• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Browns 2018 Season Reboot Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Barkley is awesome, but you take a franchise QB over a franchise RB literally 100% of the time. There was no world where taking Barkley first was a good move. If he falls to four, whatever, but you take your guy at QB first.

Let us not forget that a team will get literally half the work out of a RB picked #1 than a successful QB at #1.

Baker, if he continues on this trajectory, will be in the NFL into the 2030s.

Barkley will likely be halfway through his career by the time the Giants are in contention again.

Last edited:
I wanted Barkley at 4, but I can't think of a situation where that would have happened.

If you'd have went Barkley at 1? Congrats. You have Josh Allen handing him the ball this season

Because Baker was coveted by everyone from the Jets to the Patriots on their draft boards.

The Chubb V. Ward debate is equally as stupid because Ward has been playing out of his mind this entire season.

If you'd have went Barkley at 1? Congrats. You have Josh Allen handing him the ball this season
Using both top five picks on running backs would have been pretty extreme

120px-Transparent_Trollface2.png

I mean, if its fully torn, I guess it doesnt really matter, it's not like he can tear if further. Just gotta plan through the pain.

Im sorry, but its absolutely stupid for Ogunjobi to be playing .

He should start the healing process ASAP so he can have as much of a productive off-season as possible in my opinion.

I wanted Barkley at 4, but I can't think of a situation where that would have happened.

Because Baker was coveted by everyone from the Jets to the Patriots on their draft boards.

The Chubb V. Ward debate is equally as stupid because Ward has been playing out of his mind this entire season.

Chubb vs Ward is not equally stupid. I am fine with taking Ward, he is playing great and a true #1 corner is very important. But Chubb is playing great and having bookend edge pass rushers would be nice too.

Not taking the best QB on the board when you need a QB is so much more stupid of a debate than valuing #1 corner vs top edge rusher. Those are the two most important defensive positions in todays NFL. The RB vs QB debate is a debate of one of the least important positions (RB) vs the most important position in all of football.

I am not saying people still complaining about taking Ward isn't stupid with the way Ward is saying, I am just saying complaining about taking Baker because Barkley is very good is beyond stupid.

Let us not forget that a team will get literally half the work out of a RB picked #1 than a successful QB at #1.

Baker, if he continues on this trajectory, will be in the NFL into the 2030s.

Barkley will likely be halfway through his career by the time the Giants are in contention again.
Also, QBs are important on literally 100% of offensive plays. RBs, if they are not threatening pass catchers, are lucky if they are important on 50%. A seventh round runningback can likely give you 70% of the production of a first round runningback. That is just not true for QBs. Finally, pass plays are substantially more efficient than run plays.

What Barkley has, though, is the ability to be elite in all three phases of a RBs role. He looks to be an elite runner, catcher, and blocker. That means he will have a sizable impact. Hell, Chubb looks to be elite at only one and he is having a nice impact.

Still, with that said, Barkley does not touch the ball enough nor have the long enough career trajectory to have a QBs' impact.

Ward is out

At least the Broncos passing game is ass with Sanders out and traded Thomas

Sutton has been dealing with issues too.

The corners had a tougher matchup last week.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."