• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Buckeyes Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seems hopefully but unlikely. Unless urb really wants to leave. Day is going to get HCing offers this offseason. Can’t see him fending them off for very long to wait on a 54 year old to retire.

Seems hopefully but unlikely. Unless urb really wants to leave. Day is going to get HCing offers this offseason. Can’t see him fending them off for very long to wait on a 54 year old to retire.

This is kinda concerning with all the scuttlebutt that Urb was frustrated with OSU and felt like he hung out to dry. Hopefully they really are just trying to keep a quality coach in house though.

Unless urban told the administration he is leaving in two years, I don't like this move. I like Day, obviously, but they shouldn't lose sight of the who is running this show. Urban is the second best coach in CFB, and one of the best of all time. He's not replaceable... Why send signals that you're trying to push him out?

FYI, Ari Wasserman has been really pushing this Urban's days at OSU are numbered theory....

Ever since the Zach Smith story came to light, he's been working it into nearly every story.

Doesn't surprise me this rumor came from him and his "sources close to the program".

Awesome, but these things never work out. Eventually he'll probably get an offer at a big school and he'll take it.

View: https://twitter.com/OSU_AD/status/1043849854529753088

There you go.

Again, there's no fucking way Urban goes through all the bullshit he just went through to just walk away in a few months from the monster he's built here.

I agree these things never work out. If they do want to find a coach to groom, it should be someone in the ranks below the coordinators. Someone that they can give the OC or DC job to when someone moves on. It makes it a 3-4 year process. No current OC or DC is waiting that long to move up to HC especially if they are getting power 5 HC offers.

FYI, Ari Wasserman has been really pushing this Urban's days at OSU are numbered theory....

Ever since the Zach Smith story came to light, he's been working it into nearly every story.

Doesn't surprise me this rumor came from him and his "sources close to the program".
Is he saying Urban will be fired or that he will leave?

He had a perfectly decent opportunity to resign; he could have taken another year off and gotten another massive contract at any other school.

An aspiring departure just doesn’t make a ton of sense to me unless he’s taking the season to repair his image THEN bounce.

Last I’ll say of that.

We looking at a big 12-style shootout?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."