• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2019 NBA Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Has the thread been scrubbed of early season posts about Cam yet? Or are we gonna give him a few more games?

He’s been really disappointing. Think he may be pressing a bit too, which isn’t helping.

Last edited:
Has the thread been scrubbed of early season posts about Cam yet? Or are we gonna give him a few more games?

If you've been watching the games, any idea how he's getting 3 or 4 turnovers every night recently? That's odd and frightening for a guy who mainly hangs back and shoots threes.

I'm jumping on the Nassir Little bandwagon...he's playing better than Reddish.

He’s been really disappointing. Think he may be pressing a bit too, which isn’t helping.

I'm with Dan on this one.

I see more and more people are getting on the Culver bandwagon.

Texas Tech plays Duke 12/20. If he has a good game there I can see him being more widely viewed as a top 10 player, if not even higher. I'd have him 5th or 6th right now.

Reddish I think I won't end up digging as deep into the numbers on him, just because his role is likely far different than what he'll be in the NBA if a top 3 pick is used on him. 60%+ of his shots are coming from three, so the inconsistency isn't surprising. I agree he's definitely been pressing and trying to do too much too often... driving into multiple defenders without any floor spacing.

If you've been watching the games, any idea how he's getting 3 or 4 turnovers every night recently? That's odd and frightening for a guy who mainly hangs back and shoots threes.

I finally got the updated play charting sheet last night....looks like they were logged as dribble decisions.

1- Right wing, dribble drive left, stripped by help side big man.
2- Transition steal. Sees trail man on break. Defender cuts off passing lane as he picks up his dribble and jumps. He's stuck in mid air. Throws it away.
3 - Left corner catch, baseline drive left, stripped by help side big man.

I can try to dig up the plays......but looks like 2 of the 3 were just him having the ball taken away from him off the dribble. (2) might have been quick reaction from a trailing defender.

I finally got the updated play charting sheet last night....looks like they were logged as dribble decisions.

2- Transition steal. Sees trail man on break. Defender cuts off passing lane as he picks up his dribble and jumps. He's stuck in mid air. Throws it away.

I can try to dig up the plays......but looks like 2 of the 3 were just him having the ball taken away from him off the dribble. (2) might have been quick reaction from a trailing defender.

Pretty wild...he had the potential to be hyper-efficient as the 4th option ballhandler on a loaded team, and so far he's kinda blowing it. Seems like he's a year or two away from being more than a 3&D guy at the college level, let alone at the NBA level.

Am I the only one that thinks Nassir is a 4?

He has a similar gait and body to Anunoby. Though, his BLK numbers are low unfortunately. How is his potential as a defender at the 4?

Am I the only one that thinks Nassir is a 4?

He has a similar gait and body to Anunoby. Though, his BLK numbers are low unfortunately. How is his potential as a defender at the 4?

I think he has potential as a small-ball 4. Really high offensive rebound rate, which is usually a good indicator of functional strength/athleticism in the paint. Would obviously like to see him block a shot or two though...he hasn't blocked a shot in 7 straight games now, which is hard to believe given his reputation.

I swear it seems like he loses the ball more often than not on drives from what I've seen. I think it's a combination of a few things... weak hands, just an average handle (it's good for a wing though probably), and a weak core. He loses his balance just as often as he loses the ball.

I swear it seems like he loses the ball more often than not on drives from what I've seen. I think it's a combination of a few things... weak hands, just an average handle (it's good for a wing though probably), and a weak core. He loses his balance just as often as he loses the ball.

I don't think he's a bad ball handler, I think it is just his athletic limitations manifesting.

The thing that stands out on Cam's ball handling is that he has a really hard time adjusting off the dribble.

If he is given a small window, he can generally get through it. He still has trouble finishing over length but he can at least squeeze a shot or pass off....and on occasion, will finish in a plus way.

If he is cut off, he is incredibly uncoordinated and cannot channel enough athleticism to make an adjustment. He'll just grind to a halt in no man's land and that is when he loses the ball. Situations where someone like Barrett will Euro step, adjust and finish with his other hand, etc.

Cam can either work on his functional athleticism on the move (a lot harder) or he can work on his intermediate finishing (a lot easier). In instances where he can't comfortably get to the rim, he needs to develop the two dribble pull up, some sort of floater or utilize his step back more often.

Cam could use another year from what I see but I don't think it's hopeless. He just needs to initially go to a team that has a #1.....so he can grow in to some of the things he needs to grow in to, while still contributing right away off the ball.

Keldon Johnson having a dud of a game vs Seton Hall. Has anyone watched Kentucky lately? I haven't watched them since preseason because they've faced garbage opponents.

Sounds like Keldon has been completely lost off the ball, and his poor steal/block rates are a product of that.

Who knows, if PJ Washington keeps shooting it well, he may end up being their top prospect this year even if it sounds far-fetched right now.

Damn Reddish is having another poor shooting game so far vs Yale at 1/5 in the first half, Zion has five points on five shots, RJ has 12 on 4/8.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."