• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cedi Osman Goodbye & Good Luck

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is Your Favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation Episode?

• The Inner Light

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Darmok

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Chain of Command I and II

• The Measure of a Man

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Yesterday's Enterprise

• Q Who?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Watches the Watchers?

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • The One Where Worf Got His Ass Kicked

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • All Good Things...

• Total voters
Pretty sure that is the kind of move that gets your family put in jail over there- just look at Kanter.
Come on, it`s all about communication. A lot of NBA players take some rests, so did Ilyasova last summer but it wasn`t a problem. You have to have your reasons and it will be managed.

The Kanter-case is something else, forget it.

Hello guys,

another turkish Cedi-fan here (but born and living in Germany). Sorry for my english, it`s not my native language. I`m a huge Cedi follower since his times at Anadolu Efes and the younger national teams. He is really loved all over the country, especially the young girls are admiring him a lot:p But the main reason to follow the Cavs was Lebron, my favourite basketball player ever. I started watching basketball because of him an it wasn`t a bad decision. Now I also have to support the Lakers a little bit:banghead:

Back to Cedi:
As I mentioned, I love him too, but you guys need to calm down a little bit. There are too much expectations. Yes he is improving, yes he is a hard working guy, yes he will get some minutes but I don`t see anything like 16-5-5 or whatever right now.

I don`t know whether you like him or not but something like what his former teammate Dario Saric did would be fantastic:
Dario Saric 17-18 regular season: CEDI I expect
29,4 MPG - same (hope Lue trusts him)
14,6 PPG - 11 PPG (3-pt shooting much improved, shoots with better release and with confindence, but needs train on his FT and finishing at the rim)
6,5 RPG - 4,5 RPG (he is really good at rebounding, follows the ball to immediately start the offense, without some monsters like Love it would be a little higher)
2,4 APG - 2,5 APG (his handling is better and passing is really good but how many touches for creating will he get? an he likes to play the right way and not only chasing assists like some others)
0,3 SPG - 1 SPG
0,7 BPG - 0,3 BPG

Cedi hasn`t any skills which are really out of the world but he will be a fantastic glue guy doing a lot of things, playing the right way and with high motor.
Wish you guys all the best.

I agree I think 16 5 and 5 is probably too high. The big difference i see with Cedi and Saric is I think Cedi will see more time with the ball in his hands, and he might get more opportunities as a result.

We have seen before though that things that work in Europe don't always translate, but I think he could easily make 3 3's a game like he has been. That is 9 pts right there. 2 more baskets from running the floor and he is at 14. We'll see. Most interesting storyline of the season for us I think.

I agree I think 16 5 and 5 is probably too high. The big difference i see with Cedi and Saric is I think Cedi will see more time with the ball in his hands, and he might get more opportunities as a result.

We have seen before though that things that work in Europe don't always translate, but I think he could easily make 3 3's a game like he has been. That is 9 pts right there. 2 more baskets from running the floor and he is at 14. We'll see. Most interesting storyline of the season for us I think.

The biggest difference I see with Cedi and Saric is that Saric is more talented :chuckle:

The biggest difference I see with Cedi and Saric is that Saric is more talented :chuckle:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Saric is a stretch 4 in the NBA. Cedi's ceiling is greater.

Cedi is a 6'8-6'9 big guard(and now strong) who is a ball handler and passer as well as shooter that can guard 1-4. And probably even 1-5 in due time. A lot fans say that x player can guard 1-4, but they don't guard every position at an above average level-- A SF( like Covington, Brown) can't guard the better PGs, and PGs that are long and agile can't usually guard the stronger players very well.(Ntilikina, John Wall).

The only players that come to mind right now are Simmons and Lebron(Marcus Smart can guard 1-4 against non elite PFs). There are probably more, most if not all of them are limited offensively and can't really guard the 1 full time...only in switch situation.

Saric in Europe is potentially and effectively more than a strech 4, but that only applies in Europe. On a good team he is a stretch 4 since he isn't a very good ball handler or a finisher inside. He can pass some, but compared to Europe, I havn't seen anything remarkable on that regard in the NBA. He is a Spot-Up shooter. That can change, but I don't see it changing on this Philly team, or any good team really.

