• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Potential 2019 Head coaches for the Browns

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
How realistic of a scenario is this though? He had a chance to hiring a new defensive coordinator this year and went with Pettine. I just don't know what innovative coaches he would bring on here if GB let him go.

Pettine has been pretty good, man. They have been crushed with injuries on that side of the ball, though.

I guess I just dislike hiring a guy because of his floor rather than his ceiling. You know what you're getting with McCarthy. A mediocre coach who isn't going to outperform his roster, and will make all the little time and adjustment mistakes we've seen for the past twenty years from all of our coaching hires. That's just underwhelming to me.

I guess I just dislike hiring a guy because of his floor rather than his ceiling. You know what you're getting with McCarthy. A mediocre coach who isn't going to outperform his roster, and will make all the little time and adjustment mistakes we've seen for the past twenty years from all of our coaching hires. That's just underwhelming to me.

How great has their ability to get him an o line been? How great of a running back do they have? Why are they trading Clinton dix already?

How great has their ability to get him an o line been? How great of a running back do they have? Why are they trading Clinton dix already?

Look, their teams have obviously not been assembled the best, but if you watch McCarthy's scheme, what stands out is that it's boring. There's not a lot of movement. It's very static and predictable. It's a scheme that's a decade past its prime and needs to be put out to pasture, and he'd likely bring something similar here and it would be equally out of touch with the modern NFL.

Hard pass.

TIL watching the Packers offense is boring.

TIL watching the Packers offense is boring.

It's not so much that the offense is boring but that the scheme is boring and predictable. Rodgers is an inherently exciting player, but that doesn't mean the scheme is great.

Mike Pettine was the Browns 8th choice and the Browns made him pay for his ticket to the interview and he had to treat them to lunch.

In spite of all of this @Soda insisted he was a terrific hire and that Pettine’s usage of the phrase “bitch kitties” to describe defensive players wasn’t lame af.

Mike Pettine was the Browns 8th choice and the Browns made him pay for his ticket to the interview and he had to treat them to lunch.

In spite of all of this @Soda insisted he was a terrific hire and that Pettine’s usage of the phrase “bitch kitties” to describe defensive players wasn’t lame af.

I still think that Pettine, while being not a great HC, was better than Hue, Chud, and Shurmur. That makes him the best Browns coach since Mangenius! :chuckle:

I still think that Pettine, while being not a great HC, was better than Hue, Chud, and Shurmur. That makes him the best Browns coach since Mangenius! :chuckle:

7-4!!!!

Well Hue is literally the worst Browns coach of all-time (and the worst in modern NFL history as well), so everyone is better than him.

Anyway, the question I would ask is this...

Does anyone honestly think Mike McCarthy gets the most out of the guys playing for him?

Because if you answer no like I did, why the fuck would we even consider it?

Anyway, the question I would ask is this...

Does anyone honestly think Mike McCarthy gets the most out of the guys playing for him?

Because if you answer no like I did, why the fuck would we even consider it?

I’d say he gets the most out of guys like ARod, Adams, Jordy, Bahktiari, Lindsey, etc

They’ve developed a ton of good talent over there on the offensive side of the ball.

That’s going to translate anywhere.

I’ll take that over the false illusions that someone else is going to meet the subjective goal of “getting the most out of players.”

I’d say he gets the most out of guys like ARod, Adams, Jordy, Bahktiari, Lindsey, etc

They’ve developed a ton of good talent over there on the offensive side of the ball.

That’s going to translate anywhere.

I’ll take that over the false illusions that someone else is going to meet the subjective goal of “getting the most out of players.”

I'd rather take the chance on someone fresh than go with someone who lost the respect of one of the greatest QBs of all-time. We need to hire someone to shepherd Mayfield's development, and is that really the guy who even Aaron Rodgers felt didn't get the most out of him or his teammates?

I do love the idea of the Arians/Campbell combo.

That's option A. to me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."