• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Trade Deadline

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Hand isn’t a good as Miller when we got him, but the team control is the same, and he is still very very good.

So, here’s what Miller cost.

Sheffield was 81st and in A+
Frazier was 44th and just promoted to AAA

Then we have plenty of prospects on the Heller/Feyeresian level

Last edited:
With this, do you mean that an amicable offer was presented, but not agreed upon, or do you mean the Indians just missed the boat on a attainable player?

Whatever the case may be, they're out on Machado.

I don't think they're going to give up Mejia or McKenzie or Bieber for anyone.

Quite frankly, they NEED Mejia in 2019 when Brantley leaves as a free agent. You almost HAVE to keep him around.

I still wouldn't count out Philadelphia, but I think they'll announce this tomorrow after the All-Star game.

Not sure they want to take the exposure away, but it could leak during the game too.

For Hand?

That's an absurd price.

He's been on the trade block for I think a year now and every time he's mentioned it's also mentioned that the Padres want a ton for him.

To play devil's advocate from their perspective, he is very good is signed to a team friendly deal for up to 3.5 years

Gonna be depressing losing Brant when we were robbed by injuries for 2 years from watching him contribute on a contender.

Indians will get tons of flack for getting worse that day. Especially when Jose and Lindor are the greatest and deserve all the quality help out there.

Brantley is busting his ass for a reason though. $$$

Gonna be depressing losing Brant when we were robbed by injuries for 2 years from watching him contribute on a contender.

Indians will get tons of flack for getting worse that day. Especially when Jose and Lindor are the greatest and deserve all the quality help out there.

Brantley is busting his ass for a reason though. $$$

With what Brantley is giving this team you can always replace it next year. I have at least some faith in the Indians to find a relative suitable replacement

In 2019 right now, you're looking at a set lineup of:

C - Gomes / Perez
1B - EE / Alonso
2B - Kipnis
SS - Lindor
3B - Ramirez
LF - Mejia
CF - Zimmer / Allen
RF - Naquin (Guyer team option)

Erik Gonzalez, Yandy Diaz, Mike Papi

Hard to justify a bat like Mejia being traded for two months of anyone, especially given the lack of a long-term solution.

Based off the Miller package, and what I think the difference is between the two players, I think a package of Nolan Jones, Aaron Civale, and either Yu Cheng or Willi Castro might get it done.

With what Brantley is giving this team you can always replace it next year. I have at least some faith in the Indians to find a relative suitable replacement
Meija will be the only suitable answer, we're not getting a guy with Brantley's numbers in FA.

Whatever the case may be, they're out on Machado.

I don't think they're going to give up Mejia or McKenzie or Bieber for anyone.

Quite frankly, they NEED Mejia in 2019 when Brantley leaves as a free agent. You almost HAVE to keep him around.

You also need to go into next season with a bullpen not consisting of Dan Otero and Nick Goody as your late inning options. They’re not going to spend what it will take to sign a formidable closer in free agency, so trading for a Hand, Iglesias, etc. will be their only realistic route to ensure their bullpen isn’t a complete shitshow next season while putting it in the same category as the Yankees and Red Sox for this season provided Miller is healthy. Mejía for Hand and either Yates or Cimber is a deal you have to absolutely consider. Hand is not Miller, but he is only getting better as evidenced by his career high in K rate and increase in fastball velocity this season.

You also need to go into next season with a bullpen not consisting of Dan Otero and Nick Goody as your late inning options. They’re not going to spend what it will take to sign a formidable closer in free agency, so trading for a Hand, Iglesias, etc. will be their only realistic route to ensure their bullpen isn’t a complete shitshow next season while putting it in the same category as the Yankees and Red Sox for this season provided Miller is healthy. Mejía for Hand and either Yates or Cimber is a deal you have to absolutely consider. Hand is not Miller, but he is only getting better as evidenced by his career high in K rate and increase in fastball velocity this season.

There will be a plethora of reliever help in the off-season.

No way am I dealing Mejia for a pen arm right now, controllable or not.

No reason a system as deep as the Indians couldn't make a deal work without him.

Since it is a foregone conclusion the Tribe wins the AL Central, do we really need to trade away for multiple bullpen arms? Would it be safe to assume Bieber slides into a bullpen role in the postseason? What about Plutko? Any other arms at Columbus or Akron that could have an impact this October?

Since it is a foregone conclusion the Tribe wins the AL Central, do we really need to trade away for multiple bullpen arms? Would it be safe to assume Bieber slides into a bullpen role in the postseason? What about Plutko? Any other arms at Columbus or Akron that could have an impact this October?
Definitely don't want Plutko aka Tomlin coming out in the 6th or 7th and giving up a solo bomb or 2.

However, Bieber could be electric out of the pen and could be used how Tito used Miller, 5th or 6th inning and record 5-6 outs. He also doesn't walk much. I'd say Bieber could be lightning in a bottle in October. I belieb.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."