• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Is it worth buying a PS4 at this point? I want to play their exclusives, but feel like PS5 will be out within a couple years.
YES!

Was wondering the same thing, but recently bought the PS4 Pro. Then I played:

God of War
The Last of Us
Horizon Zero Dawn

Currently playing Yakuza 0, then jumping to Yakuza 1, 2, 6.

After that I still plan on buying:

Shadow of Colossus Remastered
Spider-Man
Death Stranding

Is it worth buying a PS4 at this point? I want to play their exclusives, but feel like PS5 will be out within a couple years.

You could always trade in the PS4 towards a PS5 when it comes out.

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn (complete edition). Loved it. I'd put it in my top 5 of all time behind Witcher 3 and God of War.

Nearing the end. Fantastic game, great story, combat is a joy. Less so vs human enemies, but that’s a minor gripe.

Actually trying to hurry and finish it because I have other games to play but it really is a great title.

I'm splitting my time between the new Wow expansion, battlefield 1, Rainbow Six Siege and Quake Champions at the moment. I'm going to pick up black ops 4 because I really enjoyed my time in the blackout beta. Hopefully they upgrade the servers to at least 30 hz for tick rate because the betas 10 hz was awful.

I'm splitting my time between the new Wow expansion, battlefield 1, Rainbow Six Siege and Quake Champions at the moment. I'm going to pick up black ops 4 because I really enjoyed my time in the blackout beta. Hopefully they upgrade the servers to at least 30 hz for tick rate because the betas 10 hz was awful.

I got Black Ops on preorder. About to snag AC Odyssey as well.

Hoping to only buy one, two TOPS more games before 2019 after that. :chuckle: Too many fuckin games.

Bought Hollow Knight on Xbox since that just came out, too. But lord knows when I'll get to it.

I got Black Ops on preorder. About to snag AC Odyssey as well.

Hoping to only buy one, two TOPS more games before 2019 after that. :chuckle: Too many fuckin games.

Bought Hollow Knight on Xbox since that just came out, too. But lord knows when I'll get to it.
I really only have enough time to keep 2-3 games in my rotation and I own 100s of games. I’m going to have to stop buying so many games and just keep it to a small rotation.

I cannot justify paying for new games right now. RDR2 comes out in a few short weeks. The time sink will begin

I cannot justify paying for new games right now. RDR2 comes out in a few short weeks. The time sink will begin

Yep, I try to keep a three game rotation at most because I don't have a ton of time for gaming during the fall months.

Right now it's:
- Fortnite
- Overwatch
- MLB 18: The Show

RDR2 is going to slot into The Show's spot when it comes out, and I think I'm going to skip Call of Duty (for the first time in literally ten years) until the reviews start coming in and the price drops off a little. Haven't honestly really enjoyed one since Black Ops II, which was on last gen of consoles.

If RD2 supported the dualshocks 4's gyro I would buy the game. I'm just going to end up waiting and hoping we get a PC release because I hate right-stick aiming and aim assist.

There never was a RDR on PC, but just about every other Rockstar game ended up on PC; GTA v/online did incredibly well on PC.

I really don't understand why developers refuse to use the dualshock 4's gyro. All shooters on the switch use Nintendo's gyro.

So I got into google's Project Stream beta, which let's me play Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for free via streaming to my browser. I have to admit it's pretty cool. There are occasional technical issues, as you'd expect with my shitty Spectrum connection, but for the most part it works really well.

I've only gotten through about the first half hour of the game, but I'll post more updates once I get further.

Preordered FO:76 and BF:V today. Should be a fun fall.

Preordered FO:76 and BF:V today. Should be a fun fall.

Torn on 76. Looks fun though, and I like Fallout.

BF:V also waiting on. Trying to see if I can justify two multiplayer FPS this fall ... :chuckle:

Tried the first two hours or so of Odyssey. The Stream thing is a bit iffy at times, mostly when you're running across giant open areas. In combat it hasn't really been an issue for the most part, which is good because that would be a deal-breaker.

I love the direction they're going with this series. It feels a hell of a lot more like Witcher 3 than Assassin's Creed. I just wish they'd finally just ditch the stupid fucking modern story with the Templars and Assassins. Like, no one gives a fuck about this Abstergo bullshit. Just tell the Odyssey story and leave the rest on the cutting room floor.

The futuristic stuff was intriguing at first, but I lost interest once it became abundantly clear they were never actually going anywhere with it. If it had built to like the fourth or fifth game being set in the near future where you used all your ancestors' skills to become a modern assassin, that would have been awesome. But for whatever reason, they didn't go that route, or maybe they did and just renamed the new game Watch Dogs to have another IP?

Tried the first two hours or so of Odyssey. The Stream thing is a bit iffy at times, mostly when you're running across giant open areas. In combat it hasn't really been an issue for the most part, which is good because that would be a deal-breaker.

I love the direction they're going with this series. It feels a hell of a lot more like Witcher 3 than Assassin's Creed. I just wish they'd finally just ditch the stupid fucking modern story with the Templars and Assassins. Like, no one gives a fuck about this Abstergo bullshit. Just tell the Odyssey story and leave the rest on the cutting room floor.

The futuristic stuff was intriguing at first, but I lost interest once it became abundantly clear they were never actually going anywhere with it. If it had built to like the fourth or fifth game being set in the near future where you used all your ancestors' skills to become a modern assassin, that would have been awesome. But for whatever reason, they didn't go that route, or maybe they did and just renamed the new game Watch Dogs to have another IP?

AC2 is still one of the greatest games ever IMO, but I'm hesitant to get into this one. Didn't play Origins. It feels good as an open world RPG? What about combat?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."