and evennbad moves on paper turn into fucking gold for them.

Meanwhile, we draft midgets and give Jeff Green 45 minutes per game.

Without Jeff Green the cavs don't make the finals, so you can leave your Jeff green slander at the door, thank you very much....

Beat an injury-riddled team in 2015.

Collapsed in the biggest way possible in the NBA Finals in 2016 after going 73-9.

Added the second best player in the league to a 73 win championship contending squad to make sure they never lost again.

Team drafted well, I’ll definitely agree, but they lucked out with KD being a bitch, they lucked out with Boogie being a bitch, and they’ve had supreme luck in terms of opponent’s injuries in the postseason.

tl;dr - fuck these clowns

They get each other in on these tech startups. They will stay together

You know what would improve competitive balance?

If 28 league owners would fucking quit and stop getting bent over by the 4 good owners in the NBA. Maybe more stars would stay on their team their whole career if ownership didn’t openly treat them like assets without feelings, and owners actually went all out to surround stars with great players

I think what gets understated, if maybe just people don't know how to say it, is no matter how much Dubheads argue "you didn't get tired of the Bulls, we used to suck, everyone has the same rules, we're not really unfair because Houston almost beat us, the Heatles/Lakers superteams were the same thing, why do only they get to superteam waaaaaaaah," a serious problem is that it is so unlikely that an end is within sight for them given that most of the core is still in its prime and not too far into it, and there are minimal signs of team friction.

With the Heat everyone knew that Wade's game wouldn't age too well, and that whatever was going to happen at the end of Bron's 4-year contract, he always marched to the beat of his own drummer; likewise, the Kobe-Shaq feud and Shaq's first signs of decline made their long term unsustainable. Jordan, well, he retired once already when he had racked up his 5th and 6th rings, not to mention that a team in Illinois is naturally going to have more everytown-USA fan appeal than a team in the Bay.

Last edited:
I think what gets understated, if maybe just people don't know how to say it, is no matter how much Dubheads argue "you didn't get tired of the Bulls, we used to suck, everyone has the same rules, we're not really unfair because Houston almost beat us, the Heatles/Lakers superteams were the same thing, why do only they get to superteam waaaaaaaah," a serious problem is that it is so unlikely that an end is within sight for them given that most of the core is still in its prime and not too far into it, and there are minimal signs of team friction.

With the Heat everyone knew that Wade's game wouldn't age too well, and that whatever was going to happen at the end of Bron's 4-year contract, he always marched to the beat of his own drummer; likewise, the Kobe-Shaq feud and Shaq's first signs of decline made their long term unsustainable. Jordan, well, he retired once already when he had racked up his 5th and 6th rings, not to mention that a team in Illinois is naturally going to have more everytown-USA fan appeal than a team in the Bay.

LOL. "You didn't get tired of the Bulls."

if that ain't the biggest lie. Cheese Eyes Jordan and the Bulls were my most disliked team in that era. Every year, it was those dillweeds. Found myself rooting for the Knicks in the playoffs when the Cavs weren't in it to keep them out.

Equal parts respect and hate.

I respect what they built.

By 2015 they had built THE new power in the West through the draft and one key laudable free agent signing-Kevin Durant.

The preached and implemented a system through Kerr and Draymond that valued constant defensive intensity, switching, length, great shooting, passing, and a lot of selflessness.

However the Durant signing pretty much upped my hate for them.

They play a crappier version of the basketball they played in 2015 and 2016 and they are maybe twice as hard to defeat simply because they can dump it to Durant for a one on one indefensible shot every time.

They now look like they can’t be bothered with playing much team offense half of the time. They fall asleep for a lot of the game, play ten minutes of decent basketball, and the game is basically decided in their favor.

Or they can ride a Curry miracle run, although occurring less frequently over the years, to a big lead.

I thought their 2018 title was arguably the most soulless title in the history of the game-right up there with the lakers of 2001-2002 defeating two joke school eastern conference teams in the guise of the 76ers and Nets respectively.

Those Lakers teams and the present version of the warriors don’t really do that much to win outside of simply having so much more raw talent than the opposition.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."