• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New TV Series to watch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm glad Flash is back. It's my favorite show on TV. Only one I stay up on. I used to watch Arrow, Legends and Supergirl. But I didnt have the time last year so I'm behind by like half a season.

I really enjoyed last nights episode. Anyways, as for the other shows you mentioned, last season, I actually thought Legends was the best of them, with Flash and Supergirl being decent. Arrow wasn't that good most of the time. They really need to stop spending an entire season on one villain. Only really good episode was the one that featured the League of Assassins. A gem amongst a pile of junk.

I really enjoyed last nights episode. Anyways, as for the other shows you mentioned, last season, I actually thought Legends was the best of them, with Flash and Supergirl being decent. Arrow wasn't that good most of the time. They really need to stop spending an entire season on one villain. Only really good episode was the one that featured the League of Assassins. A gem amongst a pile of junk.
I checked out on Arrow when they added 4 people to team Arrow... I was like... well ok. Time to step back. And I never got back into it.

But Flash is such a heartwarming show. I love it.

Making a Murderer season 2 is coming out next week.

Man in the high castle got stupid in season 2 and I stopped watching. Is it worth another look?

I checked out on Arrow when they added 4 people to team Arrow... I was like... well ok. Time to step back. And I never got back into it.

But Flash is such a heartwarming show. I love it.

that's the same time they changed Felicity from a genius who could do anything to an idiot who always needed help just to give some of the other characters something to do.

that's the same time they changed Felicity from a genius who could do anything to an idiot who always needed help just to give some of the other characters something to do.
Yeah. It got so bloated. I loved Arrow when it was Oli, Diggle, Felicity and Speedy. That was a perfect team. Gave each of them enough story and screen time. And they meshed well.

Edit- I need Wally back on Flash. I like his character so much. Seeing his struggles and successes, seeing his interactions with Iris and Papa Joe. He needs to make a comeback. Send Digby's ass to Legends and leave Team Flash alone.

I feel like you never know which of the DC/CW shows are going to be the best. I thought season 1 of Black Lightning was very hard to watch at times last season but most of the DC shows make a big jump the second season. Supergirl always seems like the second or third best for me.

I think the problem of Arrow last season is the new characters just don't have the appeal of the old characters they seem to replace. I do think they will get it back on track though. One thing I noticed from the DC/CW people are they are honest with themselves of how good a previous season was.

I also thought Legends of Tomorrow had their best cast and storyline. I think it's the show that fluctuates the most from season to season.

Last edited:
I feel like you never know which of the DC/CW shows are going to be the best. I thought season 1 of Black Lightning was very hard to watch at times last season but most of the DC shows make a big jump the second season. Supergirl always seems like the second or third best for me.

I think the problem of Arrow last season is the new characters just don't have the appeal of the old characters they seem to replace. I do think they will get it back on track though. One thing I noticed from the DC/CW people are they are honest with themselves of how good a previous season was.

I also thought Legends of Tomorrow had their best cast and storyline. I think it's the shows that fluctuates the most from season to season.
Agree on everything here. Supergirl is a cute show. Melissa Benoist is a perfect fit and she's adorable. That show isn't made for me. It's meant for a younger female audience and that's fine. But I really like her and the show is good. Plus I get a little Martian Manhunter.

Yeah. It got so bloated. I loved Arrow when it was Oli, Diggle, Felicity and Speedy. That was a perfect team. Gave each of them enough story and screen time. And they meshed well.

Edit- I need Wally back on Flash. I like his character so much. Seeing his struggles and successes, seeing his interactions with Iris and Papa Joe. He needs to make a comeback. Send Digby's ass to Legends and leave Team Flash alone.

I thought Wally brought a light/comical character to Legends that is was really lacking. I feel like the characters were all too serious on Legends.

I thought Wally brought a light/comical character to Legends that is was really lacking. I feel like the characters were all too serious on Legends.
Perhaps. I'm behind on Legends and Flash is my jam. So I'm bias to Flash. I want all my characters in MY show. Shit... bring Speedy to Flash. She's awesome.

Agree on everything here. Supergirl is a cute show. Melissa Benoist is a perfect fit and she's adorable. That show isn't made for me. It's meant for a younger female audience and that's fine. But I really like her and the show is good. Plus I get a little Martian Manhunter.

Exactly. It's a show I shouldn't like but I do. People talk about why not include the CW DC actors into the movie universe. If they did that they would put a clock on Supergirl as a TV show. Putting Melissa Benoist on the big screen is just setting themselves up for her to blow up and be too big for the show.

Exactly. It's a show I shouldn't like but I do. People talk about why not include the CW DC actors into the movie universe. If they did that they would put a clock on Supergirl as a TV show. Putting Melissa Benoist on the big screen is just setting themselves up for her to blow up and be too big for the show.
For sure. She's such a likeable person on camera and comes off very endearing. They've done a great job casting their big hitters. I can't picture anyone other than Gustin, Amnell and Benoist playing these characters... I'd throw Candice Patton in that mix as well. She has come so far as an actress and as a crucial person to Barry's character. Patton is fantastic. Season 1 Iris was annoying and kept hurting my boy Barry. Nowadays.. Iris is usually the highlight of the show for me.

Perhaps. I'm behind on Legends and Flash is my jam. So I'm bias to Flash. I want all my characters in MY show. Shit... bring Speedy to Flash. She's awesome.

I actually think they would have given Willa Holland, actor who plays Speedy, her own show if she was down for it. She was the one who asked to have her character cut back from Arrow. She just seems like one of those actors who just does it for the income so she can have fun the rest of the year.

I actually think they would have given Willa Holland, actor who plays Speedy, her own show if she was down for it. She was the one who asked to have her character cut back from Arrow. She just seems like one of those actors who just does it for the income so she can have fun the rest of the year.
Probably. Idk how I'd feel about her in a show with no Oli. Her best moments are with him. Especially her over protective little sister gimmick they did when she was in his mayoral staff. Her character highlights his and vice versa.

Probably. Idk how I'd feel about her in a show with no Oli. Her best moments are with him. Especially her over protective little sister gimmick they did when she was in his mayoral staff. Her character highlights his and vice versa.

I think if they did a show with Willa Holland and Colton Haynes (Roy Harper) it could have worked. Those two are best friends in real life so I think it would have been easy to get the chemistry to work on screen. Colton is returning to Arrow this season as a series regular so hopefully that will correct some of the problems with the current cast.

I think if they did a show with Willa Holland and Colton Haynes (Roy Harper) it could have worked. Those two are best friends in real life so I think it would have been easy to get the chemistry to work on screen. Colton is returning to Arrow this season as a series regular so hopefully that will correct some of the problems with the current cast.
I'd watch it but it would be lower on my priority list

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."