• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Hue Jackson and Todd Haley Fired

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The hot name this offseason may end up being Todd Monken. He was in his first year calling plays at the NFL level for Tampa Bay, but so far he looks like a man at the top of his profession. He has experience with both the pro game and college game. He was actually the OC for Weeden and Blackmon when they blew up at Oklahona State.

This is the part where I infuriate people... give Gregg the assistant head coach gig and DC job. The team is improving, the defense is improving. Keep continuity with the defense and turn the offense over to an up-and-comer. The offense and defense would be attack mode.

Again missing the point.

Ratley, who’s been here since April, played 0 snaps in week 4 or week 5

Willies, who’s also been here since April, played less snaps than Streater in week 4.

The point I’m making is this. The Browns signed a guy off the streets who had been out of football for a year and he immediately came in and played ahead of two guys who did OTAs, minicamps, training camp and the preseason.

So for Hue to sit there and try and say the Browns may not sign anyone this week with Higgins out several weeks because it’s hard for someone to step in on short notice and learn the playbook is comical to me because they literally already showed they were willing to do it with a friggin bum like Streater.
Hue said it was hard to find guys not impossible. He explained why it is hard.
Even if he just had a guy "do it" in you opinion it doesn't mean it was easy or can be replicated with ease.

your just twisting what he said to fit your narrative.

Hue said it was hard to find guys not impossible. He explained why it is hard.
Even if he just had a guy "do it" in you opinion it doesn't mean it was easy or can be replicated with ease.

your just twisting what he said to fit your narrative.

Look, I’m not stupid.

I am certain Hue already heard from Dorsey that they weren’t going to be signing Matthews before he did that press conference.

But just stick with the “we really like the guys we have” talking point if you feel the need to explain to the media why you’re doing something.

The problem above all else is that Hue really loves to hear himself talk and doesn’t realize that he often makes himself look silly when he tries to justify things that he or the organization has done.

He went out of his way to try and justify why the Browns wouldn’t be signing Matthews without fully grasping that one of the reason he presented as one a main factor is *something they had already done* with a lesser player.

He didn’t have to say that and he didn’t realize how silly it made him look. Because he never does.

Look, I’m not stupid.

I am certain Hue already heard from Dorsey that they weren’t going to be signing Matthews before he did that press conference.

But just stick with the “we really like the guys we have” talking point if you feel the need to explain to the media why you’re doing something.

The problem above all else is that Hue really loves to hear himself talk and doesn’t realize that he often makes himself look silly when he tries to justify things that he or the organization has done.

He went out of his way to try and justify why the Browns wouldn’t be signing Matthews without fully grasping that one of the reason he presented as one a main factor is *something they had already done* with a lesser player.

He didn’t have to say that and he didn’t realize how silly it made him look. Because he never does.

I really would like to know what he said to jimmy and dee after being 1-31 to make them want to retain him.

What if Hue is actually not a bad coach? Hot take, I know, probably going to get flamed. Player's seem to like playing for him. Um, what if he's good, like a net positive? Is being a player's coach bad?

What if Hue is actually not a bad coach? Hot take, I know, probably going to get flamed. Player's seem to like playing for him. Um, what if he's good, like a net positive? Is being a player's coach bad?

He’s a bad in-game coach who has made multiple bad hires that players happen to also really like basically.

All of those things that be true at once.

The man thought there was 2 seconds left on the clock after the overtime game winning field goal. He’s a bad coach.

The man thought there was 2 seconds left on the clock after the overtime game winning field goal. He’s a bad coach.
You don't know what he was thinking. The team has been in 3 overtime games this season, I'm pretty sure he knows the rules.

I like to think he was just giving the Raven's "deuces" and to GTFO. :chuckle:

screen-shot-2018-10-07-at-4-17-01-pm.png

What if Hue is actually not a bad coach? Hot take, I know. Player's seem to like playing for him. Um, what if he's good, like a net positive?

Then we'd like him... but it's been clear that he is far from a net positive. Anybody who has watched this team consistently for the past 3 years could not call him a good coach with a straight face. Do players like him? I don't know, maybe? But that's one of a whole lot of things that go into being a good coach.

Yeah, like a lot of things, I think the Hue hate may be a little over the top.

He makes very poor in-game decisions. That is undeniable.

The players are also playing for him, and we see a mutual respect and togetherness that is required to win games in any sport at any level.

The Amos hire looks really bad right now. The Greg Williams hire looked very bad this time a season ago, but now looks fine. Getting Haley to sign on was a huge get, IMO, as I think he's one of the best in the league.

I don't trust Hue's decision making in close games, but at the same time, I do believe he's a factor in the Browns being in those tight situations to begin with - if that makes sense.

Yeah, like a lot of things, I think the Hue hate may be a little over the top.

He makes very poor in-game decisions. That is undeniable.

The players are also playing for him, and we see a mutual respect and togetherness that is required to win games in any sport at any level.

The Amos hire looks really bad right now. The Greg Williams hire looked very bad this time a season ago, but now looks fine. Getting Haley to sign on was a huge get, IMO, as I think he's one of the best in the league.

I don't trust Hue's decision making in close games, but at the same time, I do believe he's a factor in the Browns being in those tight situations to begin with - if that makes sense.
3-33-1

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."