• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kevin Love - Miami Ground Machine

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Kevin Love a Hero for Saving a Dog?

• Yes

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Too Right!

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Hotter than Jimmy G

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Jim Chones

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
That might be scary (in a bad way), rookie /developing Sexton plus McColum and Clarkson would be Chuck City... Good luck for the other guys getting a shot...
Clarkson needs to go.

Clarkson needs to go.

They are pumping him for next year's deadline.

I want to be fair to Jordan. He has improved his shooting, getting more lift on his shots especially his 3. He is also a guy that can be useful, but I think he is better off the ball. Now that Burks is handling the ball more he has been a lot better. I am hoping that this continues and improves with Delly and maybe we can get something for Clarkson.

Some of us keep talking about a JR and Houston trade; I wonder if we gave them Love and JR for Gordon, Knight, Carmelo and a couple 1st rounders.

I could certainly see that being a beneficial trade for both sides, especially with how Gordon is playing this year for them. Pairing Love with Harden and Paul might give that team new life.

Some of us keep talking about a JR and Houston trade; I wonder if we gave them Love and JR for Gordon, Knight, Carmelo and a couple 1st rounders.

I could certainly see that being a beneficial trade for both sides, especially with how Gordon is playing this year for them. Pairing Love with Harden and Paul might give that team new life.

I don't know if Love fits Houston's style of play. He would slow them down. Gordon is an important piece for them and including him for Love doesn't make them that much better. They really need to stock back up on wings.

I don't know if Love fits Houston's style of play. He would slow them down. Gordon is an important piece for them and including him for Love doesn't make them that much better. They really need to stock back up on wings.
He's a stretch 4 who'd look great next to Capela and would open up things dramatically for their offense. Gordon is terrible for them this year; he's actively hurting them, especially with how much he shoots.

The truth is that the Rockets are in a bad way right now. Paul is already showing signs of regression and he's occupying a significant part of their cap for the next 4 years. They lost key role players who helped them match up with Golden State and the Carmelo experiment was, predictably, an utter disaster.

You have to commend them for being one of the few teams in the league willing to take a shot at the Warriors, but they missed that shot in what's looking like a 1-year window.

They might right the ship a little as the season goes on, but it's clear that as presently constructed they're not going to reach the heights they ascended last year. Love would shake things up for them and JR would help with their miserable cap situation. Giving them Love would also make it easier for them to part with 1st rounders.

If they're serious about trying to contend then they need to do something fast, and Love might be the only guy available who can help them in that capacity.

He's a stretch 4 who'd look great next to Capela and would open up things dramatically for their offense. Gordon is terrible for them this year; he's actively hurting them, especially with how much he shoots.

The truth is that the Rockets are in a bad way right now. Paul is already showing signs of regression and he's occupying a significant part of their cap for the next 4 years. They lost key role players who helped them match up with Golden State and the Carmelo experiment was, predictably, an utter disaster.

You have to commend them for being one of the few teams in the league willing to take a shot at the Warriors, but they missed that shot in what's looking like a 1-year window.

They might right the ship a little as the season goes on, but it's clear that as presently constructed they're not going to reach the heights they ascended last year. Love would shake things up for them and JR would help with their miserable cap situation. Giving them Love would also make it easier for them to part with 1st rounders.

If they're serious about trying to contend then they need to do something fast, and Love might be the only guy available who can help them in that capacity.

I think if they had a more traditional coach and system that Love would be perfect for them. I thought having Ariza, Luc Mbah a Moute, and PJ Tucker was a big part of their success against the warriors. They had the rotation of players to defend Durant but they were also switchable enough to defend the rest of the warriors.

I wouldn't mind trading Love to Houston, if they succeed or not doesn't really make the difference to the Cavs. I just don't see them giving up the same package as a team like Denver or Portland who I think Love makes alot more sense for.

I think there is a reason that Houston didn't get Butler even though they were reportly willing to give up 4 1st round picks. Other GMs know how smart Morey is and he has always figured out creative ways to improve their team. They will have Harden for the foreseeable future, he will figure out how to put the pieces around him to be competitive, even with the CP3 deal.

