• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Major League Baseball Postseason

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Wins the 2018 World Series?

• New York Yankees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oakland A's

• Chicago Cubs

• Atlanta Braves

• Colorado Rockies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bitch ass play.

Should rightfully be dotted in the next game.

Bitch ass play.

Should rightfully be dotted in the next game.

You think they'll do it right away or at a time when the game looks comfortably decided, one way or another?

You think they'll do it right away or at a time when the game looks comfortably decided, one way or another?

Or next year, but it will happen.

Hard slide at 2B would be another one. Wouldn’t hate seeing Aguilar pull a Belle/Vina.

It took a while after it happened, Joe Buck goes, "the more and more i look at it that seemed intentional." Ya think? Never really understood why people in the media are such bitches about calling shit like this out immediately. Another thing i guess i never realized is what a little turd Machado is.

It took a while after it happened, Joe Buck goes, "the more and more i look at it that seemed intentional." Ya think? Never really understood why people in the media are such bitches about calling shit like this out immediately. Another thing i guess i never realized is what a little turd Machado is.

Dodgers radio man and former Indian Orel Hershieser called it out immediately.

Was refreshing to hear, and you’re right on with how it’s addressed

The reason for that is guys like Buck, or Underwood for that matter, don’t spent much time in the clubhouse or understand those nuances.

They get a nice sit down with the manager, maybe some player availability pre game. But they’re not in there day in and day out like a beat writer would be.

Machado needs beaned right in the teeth. You can just tell hes a piece of shit,,look at his shitty hairdo. Piece....of....shit

Dodgers took the lead. Just great, grand times to be in LA. An LA/Boston WS will be unbearable. Good god. Who the hell to root for in that shitfest. Milwaukee has to win it all. Houston can take their cheating asses home to.

Think Boston caught a break last night on the Altuve HR that got called back. Not really a definitive angle out there, but it sure looked like Mookie's glove was over the wall into the stands attempting to make that catch.

Think the Astros push this to 7 games but the Red Sox take it.

Think Boston caught a break last night on the Altuve HR that got called back. Not really a definitive angle out there, but it sure looked like Mookie's glove was over the wall into the stands attempting to make that catch.

Think the Astros push this to 7 games but the Red Sox take it.

So is the rule that fan interference only applies to the field itself? If the play is over the wall, fans can do whatever they want?

I'm genuinely asking because the replay, to me, showed that Mookie was going to catch that ball and it honestly would have been one of the better defensive plays I've ever seen. I was bummed to be robbed of seeing that play.

I liked the call because it was, IMO, the far and away most likely outcome. Not only did the fans go for the ball, his glove was literally closed by a hand. If the rules are explicitly worded against that, however, I can see the frustration.

So is the rule that fan interference only applies to the field itself? If the play is over the wall, fans can do whatever they want?

I'm genuinely asking because the replay, to me, showed that Mookie was going to catch that ball and it honestly would have been one of the better defensive plays I've ever seen. I was bummed to be robbed of seeing that play.

I liked the call because it was, IMO, the far and away most likely outcome. Not only did the fans go for the ball, his glove was literally closed by a hand. If the rules are explicitly worded against that, however, I can see the frustration.

Here's the excerpt from the rule book:

No interference shall be allowed when a fielder reaches over a fence, railing, rope or into a stand to catch a ball. He does so at his own risk. However, should a spectator reach out on the playing field side of such fence, railing or rope, and plainly prevent the fielder from catching the ball, then the batsman should be called out for the spectator’s interference.

Now can the spectator do whatever they want- like swipe at Mookie's glove to knock the ball loose? I wouldn't think so, but given that the rule states "he does so at his own risk" it's hard to say exactly.

As far as him catching it being the most likely outcome, I don't think it's fair to make that assumption given the difficulty involved in making that catch from the "whip back" when the ball hits the glove, the impact with the fall, the wall, etc. We have seen plenty of players come down with that cleanly but we have also seen the ball come loose plenty of times as well.

Here's the excerpt from the rule book:

No interference shall be allowed when a fielder reaches over a fence, railing, rope or into a stand to catch a ball. He does so at his own risk. However, should a spectator reach out on the playing field side of such fence, railing or rope, and plainly prevent the fielder from catching the ball, then the batsman should be called out for the spectator’s interference.

Now can the spectator do whatever they want- like swipe at Mookie's glove to knock the ball loose? I wouldn't think so, but given that the rule states "he does so at his own risk" it's hard to say exactly.

As far as him catching it being the most likely outcome, I don't think it's fair to make that assumption given the difficulty involved in making that catch from the "whip back" when the ball hits the glove, the impact with the fall, the wall, etc. We have seen plenty of players come down with that cleanly but we have also seen the ball come loose plenty of times as well.

The "No interference shall be allowed" phrasing sticks out to me. It was pretty clear that his glove was pushed closed (albeit inadvertently from the looks of it) by fans. Does that constitute interference? I would say yes.

The "No interference shall be allowed" phrasing sticks out to me. It was pretty clear that his glove was pushed closed (albeit inadvertently from the looks of it) by fans. Does that constitute interference? I would say yes.

I believe it is saying that interference will not be called when an OF reaches over the fence/railing/out of play to pursue a ball.

At the end of the day, Joe West made a 50/50 call from a long ways away. I think whatever he called at the time would've been upheld because they didn't have a good enough angle to tell where the fan touched the wall. With all that said, I definitely think is was beyond the wall.

I believe it is saying that interference will not be called when an OF reaches over the fence/railing/out of play to pursue a ball.

Hmm. That's horribly ambiguous then. If that's the intention, then the umpire probably missed the call according to the rules.

Always blows my mind how poorly rules can be worded in multi-billion dollar industries like professional sports.

Nobody is happier about being involved in this than Joe West.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."