• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Jaron Blossomgame

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Gonna be sad times if we lose Blossomgame since McCaw is taking the 15th spot on the roster. I've liked Blossomgame so far. Will never be a star but could be a solid end of the rotation player for us.

Anticipate somebody having a knee contusion and McCaw replacing him .. we have other options

He's done the job he was brought in to do. He's made shots better than I thought could and his rebounding is very good. I hope he gets the last spot on the roster once the dust off the deadline has settled.

He's done the job he was brought in to do. He's made shots better than I thought could and his rebounding is very good. I hope he gets the last spot on the roster once the dust off the deadline has settled.

It seems odd that he isn't getting playing time now. I wonder if the front office decided they like him but have to shelve him so he doesn't hit his 45 NBA days.

Hopefully we gain a roster spot or two at the deadline.

It seems odd that he isn't getting playing time now. I wonder if the front office decided they like him but have to shelve him so he doesn't hit his 45 NBA days.

Hopefully we gain a roster spot or two at the deadline.
Confucius say, man who not get playing time now, has game that yet to blossom.

been debating in my mind whether he is worth keeping or not, he doesnt do anything too poorly but he is just very average.

been debating in my mind whether he is worth keeping or not, he doesnt do anything too poorly but he is just very average.
Sounds very much like the rest of the roster, no?

Sounds very much like the rest of the roster, no?
just wondering given our position if we are better off trying to continue to find a higher ceiling player like we did with jones or just keep Blossomgame knowing he most likely will only be an end of rotation guy

just wondering given our position if we are better off trying to continue to find a higher ceiling player like we did with jones or just keep Blossomgame knowing he most likely will only be an end of rotation guy

I think the front office probably wants to keep Blossomgame and promote him to the 15 man roster if there are roster spots available after the trade deadline. They will give him a contract for the rest of the year and probably a team option for next. That will open up another two way spot so we can get another look at a G-league player for 45 days.

Two way contracts have more flexibility than using a 15 man roster spot for two 10 day contacts. The front office can shuffle a player back and forward between the team and the G-league to stretch out their 45 days. Koby has been giving out two year two way contracts so that if we don't have a roster spot but hit on a player we can delay the decision till the summer or next season.

I also think Koby will try to keep the total salaries a million dollars or so below luxury tax so he has room to still cut a player if someone better develops on a two way contract. Griff has said a couple times that a big thing for Koby is having optionality so all this stuff would be in line with that.

Last edited:
signing Stauskas for rest of season pretty much means he is done when his two way is over I think

signing Stauskas for rest of season pretty much means he is done when his two way is over I think

I think it just because Blossomgame reach the 45 days upper limit and he need go back to G-League.

JB knows how to play the pro game. He does a lot of little things well. I think he will get a real contract someday, provided he does not get injured.. There are worse players in the game making millions..

Jaron "Worse Shooting Alonzo Gee" Blossomgame

I think it just because Blossomgame reach the 45 days upper limit and he need go back to G-League.

Blossomgame has played 27 games for the Cavs but we don't actually know how many days he has spent with the team. From what I understand when a player hits 45 days is that the team has to make a decision to sign him to the 15 man roster or release him. The front office might plan just to keep him to 44 days and ride him out for the rest of the season so they can bring him to summer league then camp for next year.

I know Blossomgame is signed to a 2 year two way contract. What I'm not sure is if his 45 days resets next year. I expect him to be with our summer league team and given a shot to fight for a spot at camp.

Blossomgame has played 27 games for the Cavs but we don't actually know how many days he has spent with the team. From what I understand when a player hits 45 days is that the team has to make a decision to sign him to the 15 man roster or release him. The front office might plan just to keep him to 44 days and ride him out for the rest of the season so they can bring him to summer league then camp for next year.

I know Blossomgame is signed to a 2 year two way contract. What I'm not sure is if his 45 days resets next year. I expect him to be with our summer league team and given a shot to fight for a spot at camp.

I kind of like him, hope they retain him

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."