• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I hope the Warriors beat the shit out of them

Why? Because the Lakers are "the old guard" ?

I've seen that argument on rgm regarding "parity," with the comical argument that we should all be glad that someone besides LAL/BOS is winning, but the Warriors are also "the old guard" as far as I'm concerned.

They are currently tied for 3rd with the Bulls on franchise championships at 6, and started their current run with more than the Heatles started with and as many as they ended with, at 3...

Also, the Dubs could close a LOT of ground on the Lakers/Celtics on that count by the time the run is over, given the prime age of their stars and their likely ability to keep their top 4 together.

I’m with Derek and, quite frankly, I don’t think much hope is needed that the Warriors wipe the floor with that horse abortion of a Lakers roster. Seems like a foregone conclusion to me.

By the way, the Warriors aren’t the Cavs rival and never were. They will be remembered historically as a rival of LeBron. Just like how basketball history will remember LeBron James as LeBron James and not as a Cleveland Cavalier.

Soooo weird watching Lebron drive the floor in a Lakers jersey, all enthusiastic and shit. I loved that he made the Cavs relevant and brought the chip, but I just can't root for the guy. At all.

Man...

Dude just looks fake as fuck to me in that jersey. Can't wait until they go on a 4 game losing streak and everyone is playing outside of their role.

LeBron will still get his stats, it's just hard to tell who's going to sacrifice. Kuzma will regress.

I hope the Warriors beat the shit out of them

Yeah I'm not on that side of things.

The Warriors are probably my most hated team in sports history. I think only the 2000 Ravens, 2005 Steelers match them. Curry and his gaggle of idiots represent to me, what Elway represented t my parents. ("Old Horseface").

The only time I would consider otherwise is if they were playing a 15 man roster of Steelers/Ravens players I hate the most. (Ray Lewis, Roethlisberger, etc)

Even then it would just be me hoping both would get into some stupid brawl.

I hold no ill-will towards LeBron.

I’m with Derek and, quite frankly, I don’t think much hope is needed that the Warriors wipe the floor with that horse abortion of a Lakers roster. Seems like a foregone conclusion to me.

By the way, the Warriors aren’t the Cavs rival and never were. They will be remembered historically as a rival of LeBron. Just like how basketball history will remember LeBron James as LeBron James and not as a Cleveland Cavalier.

I’m fairly certain the franchise he played 11 years for will always be associated with him. And his jersey will be in the rafters of the Q one day.

In any case maybe in Ohio and SF people would root for the Warriors to beat the Lakers but I’d venture to guess that most fans definitely wouldn’t. One team has five All NBA players. The other has one. The Warriors are the only team in NBA history that would be title favorites if their best player suffered a season ending injury. It’s a team so stacked that Vegas has set their odds to win a championship as greater than the rest of the NBA combined. I just can’t root for that type of team ever. In fact I think the biggest reason I became a regular poster here was that for some time the Cavs had the best and only chance of beating them.

Most people I know were dissapointed that LeBron didn’t go to Philly or Houston or somewhere where a team could be formed that could at least potentially end this horrible Warriors reign this year. The Lakers certainly won’t as presently constructed as you pointed out. But neither could the Cavs had LeBron stayed.

I have no reason to hate the Warriors now that they’re not preventing my team from winning a title.

They play a very aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball. I’m not going to root for them, but if you asking if I want the Lakers to beat them? Fuck no, fuck the Lakers. That’s the fan base I hate with their #FutureLaker bullshit with every good player for the last 10 years, and it pisses me off even more now that Bron came true for them. I have no ill will for Bron, but I want to see that fan base cry.

Only reason I tolerate the Celtics is because because I love Brad Stevens, and the way they play. Gordon Hayward and Al Horford are two of my favorite players to watch in the league.

Last edited:
Fuck the warriors. Draymond constantly dogs the city and their a bunch of pansies. I would root for whoever to always beat them. Don't get the vitriol for LeBron. Brought us a championship.

Fuck the warriors. Draymond constantly dogs the city and their a bunch of pansies. I would root for whoever to always beat them. Don't get the vitriol for LeBron. Brought us a championship.
Who has vitriol for LeBron?

I have no reason to hate the Warriors now that they’re not preventing my team from winning a title.

They play a very aesthetically pleasing brand of basketball. I’m not going to root for them, but if you asking if I want the Lakers to beat them? Fuck no, fuck the Lakers. That’s the fan base I hate with their #FutureLaker bullshit with every good player for the last 10 years, and it pisses me off even more now that Bron came true for them. I have no ill will for Bron, but I want to see that fan base cry.

Only reason I tolerate the Celtics is because because I love Brad Stevens, and the way they play. Gordon Hayward and Al Horford are two of my favorite players to watch in the league.

Who has vitriol for LeBron?

I think you are splitting hairs over the word "vitriol."

Hoping that a team that did prevent us from championships in the very recent past "beat [ s ] the shit out of" LeBron's team may not be "vitriolic" per se, but the intent is obvious.

Everything re: your statements on Purple & Gold Nation, while largely true, are as bad or worse for Dubheads.

I don't care for either franchise.

I don't hold as much of a grudge against the Lakers for whatever reason. We never got to play them when we "could" have during the 2008-2010 NBA Finals. I hate their fanbase but I don't care if LeBron wins them a title or not.

I don't think he will, which is fine. Him winning another title in LA has no bearing on the Cleveland Cavaliers organization unless somehow we win the east.

I do hold a grudge against the Warriors because the Durant signing cockblocked us from seeing another O'Brien trophy for the foreseeable future and caused a lot of problems with our franchise, the NBA as a whole.

Durant, Green, Curry and Thompson are the villains in this scenario to me.

I think you are splitting hairs over the word "vitriol."

Hoping that a team that did prevent us from championships in the very recent past "beat [ s ] the shit out of" LeBron's team may not be "vitriolic" per se, but the intent is obvious.

Everything re: your statements on Purple & Gold Nation, while largely true, are as bad or worse for Dubheads.

No, we’re not splitting hairs. I definitely have vitriol for the Lakers and their fan base. That’s not vitriol for LeBron though, I like him.

If the Lakers and their trash team somehow beat the Warriors it would be 100x worse than anything you’ve ever seen from Warriors fans, believe that.

Last edited:
Man...

Dude just looks fake as fuck to me in that jersey. Can't wait until they go on a 4 game losing streak and everyone is playing outside of their role.

LeBron will still get his stats, it's just hard to tell who's going to sacrifice. Kuzma will regress.
It is fake as fuck. Its repulsive. Ill avoid watching it as much as i can. Those shitty entitled fans dont deserve it. Just a disgusting situation.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."