• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Collin Sexton | The Young Bull

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Resolves First?

• Collin Sexton's Restricted Free Agency

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Baker Mayfield's Tenure with the Browns

Votes: 30 61.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is it even relevant enough to bring up here?

"Colin sexton is black ." "You know who else is black? LeBron."

.. Ok?

LBJ just dropped north of $25 million for an Akron HS. Not my idea of "cheap".
Where did you come up with that 24 million dollar figure. It doesn't match anything I have read about the project. Most of the money is coming from public fundinding with up to 2.5 mil from the Lebron foundation. Which is money donated by others. Though, if certain conditions are not reached, only 500k will come from the foundation. Sounds like a hell of a lot less then 25 million. It is really the Lebron school in name only. It is a PR stunt. Haven't you figured it out by now? Mr James doesn't invest his own money in these kinds of projects. He gets others to do it in his name. Like when he got advertisers to donate to a charity when he aired the decision.

This is NOT a PR Stunt. I dropped the (.)24 million vs 2.4 million. Akron is spending ~1.5 million a year for the next 5 years.

"Students get one other notable benefit: If they successfully complete the school program and graduate from high school, James will cover their full tuition at the local public college, University of Akron.

"The Akron school district expects to spend a total of $8.1 million over the next five years for the I Promise school, according to a report in Akron’s Beacon Journal. James’ family foundation will cover the costs of other extra school features, and with its partners has already contributed $2 million for building upgrades, extra staffing and other needs, the paper notes."

http://time.com/money/5354265/lebron-james-i-promise-school-akron/

Last edited:
I’m sure Lebron is getting some type of discount from Akron because he’s partnering with the school. While I’m sure most of the money isn’t coming out of Lebrons pocket, it is nice he’s using his celebrity pull to do good for the community. The only other big time player I’ve seen involved to Lebrons degree is JJ Watt and while I’m not a Houston fan, I do appreciate what he attempts to do off the field as well.

Wait why in the hell am I answering the previous post in the Sexton thread.

Please move this comment to appropriate thread. Thanks!

I already self-corrected. "I took the bait on a sideswipe post."

In the NBA's annual survey, this year's rookie class picked Deandre Ayton and Collin Sexton as the favorites to take home the 2018-19 Rookie of the Year award.

Both Ayton and Sexton got 18 percent of the vote. Luka Doncic and Kevin Knox finished tied for third, with nine percent. Last year, the rookies picked Dennis Smith Jr. as the favorite. Sexton will likely start the season coming off the bench behind George Hill. Ayton is expected to be the Suns starting center on opening night.

In the NBA's annual survey, this year's rookie class picked Deandre Ayton and Collin Sexton as the favorites to take home the 2018-19 Rookie of the Year award.

Both Ayton and Sexton got 18 percent of the vote. Luka Doncic and Kevin Knox finished tied for third, with nine percent. Last year, the rookies picked Dennis Smith Jr. as the favorite. Sexton will likely start the season coming off the bench behind George Hill. Ayton is expected to be the Suns starting center on opening night.

There is zero reason for Sexton to start the season coming off the bench behind George Hill.

We can’t rule it out because Lue is our coach, but that’d be outrageous. De’Aaron Fox had shown enough to supplant Hill as starter almost immediately last year with Kings.

Sexton can start. No reason not to. Hill should start next to him or come in quickly for Hood.

I do think it is interesting that his peers think he will be. I remind you that he has beat all their asses in different games in AAU and College. They think a lot of him. He is a real competitor.

There is zero reason for Sexton to start the season coming off the bench behind George Hill.

We can’t rule it out because Lue is our coach, but that’d be outrageous. De’Aaron Fox had shown enough to supplant Hill as starter almost immediately last year with Kings.
If Sexton doesn't start then lue needs to be fired. This man can single-handedly ruin sextons rookie year

If Sexton doesn't start then lue needs to be fired. This man can single-handedly ruin sextons rookie year

agree with you both, Hill might start but not over sexton Hill should be dealt for assets whenever a deal comes up.
He will have value, teams know what he is, there is no need to showcase him. Sexton/Cedi/Love/Zizic start for sure. That is the core moving forward. Fill in the 5th starter

Hard to believe Hill doesn't get dealt this year to open up someone's cap for 2020. The question is just when does he get dealt. Good money is on the trade deadline, but Collin should not spend that long on the bench. People know who Hill is. He can help a contender as a 4th or 5th option and play good d, but his real value is in saving you 17M next year.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."