• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 NFL SEASON Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Nice for Brees to get the record before Baker smashes every record ever.

I know Brady and probably Manning and Rodgers were better, and I know Brees has his limits, but he may be the most aesthetically pleasing QB I have ever watched.

He reads the field so well, the ball flies out of his hands, you know he is going to make the right decision, etc. It is just special. I love watching him play.

He just leapfrogged Manning and Favre while still looking like a possible MVP candidate at 40.

With the changing rules that always benefit the quarterback, his numbers will probably be dwarfed by this next generation the same way 1980s quarterbacks are getting buried by modern offensive numbers. Montana is down to number 18 all time in passing yards. Fran Tarkenton, the passing leader when I was a kid, will be passed by Matt Ryan next season and Matty Ice just entered his prime.

The different passing eras are completely different beasts with all the protections in place for a quarterback, and they add more every year. It's good for the game but bad for accurately remembering history.

So, Antonio Brown has 2 civil lawsuits against him. Threw some stuff off a balcony and almost hit a kid. Let's see him dance his way out of this

So, Antonio Brown has 2 civil lawsuits against him. Threw some stuff off a balcony and almost hit a kid. Let's see him dance his way out of this
Since he's a Steeler/Raven/Patriot he'll be fine.

I know Saquon is going to be really good (at least effective), but my god, the Giants need a QB. Eli is a bridge QB at this stage

I know Saquon is going to be really good (at least effective), but my god, the Giants need a QB. Eli is a bridge QB at this stage
Haha was just gonna come here and say remember when the Giants selected a RB over 2 potential franchise QBs? They really thought they could've squeezed a few more years out of Eli's bum ass.

Well, they sure look like a team that's about to be picking in the top three, so they'll likely have another shot this year.

Tyrod would be an upgrade over Eli at this point.

I will say it's nice owning Barkley in dynasty. Dude's gonna be starting for my team for like the next six years.

Man, Barkley has broken about 40 tackles so far in this game.

Never understood the people on here that were downplaying Barkley's talent. I understand not wanting to draft him first overall. I think the bulk of us agreed on that. But he was clearly the best RB prospect in this draft by a mile, and probably the best RB prospect period since Gurley.

All I know is that he's on pace for over 2300 all purpose yards this season, and that's not even factoring in the second half of this game.

Last edited:
One of my good friends is a diehard Giants fan. This off season I kept telling him Shurmur was gonna be trash, that they should either get a QB or trade down, and that they needed to replace Eli. This whole thing was so predictable.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."