• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Until they need wins and then it will revert back to LeIso. This might be Lebron's retirement plan but he's not just there to only build up his production company. He'll start taking over the team when games start to count. It's how he's played his entire career. We've seen multiple coaches, teammates and front offices tell us they need to get LBJ to do this or that and it never happens. It was close in Miami for about half a season and then when they needed wins they put LBJ out front and center.

LBJ has a gift and they're not going to waste that by making sure Rondo, Ball, Hart and McGee are happy. They're not going to put LBJ in the post so Brandon Ingram can be free on the wing when games start counting after the all-star break.

Kuzma will be talked about like Bosh and Love were. "Team guys who had to learn how to play with Lebron" "Sacraficed their own star so the team could shine".

God help Rondo when he pounds the ball for 12 seconds only to take a shot with his busted jumper. He might never get unburied from under the bench.

I don't expect this to be smooth sailing. Lebron's body language is pretty weird watching the pre-season games. I wouldn't be surprised if he traded some of the young guys this season or the season after.

They are playing quite differently than how the Cavs played with Lebron right now, but ofcourse that doesn't guarantee that it will last, and that doesn't mean it's a more efficient offense. I don't think what they are running is all that good, it's just that I have never seen him stand behind the 3pt line that much without the ball in his hands. Still, can't get my head around why the heck is Lebron such an unwilling screener. Even when he screens as the roll man he just doesn't roll.

I don't think it's about making them happy. I have this feeling that Lebron just doesn't quite have the confidence to be a 1 man army quite yet(like bad shot selection and LeIso) as a Laker and I also think that he doesn’t have the confidence to slack on D quite yet. Why? because it's an uncharted territory on a team that has a spoiled and demanding fanbase and media. They are demandful and they will criticize things that the media and the fans here never did.

Though, I really really do expect to see Lebron look unstoppable with the freedom of movement rule. I expect him to have less isolation attempts just because his efficiency on isolation will be so much higher, so he wouldn't have to touch the ball as much as he did. Also, his ability to create for his teammates and himself will increase aswell imho because he will get to his spots easier.

I do expect some drama. It has always surrounded Lebron right?

Last edited:
So sounds like Buffet is saying that the Lakers "have a great personality".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...aises-lebron-james-his-money-mind/1503360002/

Buffett was slightly less effusive when asked how he felt about James’ decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Los Angeles Lakers.

“I was glad to see him go back to Cleveland (from Miami in 2014)," Buffett said. “To deliver that championship to Cleveland, you know, it was great. It was one hell of an achievement and I’m glad it happened.

“But in terms of where effectively, what kind of a group works best, and everything, I’m sure he made a good choice (signing with the Lakers) and he’ll bring a lot to anything he does. He’s got a lot more talent than is shown on the basketball court."

Look at this lousy ass roster. It's like the island of misfit toys. LeBron is going to blow this thing up by January. If Ingram isn't a stud, they are actually fucked.

Still can't believe that Rajon Rondo, Javale McGee, Lance Stephenson, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and Michael Beasley are all on the same squad and LeBron willingly signed off on it, not to mention the hype and distractions that the Ball family brings. Even if it's only a one year thing, just Jesus Christ. If I'm LBJ, I try to wipe that roster clean of everybody except Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart ASAP.

DorZFhWU4AAHtmJ.jpg

I think this year is a year where Lebron and the Lakers will figure out who is good enough to stay past 2019, when they will target at least one big name. Call it a tryout year if you will

Look at this lousy ass roster. It's like the island of misfit toys. LeBron is going to blow this thing up by January. If Ingram isn't a stud, they are actually fucked.

Still can't believe that Rajon Rondo, Javale McGee, Lance Stephenson, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and Michael Beasley are all on the same squad and LeBron willingly signed off on it, not to mention the hype and distractions that the Ball family brings. Even if it's only a one year thing, just Jesus Christ. If I'm LBJ, I try to wipe that roster clean of everybody except Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart ASAP.

DorZFhWU4AAHtmJ.jpg

Holy shit that team is awful.

Like literally a step above the 2007 Finals team. Maybe two. Small steps.

I just find it bizarre he calls Kuzma the steal of the draft...

Does Donovan Mitchell not exist? Fuck outta here.

I hope he never wins another title. That being said, I'm happy his finals record won't get worse :chuckle:

Just him in LA. Mr Hollywood now. The collusion going on all last year. He knew the whole season he was LA bound.
So did everyone else. It's why we made the moves we did & why the locker room was the way it was.

I hope he never wins another title. That being said, I'm happy his finals record won't get worse :chuckle:

If he can somehow pull off the greatest NBA upset of all time (and yes, that's what beating GS would be even if Magic can hit the 2019 FA jackpot,) very good chance he gets an L against the Celtics...

DorZFhWU4AAHtmJ.jpg

Individually that's quite a lot of raw talent, but at the same time it's a complete dumpster fire. I'm very intrigued to follow the Lakers this season.

It's going to be fascinating watching the Lakers though. This is an incredible test of Lebron's talent, he's the best in NBA history at dragging crap rosters farther than they should go and it appears he wants to climb that mountain again.

I'm kind of pissed he left us but my irritation at him is like a little campfire set against my raging incandescent hatred of the Warriors, so I will root for him to get out of the West. But I doubt he will. The Warriors are nothing like the 2007 Pistons.

It's going to be fascinating watching the Lakers though. This is an incredible test of Lebron's talent, he's the best in NBA history at dragging crap rosters farther than they should go and it appears he wants to climb that mountain again.

I'm kind of pissed he left us but my irritation at him is like a little campfire set against my raging incandescent hatred of the Warriors, so I will root for him to get out of the West. But I doubt he will. The Warriors are nothing like the 2007 Pistons.

I hope the Warriors beat the shit out of them

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."