• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fantasy Football 2018

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Anything outside of ESPN, NFL.com, or Yahoo is probably a safe bet. Rotoviz is excellent if you don't mind paying for advice.

Does anybody subscribe to these basement nerds that eat, sleep, sweat, shit fantasy football advice?

If so, what particular site is worth it?

And @BMAN I usually listen to fantasy sports radio station on SiriusXM. Sometimes they can offer good shit but they want you sign up for their outlet after they tease u with decent strategy.

Does anybody subscribe to these basement nerds that eat, sleep, sweat, shit fantasy football advice?

And @BMAN I usually listen to fantasy sports radio station on SiriusXM. Sometimes they can offer good shit but they want you sign up for their outlet after they tease u with decent strategy.
Matthew Berry's fantasy thing is a good way to gain exposure to quite a few of those sites, just a heads up. It's like $50 bit gives you access to ~10 sites.

I listen to the Fantasy Footballers. They always pimp that Ultimate Draft Kit but have no idea if those kind of things are even worth it. I found something I like last season from reddit

I’ve always used Rotowire draft kit. App on my phone, you can insert your scoring settings and it ranks players daily based on your setting. You can make multiple drafting settings for however many leagues you have.
I’ve used it twice now for my money league I have finished 3/12 and 1/12 last year.

I’ve always used Rotowire draft kit. App on my phone, you can insert your scoring settings and it ranks players daily based on your setting. You can make multiple drafting settings for however many leagues you have.
I’ve used it twice now for my money league I have finished 3/12 and 1/12 last year.
Gonna give it a try, hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Not bad for $10 bucks a month or $7 bucks a month for 6 total. Seems like a good outlet with viable information that costs arm and legs anywhere else.

I know there's free shit out there, but this seems pretty convenient.

Gonna give it a try, hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Not bad for $10 bucks a month or $7 bucks a month for 6 total. Seems like a good outlet with viable information that costs arm and legs anywhere else.

I know there's free shit out there, but this seems pretty convenient.
Has done well for me

I'm in a league where we can keep 5 guys this year. I pick 7th. It is a 2QB league

I'm keeping:
QB D Watson
RB Lev Bell
RB Zeke Elliot
WR D Hopkins
WR M Thomas

I am not keeping Gronk, who I want back on my team.

I've tried to guesstimate what players will be available when I pick 7th because another owner wants me to trade him J McKinnon, who I am not keeping, for a draft pick next year.

What I am struggling with is...1) do I trade him and grab a pick or 2) do I let him go for nothing but hope to either A) draft him myself B) Push a better player to me when I do pick even if Gronk or McKinnon aren't there?

I'm in a league where we can keep 5 guys this year. I pick 7th. It is a 2QB league

I'm keeping:
QB D Watson
RB Lev Bell
RB Zeke Elliot
WR D Hopkins
WR M Thomas

I am not keeping Gronk, who I want back on my team.

I've tried to guesstimate what players will be available when I pick 7th because another owner wants me to trade him J McKinnon, who I am not keeping, for a draft pick next year.

What I am struggling with is...1) do I trade him and grab a pick or 2) do I let him go for nothing but hope to either A) draft him myself B) Push a better player to me when I do pick even if Gronk or McKinnon aren't there?

So you have the 7th overall pick this year on top of the keepers you have now? What pick would you get for him next year? I'd say trade him and get a pick, given your RBs you have on your team.

With that said, I'm having trouble deciding on my keepers this year. We're changing from 2QBs to 1QB and a Superflex. I'm keeping:
1) Deshaun - picked him up on waiversso, 16th rounder
2) Kareem Hunt - 5th Rounder
3) ?

That's between Jordan Howard at a 15th rounder or Tom Brady at an 8th rounder. There's going to be a slew of good talent back in the draft pool (3 year keeper max), so guys like Leveon, OBJ, AB, Julio, will be around. Do I keep Brady and hope a stud RB falls to me, or keep Howard and be set with RBs?

So you have the 7th overall pick this year on top of the keepers you have now? What pick would you get for him next year? I'd say trade him and get a pick, given your RBs you have on your team.

With that said, I'm having trouble deciding on my keepers this year. We're changing from 2QBs to 1QB and a Superflex. I'm keeping:
1) Deshaun - picked him up on waiversso, 16th rounder
2) Kareem Hunt - 5th Rounder
3) ?

That's between Jordan Howard at a 15th rounder or Tom Brady at an 8th rounder. There's going to be a slew of good talent back in the draft pool (3 year keeper max), so guys like Leveon, OBJ, AB, Julio, will be around. Do I keep Brady and hope a stud RB falls to me, or keep Howard and be set with RBs?

I ended up trading McKinnon and my first pick plus a later extra pick I had to get the 2nd overall. I'll get Gronk back.

I'd keep Brady in the Superflex. You'll be set at QB and can then have RBs fall to you as other scramble for their QBs.

I'm doing a 16 team, survivor style Best Ball league draft right now and am trying to figure out best strategies. It start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE with a 16 player roster. Each week, the lowest score remaining gets the boot.

16 teams make the rosters pretty thin.

Would having players on early bye weeks be better than late bye weeks? I would think so, right? Because there are more teams that are available to do worse than you, right?

I pick 10th.

Ok I need some advice. My 14 team big money league is a two keeper league. I’m keeping Leveon and Dalvin Cook. I have the number one overall pick after winning it all last year. Who do I take with the first pick?

Antonio Brown
Julio Jones
Keenan Allen
Saquan Barkley
Melvin Gordon
Fournette

I would say these are the top 6 available. After these six the talent pool goes down quickly with the other players kept. We start 2 WR’s, 1 RB, and 2 Flex in a full point PPR league.

I’m leaning towards AB but I’m cautious about having two guys from the same offense tied to so much need for production. I know they are both at the top of their position group but it worries me. Am I overthinking here? Take AB? Thoughts?

I’m leaning towards AB but I’m cautious about having two guys from the same offense tied to so much need for production. I know they are both at the top of their position group but it worries me. Am I overthinking here? Take AB? Thoughts?

Both guys have consistently been top five guys for the past four years or so now, so them being on the same team hasn't been a problem yet.

Brown is the only guy you listed who is a surefire tier one guy (Allen is borderline in PPR). I'd consider all those others to be tier two. Barkley has tier one potential, but he's not a lock to get there this year, even if he's healthy.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."