• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Sad to see him retire this way, and give up. he is a fighter, but those final losses would get to anyone. 6 finals. you look at lakers team, its worse then ours. they dont even have a center lol.

Wait.... We had one?!?!?!?!?!?

^ Those haters will haunt LeBrons Lakers career. Remember, LeBron was the threat to Kobes being the Goat. They are looking up to Bryant as the greatest ever.
Win or lose, those haters will remain a hater.
That's the difference, if he chooses to stay in Cleveland, in Cleveland he's the King win or lose

^ Those haters will haunt LeBrons Lakers career. Remember, LeBron was the threat to Kobes being the Goat. They are looking up to Bryant as the greatest ever.
That's the difference, if he chooses to stay in Cleveland, in Cleveland he's the King win or lose

I think a lot of his relo was a ploy to win over basically the one fanbase that doesn't respect him.

At this rate, Zemeno has to treat Staples as the Sistine Chapel, and paint it on a mural connected to the ceiling, that will only be rolled out 41 times a year, and rolled back for Clips/Kings/etc. games.

Even so, when you look at some of the things that have happened in the shadows of other sports stadiums, and somehow never get caught on tape, you have to wonder.

Recall the Jason Aldean concert garbage chute incident at Progressive Field a few years ago, which I've heard differing stories about being possibly caused by building negligence. Also, Warriors fans should be, but apparently aren't, outraged that, despite their having incredibly invasive "fan tracking" apps that, not surprisingly, have been at the forefront of the league being in Silicon Valley, they somehow were not focused enough on the important things to find the jackass who pushed Salvatore Bimbo 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Eh I don't see any of this coming to fruition. While I think he'd prefer to be competitive, LeBron is content just being in L.A. regardless of how they do. He's in the "honeymoon" phase of his career and whatever happens on the court happens.

He's more invested in extracurricular activities and life post-basketball at this stage. Another ring would just be a bonus.

I agree. The perfect storm of 2016 (cap spike, Durant going to a 73 win team), pretty much killed any chance he had of catching MJ in titles. Now he’s gotta try to catch him with stats and longevity.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him win MVP this year. I can see him playing harder in the regular season, knowing that there’s no point to conserve energy for the playoffs.

He needs another big free agent in 2019 and for GSW to blow up to have any shot at winning again. So this season is gonna be all about racking up stats and continuing to climb those all time leaderboards.

Eh I don't see any of this coming to fruition. While I think he'd prefer to be competitive, LeBron is content just being in L.A. regardless of how they do. He's in the "honeymoon" phase of his career and whatever happens on the court happens.

He's more invested in extracurricular activities and life post-basketball at this stage. Another ring would just be a bonus.
Im curious to know though, what are all these activities? His shitty movies where he cant act? His business ventures he could have ran from Ohio? I get what you are saying, but this move will never make sense to me. All this so his wife can now stroll around on the Hollywood red carpets more? So Lebron can go to dinners more often with Leo Dicaprio and Al Pacino? He couldnt have done all this while living in Bath? I just cant imagine a guy like Lebron just floating through the last couple years of his greatness rolling with being a 5 seed. Unless his ego is so gigantic he really thinks he can win a title this year with this crew. I dont know, i just think this LA move is really going to bite him in the ass.

Im curious to know though, what are all these activities? His shitty movies where he cant act? His business ventures he could have ran from Ohio? I get what you are saying, but this move will never make sense to me. All this so his wife can now stroll around on the Hollywood red carpets more? So Lebron can go to dinners more often with Leo Dicaprio and Al Pacino? He couldnt have done all this while living in Bath? I just cant imagine a guy like Lebron just floating through the last couple years of his greatness rolling with being a 5 seed. Unless his ego is so gigantic he really thinks he can win a title this year with this crew. I dont know, i just think this LA move is really going to bite him in the ass.
I disagree with the opinions that this is a quasi-retirement for LeBron. People are forgetting that he's a couple months removed from one of the best postseason runs ever. He's still by far the best player in the world. I think this move is all about the season after next season. No one is beating Golden State this upcoming year. They had four all-stars and then added a 5th. Nothing lasts forever, though. The Warriors could break up after next season. Will Curry's ankles hold up? Will Durant get tired of being the butt of everyone's jokes and go somewhere else? Will Draymond want the max? Will Klay want to be more than a 3rd option? The Lakers are loading up on 1 year contracts. They are going to have a lot of cap space next offseason and they have some promising young guys. He's done a good job of disguising it as a "family" decision, but I don't buy it. Not entirely. I think the decision had more to do with basketball than he's letting on.

