• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WWE/NXT/AEW/NJPW Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Just so dumb to bring Michaels out of retirement just to face Taker again. If you're gonna bring Michaels back, how about giving us some fresh match-ups like HBK/Styles or something?

Just so dumb to bring Michaels out of retirement just to face Taker again. If you're gonna bring Michaels back, how about giving us some fresh match-ups like HBK/Styles or something?

Could HBK even keep up with AJ? ,I'm sure Styles could carry him for most of the match, but knowing the drive that was once in HBK, if he couldn't match the other guy strive for strive then he wouldn't want to wrestle.

It's easier wrestling an older guy that you're the same age as and have a ton of chemistry with.

Saw Joey Ryan last night in a venue with like... 250 tops?

Idk how frequently ya'll go to indy shows, but the palpable feeling of talent is so overwhelming and I've felt it three times at indy shows.

Ryan, Bucks at AIW, Kingston/Hero at AIW. Go to AIW shows.

I don't get it.
Owens has an excellent match with Rollins and quits.
they bring him back the next wek to fight Lashley and join in on a heel vs face working with stroman.

its super lame.
How hard would of it been to have Owens Ambush Lashley and promptly leave.
then the next week start showing signs of walking Armageddon with Lashley calling out Owens to face him
Week three . Owens again attacks Lashley ruthlessly.

ultimately it would of been better to have Owens "quit" with sporadic appearance exacting revenge for perceived wrongs done to him but its like someone goes in and butchers every storyline and I don't think its Vince

between the roman agenda and having hayes seem to care more about back room politics than putting on an entertaining product Raw is gonna continue to botch things. a bunch of feids amongst 50 + year old men isn't gonna save things.

Finally watched ALL IN. Great, great show.

It had everything.

Now if they can get rid of Cole for Mauro, the Raw announcer team will likely end up being the best thing about the show.

I will say, Renee still has a lot of work to do with her announcing and repeating the same thing over and over again in a match, but her composure and commentary are solid. Cole to me is just so stale at this point and he lacks both historical knowledge and basic move understanding. That's why I'd want Mauro out there instead. A couple of the All In commentators were incredible.

Now if they can get rid of Cole for Mauro, the Raw announcer team will likely end up being the best thing about the show.

I will say, Renee still has a lot of work to do with her announcing and repeating the same thing over and over again in a match, but her composure and commentary are solid. Cole to me is just so stale at this point and he lacks both historical knowledge and basic move understanding. That's why I'd want Mauro out there instead. A couple of the All In commentators were incredible.

Cole was fine when he did that tournament last year. I think the issue is that Vince is always in his ear telling him what to say and it keeps him from being a decent commentator.

Cole was fine when he did that tournament last year. I think the issue is that Vince is always in his ear telling him what to say and it keeps him from being a decent commentator.

Fair enough. It's hard to confirm what's shit at the WWE because of Vince and what's shit because it's shit. My assumption is Coach is bad at what he does, because it's Coach. He was only ever good as a backstage commentator used for comic relief as a punching bag (mostly by the Rock).

Fair enough. It's hard to confirm what's shit at the WWE because of Vince and what's shit because it's shit. My assumption is Coach is bad at what he does, because it's Coach. He was only ever good as a backstage commentator used for comic relief as a punching bag (mostly by the Rock).

The main problem with the main roster commentary is how much they shill. Half the time is spent shilling this or that rather than selling the match in the ring, and it brings down all of commentary. Vince is also obsessed with repeating catchphrases until they have no meaning and we hate them, like having Cole constantly scream THE BIG DAWG about Reigns. Forcing the commentators to do that really hurts the overall quality as well.

The main problem with the main roster commentary is how much they shill. Half the time is spent shilling this or that rather than selling the match in the ring, and it brings down all of commentary. Vince is also obsessed with repeating catchphrases until they have no meaning and we hate them, like having Cole constantly scream THE BIG DAWG about Reigns. Forcing the commentators to do that really hurts the overall quality as well.

The way Cole yells BIG DAWG is 97.6% of the reason I want him out.

The way Cole yells BIG DAWG is 97.6% of the reason I want him out.

I think the main reason Vince loves Cole is because of how shamelessly he'll shill anything.

But when you remove Vince from the equation, Cole becomes a perfectly capable commentator. He's still not great, but he's fine. He's the kind of not noticeable you expect from a decent but not great commentator. He won't make matches better but, unlike Raw/Smackdown Cole, he won't actively make them worse.

There is no way they are bringing Mick Foley out of retirement too right?

Best comment I saw about tonight's show:

"Legend has it, Ambrose and McIntyre never made it down from that cage."

:chuckle:

Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to have a no contest ending in a no disqualifications match is a fucking asshole.

Best comment I saw about tonight's show:

"Legend has it, Ambrose and McIntyre never made it down from that cage."

:chuckle:

Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to have a no contest ending in a no disqualifications match is a fucking asshole.

Strowman and Reigns staying down for the entire time those guys were fighting outside the cell... That's the most either guy has sold in their entire careers. Two PPVs in a row where the writers went out of their way to set up a finish so bad, they knew it was going to get booed - which is why they faded to black less than a minute after the no contest... What does that do? Now does Strowman still have his briefcase?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."