• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Indians 2018-2019 Offseason Outlook

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Jim Bowden proposed this trade:

Trevor Bauer to Dodgers for Alex Verdugo, Joc Pederson and Alex Wood

Don't think it's remotely realistic, but that would be a phenomenal return IMO. For a former GM, his trade ideas/articles aren't very good.

Wood is a one year rental, Pederson is two years away from FA and mostly a platoon player. If you make that deal, you better be sure Verdugo is a future star.

I'm holding out for Bellinger or Seager.

Wood is a one year rental, Pederson is two years away from FA and mostly a platoon player. If you make that deal, you better be sure Verdugo is a future star.

And Bauer is a two year rental.

Sure, Pederson is a platoon player but he's still going to get you 450 PAs and 20+ HR a year. He's instantly the best offensive player in the OF by a wide margin.

I think it really boils down to what the Indians are looking to accomplish by trading one of their starting pitchers.

If the goal is "field the best possible team in 2019 in an effort to win the World Series" then Verdugo/Pederson/Wood certainly isn't the worst they could do.

If the goal is "get the best long-term package you can" then Verdugo-Pederson-Wood obviously isn't that.

And Bauer is a two year rental.

Sure, Pederson is a platoon player but he's still going to get you 450 PAs and 20+ HR a year. He's instantly the best offensive player in the OF by a wide margin.

Bauer is a two year rental that is far superior and more valuable than any of the players in that proposed deal.

Bauer is a two year rental that is far superior and more valuable than any of the players in that proposed deal.

Good thing it's not Bauer for Wood, or Bauer for Verdugo, or Bauer for Pederson then. It's Bauer for all of them.

Trading Bauer is best for business.

Kluber needs to stay.

I would rather trade Kluber than Bauer.
Mine as well trade them both then because Bauer will never take a Cookie Carrasco discount. Trevor will be looking to get paid and Indians wont even weigh him as a long term solution.

Trade him now while his stock is greater than it ever was.

Trading Bauer is best for business.

Kluber needs to stay.
I think the odds seem to favor a bauer trade, since he is insistent on getting paid market value. Kluber and Carrasco don't mind playing in the small market.

Beginning packages for me with Kluber/Bauer:

LAA: Jo Adell and Jahmai Jones
SD: Fernando Tatis Jr. and Mackenzie Gore
CIN: Nick Senzel and Taylor Trammel
WAS: Victor Robles and Luis Garcia
ATL: Austin Riley and two of Kyle Wright, Mike Soroka, Ian Anderson, Touki Toussaint
OAK: Matt Chapman straight up, or Jesus Lazardo, Sean Murphy and Austin Beck
LAD: Cody Bellinger or Corey Seager + lower level prospect
CHI: Ian Happ and Alex Lange

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."