• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 NBA Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm not very familiar with that draft class yet.

Does Nassir Little looks like a Jeff Green type with a better shot, better intangibles and better defense? He has that Montrezl Harrell mentality.

Does Nassir Little looks like a Jeff Green type with a better shot, better intangibles and better defense? He has that Montrezl Harrell mentality.
No green never had his first step or handle. Most of green s athleticism is only demonstrated in transition

No green never had his first step or handle. Most of green s athleticism is only demonstrated in transition

That's true. His build and size does remind me of him a little.

He looks like a very unique talent from the little I have seen of him.

Nas little reminds me of a bigger latrell spreewell. He's got the motor the defense a bit of a jumper and a love of 2 hand dunks
Spree was pretty damn good when he was in his prime and out of trouble,, I compared Wiggins to Spree out of college, but he has sadly not reached that level on either end. Nas seems like a guy where the skill is just starting to catch up to physical traits. No one ever imagined Kawai would turn into the player he did, so I would watch this kid closely. Then again he could bottom out as a MKG from Charlotte, but I think he is already clearly more athletic and better skilled then MKG was out of UK.

The biggest thing about Nas is that he literally looks like he wants to kill people people on defense, his intensity practically radiates off him. He's a monster physically and a great athlete who is slowly starting to figure out his offense and is showing promise on that end, but his defense is where you really get a glimpse of what kind of player he is.

Like, I have seen basketball players who don't like to play defense, but play it well because they have to. I have seen players who like playing defense or even take pride in it. I don't think I have ever seen anyone who outright seems to love playing defense as much as Nasir seems to. He doesn't just look happier on defense, he looks downright gleeful. It's hard to say how good he ends up offensively right now, but my god is he going to turn into a fantastic defender, of that I have no doubt.

The biggest thing about Nas is that he literally looks like he wants to kill people people on defense, his intensity practically radiates off him. He's a monster physically and a great athlete who is slowly starting to figure out his offense and is showing promise on that end, but his defense is where you really get a glimpse of what kind of player he is.

Like, I have seen basketball players who don't like to play defense, but play it well because they have to. I have seen players who like playing defense or even take pride in it. I don't think I have ever seen anyone who outright seems to love playing defense as much as Nasir seems to. He doesn't just look happier on defense, he looks downright gleeful. It's hard to say how good he ends up offensively right now, but my god is he going to turn into a fantastic defender, of that I have no doubt.

I want Nas as it stands right now.

I just imagine the trio of Cedi, Sexton and Nassir...and I get excited. I want to tank just to get a player like him. I think there are potential superstar wings in this draft. It's just that it's a super shallow draft.

I want Nas as it stands right now.

I just imagine the trio of Cedi, Sexton and Nassir...and I get excited. I want to tank just to get a player like him. I think there are potential superstar wings in this draft. It's just that it's a super shallow draft.

I mean, we'll see. I think it's way too early to tell just how shallow the draft is at this stage. Last year at this time nobody gave a fuck about guys like Jaren Jackson, Collin Sexton, Trae Young, Shai Gilgeous, etc. and it usually takes a little time for the scouting to identify the real McCoys, so to speak. Right now you have Reddish, Barrett, and Nas, but ultimately how deep the draft is will be determined by the guys who pop up around number 8-10.

I mean, we'll see. I think it's way too early to tell just how shallow the draft is at this stage. Last year at this time nobody gave a fuck about guys like Jaren Jackson, Collin Sexton, Trae Young, Shai Gilgeous, etc. and it usually takes a little time for the scouting to identify the real McCoys, so to speak. Right now you have Reddish, Barrett, and Nas, but ultimately how deep the draft is will be determined by the guys who pop up around number 8-10.

Good point. I don't follow as closely as some, but a year ago or so it seemed like there was a big three for the 2018 draft - Doncic, Bagley, and Porter Jr.

Good point. I don't follow as closely as some, but a year ago or so it seemed like there was a big three for the 2018 draft - Doncic, Bagley, and Porter Jr.

Nah, there were a lot more.

Thing is, there are going to be a lot of players from last years draft that were projected in the 2nd round, now project to be in the mid 1st, and some players that were projected to be late 1sts are now projected in the early lottery and late lottery.

Bruno Ferano, Daniel Gafford and even Hachimura are in the top 10 right now...which is laughable(Hachimura is the most promising out of them). Nickel Alexander in the teens, Yo got Kris fucking Wilkes in the lottery.

A lot of players that returned to school in this draft that didn't get a real look by NBA teams because of how deep the 2018 draft was.

Sexton was reliably in the 8-5 range of 2018 mocks last summer. It's part of what makes the "Cavs wouldn't have made the Kyrie trade if they knew they'd only get Collin Sexton" talk so dumb...he was squarely on the radar for the Cavs from the moment they made that trade.

I like Jontay Porter a lot in this draft if we keep Love. Would be an ideal mentor/rookie pairing, and in the long run Porter would fit well next to Nance and Zizic in the frontcourt.

@3 Ball...GOT IT

How do u feel about the 2019 draft and what the Cavs are currently doing?

I don't mind what they're doing at all. I think the franchise needs a couple of years to reset, without going full-on tank. I know the probabilities are best when you go complete tank, but I think the difference between that strategy and what the Cavs are doing can be somewhat overstated. Teams that are perpetually stuck in the 5-10 range are usually stuck there due to poor decisions, not for lack of opportunities to acquire good young players.

It's a real coin flip for whether the Cavs keep their pick this year. I feel like it's 40/60 right now. I don't expect them to be able to acquire a second rounder now for cash, but we'll see. They're probably going to be moving salaries around in trades to take on bad money for assets, and that could involve using some of their cash supply. Plus I think teams have started to wise up on trading 2nd rounders after the Jordan Bell situation. Not a single pick was purchased in 2018 by any team I don't think.

I think this draft is solid. I really like Barrett, and I'm super intrigued by Cam Reddish. I've not watched anyone in depth yet, but am familiar with most of the projected first rounders. There are a lot of solid wings in the top 10, so if the Cavs do end up in the back of the lottery, I think they'll have a few to pick from. If their pick does convey this year I don't think it will be the worst thing in the world. I just hope they are able to get at least one first rounder via trade from a Korver or George Hill deal. Whether they are able to move a couple of players for future assets will define a successful season to me.

I expect JR to get traded in the summer. His contract is extremely valuable because the old 2011 CBA still applies to his contract because it was signed prior to the new one. Basically there was a change where if you traded a guy with unguaranteed money (think of Brendan Haywood deal, which was fully unguaranteed), you would have to guarantee it if you wanted to trade him. So we traded Haywood and the team that took him paid $0 by waiving him, vs now they would have had to pay him the full amount. JR has about $11m worth unguaranteed I think off the top of my head. So basically a team could send out $14m to the Cavs and take on JR's contract of $14m, but only have to pay him the unguaranteed amount which is about $3.5m I think. This should hopefully get them a late first, but we'll see - a lot of teams will have space by then and not need the savings.

I think they're in a better spot than people realize. I'm kind of glad that they're not going full-on tank. Since Dan Gilbert bought the team they've pretty much always been on the extreme ends of the spectrum, either really bad or really good. It's a long way from the draft, but the only guy I'd lose sleep over missing out on right now is Barrett & maybe Reddish. Still super early.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."