• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Jimmy Butler Safari

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Imagine giving a fuck about this clownfraud of sports league.
Well said. This is why I think playing the whole rebuild game is bullshit when the NBA doesn't give a fuck about small market teams.

I have no interest in being a farm team for the big markets.

Jimmy Butler = POS

But if things really went down like that without someone checking him, they’re as soft as he said.

Watching the 2nd-round delusions of several posters cobweb before shattering when Butler signs with any team that isn't the Cavs is going to be glorious...just fucking glorious.

End this shit charade already so we can get back to embracing reality, please.

Watching the 2nd-round delusions of several posters cobweb before shattering when Butler signs with any team that isn't the Cavs is going to be glorious...just fucking glorious.

End this shit charade already so we can get back to embracing reality, please.
I don't actually give a fuck if we get Butler or not. It's a fun idea worth exploring.

So, who are you talking about?

If we don't get him, then we all get to watch Sexton and Cedi develop. Which is awesome.

This is a win/win situation. Go away grumpy pants. Your screen name should be: @WetBlanket

Last edited:
Alex-Trebek-Jeopardy.jpg

I'll take Cleveland fans who hate Cleveland for $1000, Alex.

Oh lord would you shut up with this tired fucking line. Jesus.

You arent the only "true fan" on the board.

Btw where's Derrick Williams? Didnt you make a bet or something about him making the team last year?

Oh lord would you shut up with this tired fucking line. Jesus.

You arent the only "true fan" on the board.

Btw where's Derrick Williams? Didnt you make a bet or something about him making the team last year?
Take a joke man. You come and troll a fun thread, and then you get trolled back...and you cry about it?

Go back to ignoring me. It's better for your fragile ego.

Butler's comments are entertaining. But they also show he's a complete me-first prima donna who doesn't give a fuck about his teammates. LBJ at least pretended that he did. And when you're a young team trying to establish a positive culture in which players can develop....

Hard pass. At his age and with his attitude, the only thing that makes sense is for him to go to a veteran, contending team on the cusp.

Butler is lost....why is it so hard for players to honor their contracts? I'll give it to LBJ...with everything that went with him as far as where is he going to play next season blah blah blah he always honored his contracts. The NBA should just become a league of one year deals...then everyone can go wherever they want whenever. Nobody cares anyway when only one or two teams can win a title. Fortunately we were one of them for a few years. Minny aint winning with or without Butler...stay home dude and take a year off...Minny don't want you nor should they trade you...just dont play him...Thibs is gone either way

I am not sure I can really fault Butler for this if he's dealing with effort issues on his current team. When he was traded to Minny, he was probably licking his chops - you've got a potential all-time big and a cagey athletic freak that is capable of doing the dirty work on D but they've underperformed.

We all bitched about how Irving's wavering effort levels - he never put effort into his defense, he should work on his body more in the off-season to prevent injuries.

Butler is cut from an old-school cloth and has worked his tail off to get where he is now. He is looking his last prime years straight in the eye and wants to compete for championships.

Could he have positioned his desires better? Hell yeah but he's human. However, if a colleague was letting me down strictly due to effort and focus and it was hindering my career aspirations, I would make an issue out of it as well.

The only problem is I really don't know what team is a good fit for him, from a contention standpoint. OKC makes the most sense to me but you're still dealing with usage problems and I have no idea what their cap situation looks like.

Agree in principle for Dec 15th to send them back Kevin Love for Butler. And quick, before Love gets hurt.

Sign Butler, keep Sexton and elevate Zizic. A much better team results for the long run.

Yeah, let's trade the last remaining star from the only championship in Cavs history, that WANTS to be in Cleveland is a champion in the community and on the national stage for his mental health awareness efforts for a guy that will assuredly leave at the end of the season.

Butler is lost....why is it so hard for players to honor their contracts? I'll give it to LBJ...with everything that went with him as far as where is he going to play next season blah blah blah he always honored his contracts. The NBA should just become a league of one year deals...then everyone can go wherever they want whenever. Nobody cares anyway when only one or two teams can win a title. Fortunately we were one of them for a few years. Minny aint winning with or without Butler...stay home dude and take a year off...Minny don't want you nor should they trade you...just dont play him...Thibs is gone either way

Great question. We should ask the Bulls front office why it was so hard for them to honor that contract.

Great question. We should ask the Bulls front office why it was so hard for them to honor that contract.

He wanted to be traded. He had caused problems as a Bull as well...you forget that.

He wanted to be traded. He had caused problems as a Bull as well...you forget that.

That's not what I remember, and that's not what I've found doing a quick search to rehash the situation. Butler and Hoiberg butted heads, and the Bulls decided to move Butler because he was going to qualify for the DPE. It's basically the Cousins trade.

This buzz about practice would seem legitimate if it happened without the prior knowledge of Jimmy quitting on his team. Seems less authentic because he knows he can only hold them emotionally hostage for so long before they have to trade him.

Unless his point was to convince the FO to re-tool in beating the starters with third stringer by trading KAT and Wiggins, this would be counter productive if he indeed wanted to be traded. “Y’all suck and need me” seems like an emotional release because everybody already knew he was an impact player unlike the other two and the best player on that team by far.

What a time to be a second stringer though. Watching that carnage from the bench lol

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."