• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
To add to that, I feel dirty making a Top 10 because there are so, so many games I feel bad not mentioning because I love them.

To add to that, I feel dirty making a Top 10 because there are so, so many games I feel bad not mentioning because I love them.

And that top ten list is particularly biased because you don't vote on every game in existence, just a hundred or so. They left off some games I'd probably include in my "best ever" lists, like Banner Saga 2 and Curse of Monkey Island, and those are just off the top of my head.

And that top ten list is particularly biased because you don't vote on every game in existence, just a hundred or so. They left off some games I'd probably include in my "best ever" lists, like Banner Saga 2 and Curse of Monkey Island, and those are just off the top of my head.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Mine ended up being pretty accurate but, I bet it is missing a decent amount of all-timers.

BTW speaking of Dead Cells, you play it?

1Final Fantasy VII
2The Witcher 3
3Dark Souls
4Mass Effect 2
5Final Fantasy Tactics
6Skyrim
7Bloodborne
8Fallout 3
9The Last of Us
10Kingdom Hearts II
11Oblivion
12Dragon Age: Origins
13EarthBound
14Civilization V
15Zelda: A Link to the Past

I'd change the order around and maybe add a few games, but yeah. That list is definitely me.

I'd have to really think about a full top 10 favorite games, but two things for sure:

#1 is Ocarina of Time, hands down

Also, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is on there somewhere for certain.

#1 is Ocarina of Time, hands down

On that, we agree. That game was absolutely mind-blowing when it came out and, while the graphics look like shit now, the gameplay still holds up. Except the Water Temple. The Water Temple can fuck right off.

Also, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is on there somewhere for certain.

I'd say the second game was the best in the series, and I agree it probably deserves a spot in at least my top twenty given how many hours my friends and I spent playing it back in the day.

Mario Kart: Double Dash is another favorite of mine. The two driver system was awesome, and it added a level of strategy to the game since you could store an item for later use.

I think I literally shattered a controller into a brick wall when I was like 12, playing the Water Temple.

Great game though. Let me know when they make a Zelda that comes close. Haven’t played any since Wind Waker.

I'd say the second game was the best in the series, and I agree it probably deserves a spot in at least my top twenty given how many hours my friends and I spent playing it back in the day.
THPS2 was definitely good, but there's something about the original that hits that soft spot. Hundreds of hours playing that game with my friends on N64

THPS2 was definitely good, but there's something about the original that hits that soft spot. Hundreds of hours playing that game with my friends on N64

I was like that with the second game, which I feel like was basically the first game but better in every way.

1Final Fantasy VII
2The Witcher 3
3Dark Souls
4Mass Effect 2
5Final Fantasy Tactics
6Skyrim
7Bloodborne
8Fallout 3
9The Last of Us
10Kingdom Hearts II
11Oblivion
12Dragon Age: Origins
13EarthBound
14Civilization V
15Zelda: A Link to the Past

I'd change the order around and maybe add a few games, but yeah. That list is definitely me.

Great list...

Here's my Top 10 RPGs, as far as I can remember at the moment.. lol..

1) Xenogears (best game of any genre, IMHO)
2) Final Fantasy X
3) Phantasy Star 4
4) Final Fantasy VII
5) Fallout: New Vegas
6) Dragon Age: Origins
7) Knights of the Old Republic
8) Fallout 3
9) Planescape: Torment
10) Persona 5

BTW, I'm a huge Civ5 fan (and formerly a pretty competitive player FWIW)... Oblivion would've made my list, but, if you look at the games above almost all of them are heavily story-driven (except FO3). To me, that's what makes the game worth playing.

Have you guys played The Witness? It came out a few years ago. I never see it on anyone's lists, but that game blew my mind in regards to level design and how unique it is. Hands down one of my all-time favorites.

Great list...

Here's my Top 10 RPGs, as far as I can remember at the moment.. lol..

1) Xenogears (best game of any genre, IMHO)
2) Final Fantasy X
3) Phantasy Star 4
4) Final Fantasy VII
5) Fallout: New Vegas
6) Dragon Age: Origins
7) Knights of the Old Republic
8) Fallout 3
9) Planescape: Torment
10) Persona 5

BTW, I'm a huge Civ5 fan (and formerly a pretty competitive player FWIW)... Oblivion would've made my list, but, if you look at the games above almost all of them are heavily story-driven (except FO3). To me, that's what makes the game worth playing.
Man, I loved Knights of the Old Republic so much.

I gotta give Dragon Age another shot I think. I got burnt out.

Man, I loved Knights of the Old Republic so much.

I gotta give Dragon Age another shot I think. I got burnt out.

DA:Origins is an amazing game. The number of hidden and unmarked quests was great, and the depth of the world, lore and characters was fantastic. Absolutely loved Origins. My first playthrough was as a mage and I was not expecting that storyline. Absolutely loved it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."