• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
A piece of shit is still a piece of shit, but...

I like this new generation of rap waaaaaaaaay more than I did the mid 2000s Wayne Era and Chicken Noodle Soup Make a Dance for everything era. Now, even if the artist sucks the production is still fire.
Both eras were/are pretty awful, honestly. They've been saved by a couple artists and of course the ones who have lasted through multiple eras (Jay-Z, Eminem, Nas, etc).

Production is definitely better than its ever been, though.

This thread makes me sad.

Mid-2000s Wayne is an incredible lyricist. Like filthy.

Both eras were/are pretty awful, honestly. They've been saved by a couple artists and of course the ones who have lasted through multiple eras (Jay-Z, Eminem, Nas, etc).

Production is definitely better than its ever been, though.

Honest question, who are these incredible producers? Because if you're saying we have production out here outshining Premier, Havoc, J-Dilla, RZA, Muggs, Alchemist, Bomb Squad, Pete Rock, Dre, MF Doom, Beatminerz, DITC, Stoupe, El-P, etc... I haven't heard them and need to seek them out.

Honest question, who are these incredible producers? Because if you're saying we have production out here outshining Premier, Havoc, J-Dilla, RZA, Muggs, Alchemist, Bomb Squad, Pete Rock, Dre, MF Doom, Beatminerz, DITC, Stoupe, El-P, etc... I haven't heard them and need to seek them out.
I don't think the producers themselves are necessarily better (several of the guys you listed are still producing dope tracks) but production in general has just evolved over time.

It's a different sound . Subjective

It's a different sound . Subjective

This.

I have a few friends who won’t listen to new rap and look down at it because it’s not what they grew up with. That’s fine. Doesn’t mean everything is garbage.

Anyone go to the Jay-Z/Beyonce concert in Cbus last night? Or the one in Cleveland a couple weeks ago?

Thought it was really good. Was cool being in The Shoe for a concert.

Denzel and J.I.D. are my two favs out of the new school. Was super stoked that they got together on "Sirens".

J.I.D. is freaking great. I'm seeing J. Cole next month, hoping J.I.D. comes out during the show.

Here's another under the radar rapper, in my opinion.

Eminem dropped a surprise album and it's great. Blows that garbage Revival out of the water.

Eminem is still the most gifted alive

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."