• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NFL SEASON Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Darnold looks exactly like what he is. A very inexperienced, green quarterback that doesn't know what he's looking at yet.

Very talented kid, but there's going to be plenty of ups and downs this year.

Darnold looks exactly like what he is. A very inexperienced, green quarterback that doesn't know what he's looking at yet.

Very talented kid, but there's going to be plenty of ups and downs this year.

Looking pretty good as an inexperienced QB

If you don't love watching Beast Mode run the ball, you probably don't care for football.

Stafford and the Lions are so bad.

That's the only real takeaway anyone should have from that game.

The Lions have the worst defense in football. Especially without Ansah.

Darnold had a pretty good game. He managed the team well after his first gaffe and got bailed out on some bad throws. Any CB worth his salt would have picked the throw in the endzone to Roddy.

We'll see. Certainly not shaking in my boots over him.

Dmx7JFrXgAExz9h.jpg

When I watch Darnold I get the same feelings of frustration I got when I watched Wentz a couple of years ago or when I watched Goff last year or Mahomes on Sunday.

All of these young QBs are playing in a what amounts to a pretty simplistic offense that blends spread passing concepts that guys like Brady have been using for years with straight up college read option and run/pass option concepts.

These types of offenses are not particularly difficult to learn or difficult to run. The days of the Jon Gruden 15 to 20 word play calls are a thing of the past for most teams (sorry Oakland).

Don’t get me wrong, every one of those QBs are all very talented players and the better traditional traits (accuracy, arm strength, athleticism among others) a QB has the better that QB will look in any offense. But these young guys have all clearly benefited from competent coaching that makes the game easier for them and it just frustrates me to no end that the Browns don’t have that for Mayfield.

ryan-fitzpatrick-conor-mcgregor.jpg

Ryan Fitzpatrick at the post game podium after the Tampa Bay win. Props, white boy.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."