• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cedi Osman Goodbye & Good Luck

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is Your Favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation Episode?

• The Inner Light

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Darmok

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Chain of Command I and II

• The Measure of a Man

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Yesterday's Enterprise

• Q Who?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Watches the Watchers?

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • The One Where Worf Got His Ass Kicked

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • All Good Things...

• Total voters
Cedi was always an impact player through his career. He played a different role in Efes and a complete different role in the national team. And that's why he is so valuable i think. His versatility to accept different roles without struggling is a rare ability. Don't know if he will be ever an All Star, but the potential is there. He is a fast learner who works his ass off. Let's hope his development continues.

Are people more excited for Cedi than they were for Turkoglu? What's the perception right now?

I think yes and mainly because these are two different eras. At Hedo's time, watching NBA in Turkey was much harder(no real streaming, not many games televised) so not many people were following him(or the nba in general). So there is naturally much more excitement now because there is more broadcast, videos, news, twitter, instagram etc.

Also Cedi came into a stronger Turkish league, stronger Euroleague, better facilities. Hedo had much less available to him at the time. Turkish basketball was just moving up in the basketball ladder and he did not have predecessors who went to the NBA and paved the way for him. At that point the goal was to be an NBA player, which he greatly exceeded. And within the right system with Rashard and Howard he thrived. Overall it was a huge success story and the best career a Turkish player ever had.

The expectations with Cedi, at least at this point, is more. But for me the difference is I knew Hedo would be good from the very beginning. With Cedi it was not like that. I would not have imagined he would be this good.

And careerwise I expect Cedi's career to be much more stable. Hedo, after his prime, declined very fast. I do not expect this to be the case with Cedi.

For his ceiling, I think with a little bit of luck, it is all-star level. Especially, he falls to the hands of a good coach and/or a well-built team. If he plays in teams dominated by iso offence, then it's not the right place for him. But still he should be a solid nba starter.

Cedi is strong role player ceiling. I just don't see him performing at a starter level this year. Neither will Sexton.

If this is a pure basketball question, I am personally not... Hedo achieved a lot during his career in a tougher era for foreign players even that's not appreciated. What he did in Kings and Spurs was remarkable and he could achieve a lot more if he has stayed in Spurs. But what he did in Magic and this game 7 in Boston, I don't think any Turkish player in my life can do something like that, I hope I am wrong because I like Cedi a lot. And that block to Kobe is also unforgettable in Nba finals game 1.

But If you ask most Turkish people, especially the ones using social media a lot, you won't hear good things about Hedo because they have bad beef with him due to his political views. I think it's all nonsense and bullshit stuff but that's how it's in Turkey right now, you just can't have a single conversation about anything without involving politics and in a matter of time you would be blamed by supporting one of the sides even you just say what you see, that's how much the country is divided now. I think US is in the same path going there. I am going there 2 weeks a year only and trying to keep my mouth shut as possible because I am fed up with that conversation.

Long story short: Hedo was the first and is still the king of Turkish basketball to me and I don't think Cedi's ceiling is that high but I hope I am wrong.

Are people more excited for Cedi than they were for Turkoglu? What's the perception right now?

If this is a pure basketball question, I am personally not... Hedo achieved a lot during his career in a tougher era for foreign players even that's not appreciated. What he did in Kings and Spurs was remarkable and he could achieve a lot more if he has stayed in Spurs. But what he did in Magic and this game 7 in Boston, I don't think any Turkish player in my life can do something like that, I hope I am wrong because I like Cedi a lot. And that block to Kobe is also unforgettable in Nba finals game 1.

But If you ask most Turkish people, especially the ones using social media a lot, you won't hear good things about Hedo because they have bad beef with him due to his political views. I think it's all nonsense and bullshit stuff but that's how it's in Turkey right now, you just can't have a single conversation about anything without involving politics and in a matter of time you would be blamed by supporting one of the sides even you just say what you see, that's how much the country is divided now. I think US is in the same path going there. I am going there 2 weeks a year only and trying to keep my mouth shut as possible because I am fed up with that conversation.

Long story short: Hedo was the first and is still the king of Turkish basketball to me and I don't think Cedi's ceiling is that high but I hope I am wrong.

Blasphemous.

I don't think people ever FULLY realized just how skilled Hedo was. In many ways, I think what he brought to the court was over-shadowed because he just was a very solid basketball player with various skills. To some level, it reminds me of Kukoc without any where near the level of hype he had following him.

All I know is, I was sadly reminded of how GOOD ole "Turkey-Glue" as I called him could be in the Eastern Conference Finals that one year.

In terms of Cedi, I really love how LeBron has impacted how Cedi seems to see the floor and the sort of passes I've seen him make this off-season. It is always tough to gage how a foreign player will develop in the pro's because they are such TEAM first guys. I have hopes for Mr Osman and if he turns out to be anywhere near as good as Hedo, I'd be totally alright with that.

Okay, wtf.

Turkey's coach just doesn't sub Cedi out. It's the second straight game that I witnessed it. He suffers from Lueism.

What a fucking idiot.

The free throw thing is crazy. How can he be so bad at free throws?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."