Last edited:
Dumping Love will be the true coup for Altman. The last thing the Cavs need is this dude coming back to screw up the draft pick, only to be hurt again.

If they can't trade him, hold him out.

Dumping Love will be the true coup for Altman. The last thing the Cavs need is this dude coming back to screw up the draft pick, only to be hurt again.

If they can't trade him, hold him out.
I do not think Love alone could screw up the tank, he is not going to carry this team on his back....he would break it

The “coup” would have been not signing Love to a gigantic five year contract extension! Are we really going to talk about Love like he’s some inexplicable legacy from a past regime when Koby just extended him like, weeks ago?

Giving him a contract that pays him $30 million through his mid-30s makes him that much harder to trade.

Giving him a contract that pays him $30 million through his mid-30s makes him that much harder to trade.
Which is why it would be a 'brilliant, sudden, and usually highly successful stroke or act' by Altman to pull off a Love trade.

I think Love would help Sexton and Cedi grow as players by taking away some of the scoring responsibilities and freeing up the paint for Sexton to drive.

Young players have a better chance to grow when the team isn't down by 20 before half time. Love can help with that.

Really don't think 2018 Love is going to hurt this tank, there's too much momentum for him to stop it. I'm all in favor of trading him in the offseason or before the deadline next year. By then Zion/whoever will make him much more easier to part with.

I think Love would help Sexton and Cedi grow as players by taking away some of the scoring responsibilities and freeing up the paint for Sexton to drive.

Young players have a better chance to grow when the team isn't down by 20 before half time. Love can help with that.

Really don't think 2018 Love is going to hurt this tank, there's too much momentum for him to stop it. I'm all in favor of trading him in the offseason or before the deadline next year. By then Zion/whoever will make him much more easier to part with.

Honestly believe that TT being out for even a short while keeps the tank alive. and again, after the break... the top tier and cusp teams are going to be jockeying for position, so we won't be getting games like that Rockets game or that Wizards game anymore

Honestly believe that TT being out for even a short while keeps the tank alive. and again, after the break... the top tier and cusp teams are going to be jockeying for position, so we won't be getting games like that Rockets game or that Wizards game anymore
TT being out will hopefully help Zizic find his inner Wilt.

"The Los Angeles Lakers, Utah Jazz, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers, and Miami Heat have called Cleveland to inquire for Love."

https://fastbreakdaily.com/2018/12/20/five-teams-cavaliers-kevin-love/

"While the Cleveland Cavaliers have reportedly listened to trade offers for All-Star power forward Kevin Love, an in-season trade is unlikely to occur due to the size of Love’s contract, according to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders.

...Teams with interest in Kevin Love would likely want to see him play first before they make the move. But considering Love’s age, injury history, and contract, it’s hard to see a team taking the risk and trading for him during the middle of the season."

https://cavsnation.com/rumors-cavs-...de-offers-in-season-trade-unlikely-to-happen/

I really hope he doesn't go to the Lakers. I have never liked them, and for both Love and James to be on that team...I mean, I'd have to kind of root for them. That's just wrong. :D

"The Los Angeles Lakers, Utah Jazz, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers, and Miami Heat have called Cleveland to inquire for Love."

https://fastbreakdaily.com/2018/12/20/five-teams-cavaliers-kevin-love/

"While the Cleveland Cavaliers have reportedly listened to trade offers for All-Star power forward Kevin Love, an in-season trade is unlikely to occur due to the size of Love’s contract, according to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders.

...Teams with interest in Kevin Love would likely want to see him play first before they make the move. But considering Love’s age, injury history, and contract, it’s hard to see a team taking the risk and trading for him during the middle of the season."

https://cavsnation.com/rumors-cavs-...de-offers-in-season-trade-unlikely-to-happen/

I really hope he doesn't go to the Lakers. I have never liked them, and for both Love and James to be on that team...I mean, I'd have to kind of root for them. That's just wrong. :D

Steve Kyler as their source? You dont have to worry then.

Reactions: mhi

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."