• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Browns 2018 Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm curious on what parts were unattractive in January 2018 that would deter potential coaches?
We didn't have have Baker, Ward, Landry, Chubb, Randall, or Harrison, and Garrett had played less than full season and been injured.

I'm curious on what parts were unattractive in January 2018 that would deter potential coaches?

Going 1-31 with Hue who is (maybe was) actually respected around the league. And the uncertainty of who Dorsey would take and how that QB (that turned out to be Baker) would look in 2018.

Last edited:
We didn't have have Baker, Ward, Landry, Chubb, Randall, or Harrison, and Garrett had played less than full season and been injured.

But we could've easily gotten all of those guys regardless on who the coach was. Baker and Ward were gonna be available where we piked them no matter who we hired. So was Chubb who was passed on in the first round. We traded for and re-signed Landry. Would've still happened with any other coach. No limitations there. Randall was all Dorsey. Harrison was all Dorsey and co. So really the only uncertainty is Myles Garrett's health and I find that hard to be the deciding factor on getting a quality coach in here.

But we could've easily gotten all of those guys regardless on who the coach was. Baker and Ward were gonna be available where we piked them no matter who we hired. So was Chubb who was passed on in the first round. We traded for and re-signed Landry. Would've still happened with any other coach. No limitations there. Randall was all Dorsey. Harrison was all Dorsey and co. So really the only uncertainty is Myles Garrett's health and I find that hard to be the deciding factor on getting a quality coach in here.
But we didn't have any of those things yet. All we had was a 1-31 roster and an owner known for firing coaches quickly.

You're asking a coach to have faith that we'd make good moves, which I can understand why they didn't.

A respected coach that isn't going to make draft selections isn't going to come here in hopes that Dorsey nails a draft and gives him something to work with.

But we didn't have any of those things yet. All we had was a 1-31 roster and an owner known for firing coaches quickly.

You're asking a coach to have faith that we'd make good moves, which I can understand why they didn't.

John Dorsey made those moves. You would be asking a coach who Dorsey picks to have faith in him. I don't think that would be hard.

Ok, thank you.

Same difference to my point, a proven coach likes working with him. I like Dorsey allot, I think he could be a top 5 gm in this league if given proper control. I know he got in a fight with ownership in KC that cost him his job, but you look at his last 3 year track record between 2 teams and its probably the best 3 years in the entire NFL.
He put the chiefs in cap hell, that's why he was canned.

So when do we get our weekly apology from the NFL on their mistakes against us?

Such cap hell that they he drafted the best young qb, got value players like Hill and they are 6-1 and one of the favorites to make it to the superbowl?
What does this have to do with cap hell for being the reason he was fired?

He put the chiefs in cap hell, that's why he was canned.

He did? They signed Sammy Watkins for 30 million guaranteed, signed Anthony Hitchens & Orlando Scandrick. And they have over 5 million in cap space still.

What does this have to do with cap hell for being the reason he was fired?

Because there is a hard cap, if you have a true contender like the Chiefs are, then there is no such thing as cap hell.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."