Last edited:

I don't think they are as different as you think

wg.fcgi

First year Shit no idea how to get the per 36 from basketball reference

Saric slightly better rebounding and passing. Better ft%. Cedi was already more efficient

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Saric is a stretch 4 in the NBA. Cedi's ceiling is greater.

Cedi is a 6'8-6'9 big guard(and now strong) who is a ball handler and passer as well as shooter that can guard 1-4. And probably even 1-5 in due time. A lot fans say that x player can guard 1-4, but they don't guard every position at an above average level-- A SF( like Covington, Brown) can't guard the better PGs, and PGs that are long and agile can't usually guard the stronger players very well.(Ntilikina, John Wall).

The only players that come to mind right now are Simmons and Lebron(Marcus Smart can guard 1-4 against non elite PFs). There are probably more, most if not all of them are limited offensively and can't really guard the 1 full time...only in switch situation.

Saric in Europe is potentially and effectively more than a strech 4, but that only applies in Europe. On a good team he is a stretch 4 since he isn't a very good ball handler or a finisher inside. He can pass some, but compared to Europe, I havn't seen anything remarkable on that regard in the NBA. He is a Spot-Up shooter. That can change, but I don't see it changing on this Philly team, or any good team really.

I disagree with your analysis. I think Saric has the potential to sneak into a couple All-Star games in his career. I don't expect Cedi to ever do that.

I don't think they are as different as you think

wg.fcgi

First year Shit no idea how to get the per 36 from basketball reference

Saric slightly better rebounding and passing. Better ft%. Cedi was already more efficient

I have no interest in comparing per 36 numbers or efficiency numbers for two players who had completely different roles, with one playing substantially more minutes.

Saric has contributed at a high level in the NBA on a winning team, Cedi has not yet.

I disagree with your analysis. I think Saric has the potential to sneak into a couple All-Star games in his career. I don't expect Cedi to ever do that.

I have no interest in comparing per 36 numbers or efficiency numbers for two players who had completely different roles, with one playing substantially more minutes.

Saric has contributed at a high level in the NBA on a winning team, Cedi has not yet.

The Cavs team last year played its best ball of the season when he was starting. He def contributed at a high level on a better team than Saric's first year. Cedi's versatility is much higher.

I think the problem is that Cedi and Saric aren't very similar as players. Saric's clearly the more talented offensive player, IMO, but he'll probably always be a liability on defense. He's extremely fortunate to be on a team where he can play most of his minutes surrounded by all-defensive teamers Embiid and Covington; on a struggling defensive team he might be seen as part of the problem rather than part of the future.

I think Cedi's chances of ever being a top-10 offensive player at his position are slim, but it's pretty easy to see him being an above-average offensive and defensive player, which would make him just about as good as Saric overall. And that may be more useful for us too, considering that (whether or not we're willing to admit it) Sexton and Zizic are unlikely to ever be good defenders.

Pretty sure that is the kind of move that gets your family put in jail over there- just look at Kanter.

I think it's wrong to make it sound like he is forced to play for the NT. There are a lot of players who didn't come to the NT and people still appreciated and respected them (for insance Ersan Ilyasova, Mehmet Okur, Omer Faruk Yurtseven, etc.). They also did with Kanter when he passed on the NT years before this whole political thing started. The fuzz around Kanter had nothing to do with coming or not coming to the NT.
Cedi is playing for the NT because he wants to, not because he is forced.

The Cavs team last year played its best ball of the season when he was starting. He def contributed at a high level on a better team than Saric's first year. Cedi's versatility is much higher.
Guess we’re just arguing semantics, but I don’t consider what Cedi did last year to be anywhere close to contributing at a high level

Guess we’re just arguing semantics, but I don’t consider what Cedi did last year to be anywhere close to contributing at a high level

Well he wasn't given the chance, but he produced when called on. Looking at their national team, Saric just isn't that big of difference maker losing to shitty teams. Cedi is clearly the best player on those teams and they are winning.

It's cool. You have an opinion, but I think this is going to age like when my friend said Rubio was better than Kyrie.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."