• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018-2019 Around The NBA thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston losing a superstar clearly isn't as impactful as Golden state losing their fifth best player.

It's pretty evident that you either didn't watch the series or simply don't remember it. When it was time to in in game 5, Golden State simply got outplayed. They looked completely toast even to open game 6 before Paul's absence caught up with Houston.
No, i did watch it. I remember game 5 and how Houston took it to them. It still doesnt change my opinion that GS doesnt somehow win that series. The talent, the refs. Just seemed inevitable. As for Iggy, he isnt the same as Houston losing Paul, he just makes their machine complete. Hes by far their best bench player. Anyway, i was hoping GS would lose, and i wish what you are saying did happen for sure.

Houston losing a superstar clearly isn't as impactful as Golden state losing their fifth best player.

It's pretty evident that you either didn't watch the series or simply don't remember it. When it was time to in in game 5, Golden State simply got outplayed. They looked completely toast even to open game 6 before Paul's absence caught up with Houston.

People have very short memories. If Boogie returns to health and basketball form, without wrecking the chemistry of that team, GS could run away with it easily, but I'm definitely not going to pretend they were clearly the best team this year. Not only was losing CP3 a big blow on the court, but it was probably a tough psychological blow as well. GS knew they had a legit chance and Houston knew the pressure was on.

I think Golden State messed up.

Their bench wasn't good last year and their two best players are old.

If Boogie is truly done, then they are essentially last years team, if not a little worse.

Boston can beat them if that's the case. I think they should have aimed for a more surefire thing with the MLE. Anthony Tolliver, for instance.

I think Golden State messed up.

Their bench wasn't good last year and their two best players are old.

If Boogie is truly done, then they are essentially last years team, if not a little worse.

Boston can beat them if that's the case. I think they should have aimed for a more surefire thing with the MLE. Anthony Tolliver, for instance.

You don't think reduced Boogie is better than Anthony Tolliver? I do. I almost don't care how bad Boogie is damaged.

I think people will be surprised at how the Celtics aren't going to be even that much better. They will be better because Kyrie is more clutch and will hit the last second shots that Rozier missed last year, but they will not be beating Golden state better IMO.

IF Tatum plays SG and takes a big jump and Hayward plays the best defense of his life, maybe the Celtics will be real contenders. I still think the Raptors with Kawhi > than Boston with Kyrie and Hayward back.

You don't think reduced Boogie is better than Anthony Tolliver? I do. I almost don't care how bad Boogie is damaged.

I think people will be surprised at how the Celtics aren't going to be even that much better. They will be better because Kyrie is more clutch and will hit the last second shots that Rozier missed last year, but they will not be beating Golden state better IMO.

IF Tatum plays SG and takes a big jump and Hayward plays the best defense of his life, maybe the Celtics will be real contenders. I still think the Raptors with Kawhi > than Boston with Kyrie and Hayward back.

No. I don't think Boogie is going to even be playable and is going to be an extremely easy target for opposing offenses. I think he barely touches the floor in the playoffs.

Obviously if Boogie is still good, then it works.

I just happened to think that there's a good reason no one offered him anything substantial.

I think, at best, he's Greg Monroe going forward. And I don't think Greg Monroe fits with Golden State at all and they'd have been better off spending that money on a stretch 4 that shots 40% from 3. Or someone like Kyle O'Quinn.

I still think GS wins that series even if Paul plays. The Warriors sometimes drift through series then when its really time to win, they do. Plus, wasnt Iggy out for most of that series? Thats a pretty big missing piece against a good Houston team.

They have bigger problems if they are "drifting" when they have to win two straight elimination games.

Anyway, with Houston, I don't see how many people are predicting UTA or even LAL/OKC are better than them. Ariza and LMAM aren't that big of losses, and I think this time around Melo realizes this is his last chance to accept a reduced role.

You know how the saying goes " addition by subtraction"? I honestly think it was subtraction by addition with Houston adding Melo. Even if he embraces a role offensively, you're still having to rely on him and Harden defensively? Id take UTH/OKC over Houston if all teams were healthy.

You know how the saying goes " addition by subtraction"? I honestly think it was subtraction by addition with Houston adding Melo. Even if he embraces a role offensively, you're still having to rely on him and Harden defensively? Id take UTH/OKC over Houston if all teams were healthy.

They lost their 2 most impactful defenders (Ariza & Mbah a Moute), and added another guy who needs to be hidden defensively and has been atrociously inefficient offensively lately. Houston will be worse (maybe even significantly worse) than last season.

Are there going to be bad teams in the west? Besides SAC, all the teams that were tanking last year are trying to be competitive next year and honestly Dallas, Memphis, and Phoenix could make the playoffs if they were in the eastern conference. The west is going to be a bloodbath and I'm extremely excited to see GSW face relentless competition on a regular basis

Are there going to be bad teams in the west? Besides SAC, all the teams that were tanking last year are trying to be competitive next year and honestly Dallas, Memphis, and Phoenix could make the playoffs if they were in the eastern conference. The west is going to be a bloodbath and I'm extremely excited to see GSW face relentless competition on a regular basis
At least half of these will fail, and I think that's when we move our values contracts.

Houston losing Ariza and MBAM and replacing them with Melo's corpse is going to kill them.

If CP3 takes a step back at all, Harden quits paying off the refs, or Capela disappointing after his big deal, then that team is fucked.

They probably are anyways honestly. I can't see them getting by a few teams next year barring health.

Losing Ariza was huge, but guys, M'Bah a Moute didn't do a single thing and barely played against Golden State in the WCF. He was a nothingburger when it mattered, and they were winning anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."