I disagree with the opinions that this is a quasi-retirement for LeBron. People are forgetting that he's a couple months removed from one of the best postseason runs ever. He's still by far the best player in the world. I think this move is all about the season after next season. No one is beating Golden State this upcoming year. They had four all-stars and then added a 5th. Nothing lasts forever, though. The Warriors could break up after next season. Will Curry's ankles hold up? Will Durant get tired of being the butt of everyone's jokes and go somewhere else? Will Draymond want the max? Will Klay want to be more than a 3rd option? The Lakers are loading up on 1 year contracts. They are going to have a lot of cap space next offseason and they have some promising young guys. He's done a good job of disguising it as a "family" decision, but I don't buy it. Not entirely. I think the decision had more to do with basketball than he's letting on.
I agree with what you are saying. The only thing i will say is you could also say, will Lebrons body keep holding up? I know hes a tank but at some point all this mileage has to catch up with him. A big question i float in my mind is could Durant leave GS after this year and go to LA? THAT could be the Lakers big plan. Not Kawhi.

I agree with what you are saying. The only thing i will say is you could also say, will Lebrons body keep holding up? I know hes a tank but at some point all this mileage has to catch up with him. A big question i float in my mind is could Durant leave GS after this year and go to LA? THAT could be the Lakers big plan. Not Kawhi.
It'll be interesting to see if LeBron falls off a cliff as he declines or if it's a slower, gradual decline. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I could see Durant going to the Lakers. I think he's the Warrior that's most likely to leave after next season. He'll (more than likely) have 3 rings but no one will care about them. Warriors fans don't even like him that much, Steph is their guy. He won't gain respect until he goes somewhere else and gets it done, so I expect him to peace out after next year.

It'll be interesting to see if LeBron falls off a cliff as he declines or if it's a slower, gradual decline. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I could see Durant going to the Lakers. I think he's the Warrior that's most likely to leave after next season. He'll (more than likely) have 3 rings but no one will care about them. Warriors fans don't even like him that much, Steph is their guy. He won't gain respect until he goes somewhere else and gets it done, so I expect him to peace out after next year.
I actually think his decline will be slower. He will become more of a low post banger in his later days. Those flight 23 coming out of the rafters days have to be ending soon.
By the way, will he really wear 23 in LA? I thought that was his Cavs only number.

I actually think his decline will be slower. He will become more of a low post banger in his later days. Those flight 23 coming out of the rafters days have to be ending soon.
By the way, will he really wear 23 in LA? I thought that was his Cavs only number.

Yep hes wearing 23 for LA. Bron doesn't give a damn about anything Cavs related. I think he is really into what hes doing in Akron with schools etc but I dont get the sense that he has any love for the Cavs as an organization. We were a pit stop for him, a great way to remake his brand and image and not look like he never won for his hometown.

Yep hes wearing 23 for LA. Bron doesn't give a damn about anything Cavs related. I think he is really into what hes doing in Akron with schools etc but I dont get the sense that he has any love for the Cavs as an organization. We were a pit stop for him, a great way to remake his brand and image and not look like he never won for his hometown.
Pretty much sums it up. I still say the LA thing was pretty much known all season. Remember those reports of his wife shopping for schools in like September? Plus, Magics shit eating grin was even bigger through that whole season. Like he already knew he landed the biggest fish. Lebron went through that one stretch during and after we won the title where he would say Cleveland alot, but shortly after that it was back to only Akron. I cant even imagine being that petty where you seperate two cities that are 20 minutes apart.

And we, as Cavs fans, got the greatest moment of our fandom. Who cares what his motivations were?

Magic is the bigger threat to Kobe being the Laker GOAT, but lets not get facts in the way, lol

And we, as Cavs fans, got the greatest moment of our fandom. Who cares what his motivations were?

Yea for sure, agree. More so just fun to talk about and psycho analyze because hes a fascinating guy who found himself in a fascinating situation.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."