• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

FIBA worldcup

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sir'Dom Pointer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Thought that i would open a thread about FIBA basketball.

@Nathan S

I'm currently watching Musa and Bitadze. Bitadze is a bully, god damn. Musa's handles and burst is impressive.

Bitadze is a real force inside on D. Swats everything. Israel barely even put up shots in the paint.

Musa is very ball dominant and needs to pass a bit more.

Bitadze is a real force inside on D. Swats everything. Israel barely even put up shots in the paint.

Musa is very ball dominant and needs to pass a bit more.

8 assists, though? Honestly still shocked that he fell so far in the draft. Bursting with potential.

EDIT: For comparison purposes,

Game 1: 0 assists, 5 turnovers
Game 2: 3 assists, 1 turnover
Game 3: 0 assists, 2 turnovers
Game 4: 0 assists, 3 turnovers
Game 5: DNP
Game 6: DNP

Game 7 (today): 9 assists, 4 turnovers

Last edited:
8 assists, though? Honestly still shocked that he fell so far in the draft. Bursting with potential.

8 assists? nice. Well, he plays as the de-facto PG and controls the ball so much. His ability to attack which will only get easier in the NBA is so nice.

Musa is an incredible prospect. NBA teams are retarded.

8 assists? nice. Well, he plays as the de-facto PG and controls the ball so much. His ability to attack which will only get easier in the NBA is so nice.

Musa is an incredible prospect. NBA teams are retarded.

I don't think his point guard skills are quite "there" yet, but half a year ago you would've been laughed out of the room for putting "Musa" and "PG" in the same sentence (see edit above). He seems like a guy who won't settle for being anything less than a star, and he has the size and skills to make it happen. The exact kind of prospect I'd want if I was a GM with a pick in the mid teens.

Also, what a game from Satoransky outplaying Shved. A sleeper for MIP this year?

Also, what a game from Satoransky outplaying Shved. A sleeper for MIP this year?

Satoransky was excellent last season... just didn't get enough playing time.

If he gets playing time, he will put up great numbers. I have no doubt about that.

Israel has talented players. Yovel Zoosman is an NBA prospect, Tamir Blatt(David Blatt's son) is a very talented PG with excellent playmaking skills and a pretty good shot...he is quick and gets to any spots he wants; problem is, he is very small. I think he has the talent to become a back up PG in the league.

Did Doumbouya choose not to play, or was he not picked? If he wasn't picked, I think that sums up the enormous gulf between him and Doncic as prospects. He's really raw and needs to make huge strides to be an impact player in Euro competitions, let alone at the NBA level. I'll be keeping a close eye on him, and if he doesn't look like a fast learner he's probably not even in my top 10.

Did Doumbouya choose not to play, or was he not picked? If he wasn't picked, I think that sums up the enormous gulf between him and Doncic as prospects. He's really raw and needs to make huge strides to be an impact player in Euro competitions, let alone at the NBA level. I'll be keeping a close eye on him, and if he doesn't look like a fast learner he's probably not even in my top 10.

I have no idea...I forgot about him as far as the french NT goes. Good observation.

Luka Doncic will be the white goat (goats are black?????), so there is no comparison. Doncic is a real egocentric motherfucker...he already bailed out on his national team(unlike Cedi who will probably play for them as long as he lives), so you know he is going to do whatever it takes to be successful in the NBA.

Real talk, being on the national team and improving is tough. There is a reason why nab teams hate it when their prospects go to represent their home countries in those tournaments--not to mention that FIBA's qualifier tourney structure is WOAT...what's the point of this break between the games??? . American players improve in the off-season more than europeans because of that reason...fight my logic.

Calathes is just rock solid. Cavs didn't have an obvious need for him, of course, but some NBA team should've scooped him up this summer.

Musa with an ugly game.

He is going to need to show better efficiency and defense at the next level. Though, he gets to the line alot.

Satoranksi continues to impress.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."