• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Potential 2019 Head coaches for the Browns

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
The offense seemed pretty modern at the time with kap running zone reads. I know he’s been old school at Michigan but he seemed ahead of the curve in San Fran. He didn’t exactly have a drop back accurate spread the field qb to work with.

That was mostly Roman.

When he has Smith, it was much more traditional, boring and old tyme

Couldn't get him talent?

In his first years as VP, Baalke drafted Dixon, Iupati and Navarro Bowman.

Then got Aldon Smith, Kaep and Kilgore in Yr 2

Those Harbaugh teams were loaded and their defense was fantastic.

He was a creep who players hated.

Sauces?

That was mostly Roman.

When he has Smith, it was much more traditional, boring and old tyme

Someone debunks something you say and just got back to a few years earlier to show how the game has passed him by.

“Jim, I had a lot of respect for Jim when I was there – before I got to know him,” Jacobs said on CBS Sports Radio. “I enjoyed my time there, but we didn’t see eye-to-eye.”

“I knew a little bit more about football than what they led on,” Jacobs continued. “Going somewhere where they don’t have route conversions into certain coverages was just absurd. They’re just running routes in the defense, getting people killed. Size and strength is what they had, and that’s why they won. Let’s be real. They had great assistant coaches, but Jim didn’t know what he was doing. Jim had no idea. Jim is throwing slants into Cover-2 safeties, getting people hurt. That guy knew nothing, man.”

How can anyone that has watched Harbaugh at Michigan honestly be interested in him as a coach? His offense is archaic, vanilla and just generally shitty. The only good part about that program is their defense, which Jim Harbaugh has zero involvement with.

Dude's career was made by Andrew Luck being a generational College QB and Kaep's legs.

He's not a good coach, at all. And he's a douche. I can't think of a worse fit for the Browns & for Baker.

For some reason, fans — whom are impartial and have no investment in Harbaugh — literally refuse to believe that he just isn’t that good of a coach and it’s bewildering to me.

Like, people just wont let go of the super bowl birth; but no one cares that he isn’t the only coach in the big 10 who’s accomplished that.

Shit blows my mind. Guy is going to keep churning out 9-3/8-4 seasons and the masses will continue to apologize for him.

Would be super excited for Baker to start handing off to Dan Vitale more.

SPIKE LOVES POWER-I!

Ah yes, the most outspoken guy against him played a whole two games, a combined 5 carries for 7 yards, and definitely doesn't hold any kind of grudge for any reason.

JLawOK.gif

I was a Harbaugh supporter when he was coaching at Stanford and thought his career was going places. Then one of his own former assistant coaches told me a few stories. He has a short shelf life running a program for a reason. Eventually the players see through bullshit. BTW if his preachy Twitter seemed weird, he became devoutly Christian after his coaching stint in San Diego ended, mostly because he got caught cheating multiple times by his first wife. He is good enough to be a coach but I don't want him anywhere near the Browns.

Can anyone explain why Arians wants to coach the Browns so much?

Its like one of the hottest girls in school comes out and says she wants to go to prom with you. Sure you say yes, but part of you has to ask why me.

And this is not just recent, he has wanted to coach the Browns for years.

Edit: Does it have to do with him being the OC that took us the playoffs here in 2002 and loves the fans?

Last edited:
Edit: Does it have to do with him being the OC that took us the playoffs here in 2002 and loves the fans?
Yep. He identified with the fans, and absolutely wants to be the guy to lead them back to dominance.

Reactions: Lee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."