• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Indians 2018-2019 Offseason Outlook

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
With all that said, IMO, there is much more "pressure" to nail this trade. The Indians are still in a window of contention, despite what some people on hear think. They have to get a return that can impact the team both now and in the coming years.

In 2008, CC was 100% gone in 3 months and the Indians were 13 and 13.5 games back from the White Sox and Twins. The Indians were then really bad in 2009 and 2010 when Lee was still under contract and no chance they were going to compete with the $120m deal he got from the Phillies.

Imagine if we had chosen Taylor Green over Brantley. We done good.
Was that the other choice in PTBNL? I've always wondered who they had their pick of but never thought something like that would be public knowledge.

Was that the other choice in PTBNL? I've always wondered who they had their pick of but never thought something like that would be public knowledge.

Correct.

But you are correct, the fact it is made public is strange. Doesn't usually happen.

I think that's definitely true whether most people know it or not.

They ARE going to be disappointed in every trade. They want Kluber and Bauer, or CC and Cliff Lee to be Indians and match their production forever.

The old Rick Pitino adage of "he ain't walkin through that door" comes to mind.

You can either desperately hang on to the past, or continue building for the future. I understand that fans have issue with change, but its kill or be killed.

People are only really seem to be interested in instant gratification anymore, no patience.

Anyone that complains about trades of high value players should always remember the Bartolo trade (wish they would have been more patient with Phillips though) because that was haul. A move like that which hits on every player can set a team up so they have a multi year window to be successful / contend

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."