• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Week 2 2018 | Browns @ Saints

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Today is a great example of how QB rating can be very misleading at times.

Tyrod was once again quite bad for the vast majority of the game, but finished with a 94.6 QB rating.

I just...

What the FUCK did I do in a past life to be born into being a Browns fan?

Most of you guys were born into this. I made a CHOICE to be apart of this. What sort of a fucking masochist am I? At least I didn’t give them the decency of waking up at 3am to watch them do this live this week - thank God for NFL Game Pass.

I was saying earlier in the thread...

If Browns lose to Darnold, will your post be the case going forward?

The Baker part feels way more likely than the Hue part.

I think there's a great chance that Hue gets the season regardless.

1 game closer to Baker starting and Todd Haley coaching....

I'm still not sure Haley has been any good at his job or if Tyrod has really been gun shy. The Steelers are doing just fine without him. If the Browns are going to start a checkdown QB we should be seeing more Duke Johnson packages. Playcalling should set up Njoku for opportunities. Hue, Haley, who cares? It would be best to start fresh at the end of the year. I'm open for my mind to be changed.

Lovely late summer weekend in Cleveland. Just got back from a long bike ride this afternoon. Don’t give crooked Jimmy your time or money.

Is it mock draft time yet?

I wonder how much longer they keep Chubb and Duke on the bench in favor of Hyde too.

Hyde's under 3 yards per carry on 38 attempts in 2 games.

It's a big problem. Hyde looks slow and isnt dynamic. Yet when Chubb gets in, they are getting good gains because he can find a hole.

1 game closer to Baker starting and Todd Haley coaching....
Haley has been underwhelming. QB to blame? Not really, his play calling is subject right now. That end around deep in our own territory in the 4th about sealed it that he won't design a gameplan for what he does have

I'm a lifelong Bengals fan but I do watch the Browns and have enjoyed their rebuild over the years, however even as an outsider it can be painful to see the ridiculousness that can consistently happen to you guys.

Anyway, I've watched both Browns games from start to finish this year and here's my thoughts from an "outsider looking in":

- Tyrod is subpar to say the least. Even his late touchdown to Callaway wasn't this perfectly thrown ball, it was Callaway showing another level of burst to catch it last second. Even if we want to label it a 'great throw,' he was non impressive for virtually the rest of the game. Mayfield time should come soon ESPECIALLY if the Browns lose again this week.

- Hyde is very unimpressive. Seems to have lost a lot of his burst and agility. If you guys are going to draft Chubb that early in the draft, why aren't you giving him more chances? He has talent. I'm all for giving young, hungry guys chances especially after a few losses in a row.

- Myles Garrett is unreal good. No, he wasn't AS dominant in Week 2, but give credit to New Orleans for game planning to double team him a lot. The dude is a freak talent and I legitimately believe has NFL Defensive Player of the Year potential in his future.

- I like Ward, he's doing well. Yeh, he'll have some growing pains. But the kid is playing his ass off and seems like he wants to be great. He's a very good piece going forward.

- I don't blame you all for cutting Josh Gordon. I will still root for Josh Gordon and hope he figures it out. However, you guys have given him an abundance of opportunities and potentially even saved his life --- it's time for him to act like an adult. A change of scenery may be best for him and the Browns also lose a constant distraction.

I'm still sick about that "illegal contact" call that robbed Ogunjobi of his third sack early in the 4th. This was on the heels of the Browns driving, up 12-3, and having to settle for a FG try which was obviously missed. The Saints were driving with momentum, Ogunjobi gets a huge sack on a 3rd and 3, and then it's nullified on a phantom illegal contact call against Kindred. A handful of plays later the Saints score a touchdown.

Obviously, a lot of football happened between that point and the end of the game, but that was a huge difference in getting the ball back with around 8 minutes left and up 9 points with momentum as opposed to being up 2 points and getting the ball back with momentum favoring NO.

This team has talent, it can win games (when it doesn't have to rely on a kicker), but it's super frustrating and defeating when officials keep fucking us in major moments.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."