• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Potential 2019 Head coaches for the Browns

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Donovan made an interesting point on the past Ken Carman.

He said that Dorsey/Browns are probably looking at Pro Coaches for their 1st, 2nd and 3rd options.

He made a point that although they can be good/talented? It takes a bit for a college coach to get the hang of the pro-game. Even cited Jimmy Johnson as an example of this, how it took him some time.

And I don't disagree.

It's not that I don't see Campbell and Riley as potential good coaches. It just feels like those very same coaches would have been better to have before we drafted Baker rather than now.

They were rallying around Hue after the Bengals game.

Winning rallies people. This is irrelevant stuff for me, theyre going to rally after a win since they’re generally so bad.

I want to see consistently good football and progression.

Seems like they’ve simplified the offense for Mayfield thus far into Kitchens’s tenure.

I want to see the next steps now.

They were rallying around Hue after the Bengals game.

Winning rallies people. This is irrelevant stuff for me, theyre going to rally after a win since they’re generally so bad.

I want to see consistently good football and progression.

Seems like they’ve simplified the offense for Mayfield thus far into Kitchens’s tenure.

I want to see the next steps now.

This x 1000.

Guys like to win.

Guys really like to win when they've done nothing but lose, which most of these guys have.

This certainly isn't some indication that Greggggg deserves the head coaching gig on a full time basis.

Meant it more as in I couldn’t imagine anyone hugging, slapping Hue because he’d want the spotlight on himself.

Baker is the culture. I agree we need the best HC and coordinators we can get.

Meant it more as in I couldn’t imagine anyone hugging, slapping Hue because he’d want the spotlight on himself.

Baker is the culture. I agree we need the best HC and coordinators we can get.

Well yeah.

That's the guy you attempt to build a brick wall around to protect, cater an offense that suits his skills (read: West Coast) and get him the best weapons possible.

Seriously, people.

What’s wrong with you all?

I see people, after two games, willing to consider Gregg Williams as a long term candidate?

This is what Hue has turned you into.

We can do better, trust me.

I don’t even think Gregg wants to be a HC, for what it’s worth.

Bro, I'm not seriously suggesting he should get it just yet. I'm just saying why not let the season play out, and at the very least consider him. That's it. Nothing more.

Trust me, he's far from my first option. But if we continue to win and look good. You got to at least consider him. At the very least.

Bro, I'm not seriously suggesting he should get it just yet. I'm just saying why not let the season play out, and at the very least consider him. That's it. Nothing more.

Trust me, he's far from my first option. But if we continue to win and look good. You got to at least consider him. At the very least.

He shouldn’t be considered because of his body of work with the defense over the last two seasons.

#Browns GM John Dorsey said Gregg Williams will get interviewed for head coaching position. "I think he deserves that." Dorsey said let's see what happens in next six games with OC Freddie Kitchens, but I think he's done a heck of a job— Nate Ulrich (@ByNateUlrich) November 14, 2018
Dorsey: Are you still Gregg Williams?

Williams: Yes

Dorsey: Thanks. That'll conclude the interview. We'll be in touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."