• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Buckeyes Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Purdue beating Ohio State? Was that like a decade ago or am I forgetting something.
2011 was their last win, had to look it up. I believe that was year of the Taxslayer.com bowl

OSU dropped to 6-4 (3-3) with the loss while Purdue went to 5-5 (3-3) and ended winning the Little Caesar's Bowl to finish the year 7-6.

2009 is the year @Lee is talking about though

2011 was their last win, had to look it up. I believe that was year of the Taxslayer.com bowl

OSU dropped to 6-4 (3-3) with the loss while Purdue went to 5-5 (3-3) and ended winning the Little Caesar's Bowl to finish the year 7-6.
OSU lost that game because of a blocked extra point. That entire season was just a complete clusterfuck.

Purdue beating Ohio State? Was that like a decade ago or am I forgetting something.

2011. It is of note because it was the last time my Mom visited me when OSU and Purdue played. We also won in 2009.

Due to scheduling, Purdue and OSU have not played each other a ton over the last decade.

Purdue and OSU have only played twice since the last time Purdue beat OSU in 2011, Purdue seems to typically play OSU tough, especially in West Lafayette.

2009 is the year @Lee is talking about though

I am actually confusing the two in my head, 2011 and 2009. My mom was here for the 2011 year, but I blended both victories together. Like I said always a bitter sweat year.

Now the 2000 year was not a conflict. We ended up playing in the Rose Bowl, but purdue had a legit top 10 team that year and was Brees' senior year. That was the year of the 90 yard touchdown pass to my friend Vinnie and I went nuts watching it. But that was the last team I felt Purdue had to make a splash on the national stage.

That was the worst team OSU fielded in like 90 years.

That was the worst team OSU fielded in like 90 years.

It was really something to come to Ohio State as a freshman and see Fickell and the gang struggle through the year all the way to seeing a national title as a senior. Hell, going from terrible lost season to undefeated* wasn't half bad either.

Michigan getting some traction now. Anyone think this is finally the year? :chuckle:

Feel like we do this every year. Media starts to buy in and tell everyone OSU will lose.

Michigan getting some traction now. Anyone think this is finally the year? :chuckle:

Feel like we do this every year. Media starts to buy in and tell everyone OSU will lose.
Michigan just beat their first ranked team in about a century.

Time to freak out about it :chuckle:

I think that their defense is really good. It could create a lot of problems for OSU. The problem with their team is the inability to generate an offense under Harbaugh. The path for the Wolverines to win would be to exploit a shaky OSU D and force them to be one dimensional on offense. If that happens, then the chances for an upset are there even in Columbus.

I think that their defense is really good. It could create a lot of problems for OSU. The problem with their team is the inability to generate an offense under Harbaugh. The path for the Wolverines to win would be to exploit a shaky OSU D and force them to be one dimensional on offense. If that happens, then the chances for an upset are there even in Columbus.
I can easily see a repeat of 2013. Because OSU's secondary was trash in 2013, they played uber aggressive vs Michigan, and got killed on throwbacks and misdirections, as well as Gardner running. This Michigan team is more than capable of that, and has a better D. Unless we make major strides on Defense, I think it's a pick 'em game.

Was so absurd the way they lost that northwestern game earlier in the year.

But no, I don’t think OSU would survive a Purdue loss without some substantial help afterwards.

It’s possible they’d still get in, but the road would be far more difficult.

Already uneasy about this game, so I’m going to bet OSU -13 and let it ride. This is how I felt for Alabama and Oregon in 14 and it worked out pretty well.

I think OSU could lose this game and don’t understand why you bet on it.

I really hope this is the game we play better. I think this one will be very close. Hope to eat crow! Can’t bet against the buckeyes - against my values.

The thing that annoys me the most is that we are in Year 7 of the Meyer Era, and we STILL do not make adjustments until after we lose a game. We'll go WEEKS with a glaring issue and do nothing about it until after we lose. THEN the adjustment is made. Whether it is playcalling. Or scheme. Or personnel. It's fucking ridiculous to see this shit play out every single year.

The OL hasn't been able to run block all year. The LB and DB play have been garbage all year. What happened tonight wasn't anything new.

Urban needs to be willing to tell his assistants to make an adjustment BEFORE we lose a damn game. If they refuse, fire them and find someone who will.

This shit shouldn't be happening. We've had multiple years now where playoff chances were lost because we ignored an issue instead of fucking dealing with it. Inexcusable.

The thing that annoys me the most is that we are in Year 7 of the Meyer Era, and we STILL do not make adjustments until after we lose a game. We'll go WEEKS with a glaring issue and do nothing about it until after we lose. THEN the adjustment is made. Whether it is playcalling. Or scheme. Or personnel. It's fucking ridiculous to see this shit play out every single year.

The OL hasn't been able to run block all year. The LB and DB play have been garbage all year. What happened tonight wasn't anything new.

Urban needs to be willing to tell his assistants to make an adjustment BEFORE we lose a damn game. If they refuse, fire them and find someone who will.

This shit shouldn't be happening. We've had multiple years now where playoff chances were lost because we ignored an issue instead of fucking dealing with it. Inexcusable.

Also this year feels like the first time that this isn't at all an Urban Meyer offense. I guess the suspension has alot to do with that but no aspects of a typical Urban run game seem to be installed into the offense.

Also the defense feels like they have jump back in time. Tuf Borland and Pete Werner just seem like big slow linebackers that wouldn't have a place on this defense 2 years ago. Pete Werner especially has never jumped out to show the apparent speed he has as a converted safety. During Urbans time here they have really made the linebacking group into a group that were fast and could make up space when needed. This group seems like the complete opposite.

Lastly I thought they turned the corner on how they were executing screens last week. Having Haskins leading the receiver so they could get a head of steam, but it seems like they are back to making the receiver constantly turn to catch the ball.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."