• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Baker Mayfield: Fire The Cannons

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Baker has looked good, but his readiness is being severely over rated now.

He I also playing against 2nd and 3rd team players with a very limited defense not showing all of the blitz packages.

He has looked good, but let the young kid sit and learn for atleast half a season.

Baker has looked good, but his readiness is being severely over rated now.

He I also playing against 2nd and 3rd team players with a very limited defense not showing all of the blitz packages.

He has looked good, but let the young kid sit and learn for atleast half a season.

I just don’t agree at all.

Mayfield is 23 years old. He was a 5th year senior QB with 47 college games under his belt.

If there has ever been a college QB that’s ready to play day 1 from a mental and experience standpoint, he’s it.

Mayfield is 23 years old. He was a 5th year senior QB with 47 college games under his belt.

If there has ever been a college QB that’s ready to play day 1 from a mental and experience standpoint, he’s it.

He will be able to play early since I think the makeup and the ability is there, but in all honesty Taylor is going to be the starter barring injury. I still don't see why people are trying to get Mayfield to start a million games this season when we have a legit NFL starter for a change who is still in his prime and shown he can run this offense. No point of rushing when our team is vastly improved already with Taylor running the show.

He will be able to play early since I think the makeup and the ability is there, but in all honesty Taylor is going to be the starter barring injury. I still don't see why people are trying to get Mayfield to start a million games this season when we have a legit NFL starter for a change who is still in his prime and shown he can run this offense. No point of rushing when our team is vastly improved already with Taylor running the show.

Don’t get me wrong Coach, I’m not suggesting Mayfield *will* start anytime soon.

I’m simply saying I believe that he’s more than capable of starting right now. They’re gonna go with Taylor for sure.

It's great that we have Taylor on the roster. For the 1st time in a very long time, probably since Bernie and Vinny, we have 2 QBs on our roster that can start for multiple teams right now. Taylor is the obvious choice to start from week 1. After watching a few weeks and learning from a true pro, Mayfield will get his chance. I believe he will get on the field at some point this season for extended playing time. He'll either earn it in practice, Taylor will get injured or our record will dictate it is time to give the rookie his shot. Patience is the key word. Mayfield has a lot of good stuff, let's do it right!

It's great that we have Taylor on the roster. For the 1st time in a very long time, probably since Bernie and Vinny, we have 2 QBs on our roster that can start for multiple teams right now. Taylor is the obvious choice to start from week 1. After watching a few weeks and learning from a true pro, Mayfield will get his chance. I believe he will get on the field at some point this season for extended playing time. He'll either earn it in practice, Taylor will get injured or our record will dictate it is time to give the rookie his shot. Patience is the key word. Mayfield has a lot of good stuff, let's do it right!

Okay, so who do you predict is going to start the first Browns playoff game since 2007?

My vote is Mayfield. This season.

That's my hot take, and I'm sticking to it.

Except he didn't play in a pro system, never took the ball under snap, and played in a conference who is know for horrible defense and best qb ever is Andy Dalton.

He just isn't ready, 23 or not, he needs time to learn. He looks good because they aren't throwing allot at him and he is going against limited defenses. Remember Kizer looked decent in preseason.

Let the kid earn the spot when he is ready, not be thrown to the wolves early. Now that doesn't mean if he started from day 1 he wouldn't be successful eventually, just means bringing him along slowly gives him the best opportunity to be good and good quickly.

Except he didn't play in a pro system, never took the ball under snap, and played in a conference who is know for horrible defense and best qb ever is Andy Dalton.

He just isn't ready, 23 or not, he needs time to learn. He looks good because they aren't throwing allot at him and he is going against limited defenses. Remember Kizer looked decent in preseason.

Let the kid earn the spot when he is ready, not be thrown to the wolves early. Now that doesn't mean if he started from day 1 he wouldn't be successful eventually, just means bringing him along slowly gives him the best opportunity to be good and good quickly.

Also bring him in slowly will allow the rest of the offense to develop. The o-line is a work in progress. The TEs and receivers need time to get use to the offense or develop into better pros. The RBs also needs to establish a better running game than they had last year.

Okay, so who do you predict is going to start the first Browns playoff game since 2007?

My vote is Mayfield. This season.

That's my hot take, and I'm sticking to it.
giphy-downsized.gif

Mayfield is the wrong answer. Browns lose first 2 games under Taylor who gets injured in the 4th quarter of week 2. The next man up comes in for mop up duty, starts week 3, doesn't give up the starting job and the team goes 13-1 the rest of the year. That man is Drew Stanton

giphy-downsized.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

Mayfield is the wrong answer. Browns lose first 2 games under Taylor who gets injured in the 4th quarter of week 2. The next man up comes in for mop up duty, starts week 3, doesn't give up the starting job and the team goes 13-1 the rest of the year. That man is Drew Stanton

giphy-downsized.gif
He is also Super Bowl MVP right?

giphy-downsized.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

I have watched allot of Drew Stanton living in AZ, Drew might be a future HC or even winning HC, but man he is not a good qb, lol.

Has anyone said to start Baker week 1? What a dumb conversation.

Also bring him in slowly will allow the rest of the offense to develop. The o-line is a work in progress. The TEs and receivers need time to get use to the offense or develop into better pros. The RBs also needs to establish a better running game than they had last year.

Okay....

I'm going to say that this O-Line is going to be much better than average. Only real question was Bitonio at LT, and that seems to have worked. Bitonio, Corbett, Tretter, and Zeitler are a damn good 4. RT is dicey, but you can work with only one weak position. Our pass catchers also look to be better than average -- perhaps by quite a bit. Running backs should be at least average. In terms of the offense surrounding the QB...I'd say this one should be top 10. It'll go as far as the QB can take them.

DL is at least average. LB's are above average. DB's are the biggest question mark, but I'd go with "average" as a fair guess.

I honestly think the team surrounding the QB is good enough to make the playoffs. That's probably a bold statement, but I also think it's a fair one. The question is going to be if either QB is good enough to get them there, and what will be the impact of the coaching staff.

Okay....

I'm going to say that this O-Line is going to be much better than average. Only real question was Bitonio at LT, and that seems to have worked. Bitonio, Corbett, Tretter, and Zeitler are a damn good 4. RT is dicey, but you can work with only one weak position. Our pass catchers also look to be better than average -- perhaps by quite a bit. Running backs should be at least average. In terms of the offense surrounding the QB...I'd say this one should be top 10. It'll go as far as the QB can take them.

DL is at least average. LB's are above average. DB's are the biggest question mark, but I'd go with "average" as a fair guess.

I honestly think the team surrounding the QB is good enough to make the playoffs. That's probably a bold statement, but I also think it's a fair one. The question is going to be if either QB is good enough to get them there, and what will be the impact of the coaching staff.
Chris Hubbard the right tackle is at least average and being at the game Friday he looked good

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."